Irrational_exuberance - Money talks ****** walks.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cpc4eva » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:26 pm

http://www.sportingo.com/football/irrational_exuberance_that_augurs_ill/1001,3904

ive just come across this article....

am wondering wat my fellow reds are thinking about this...

are u in agreeance or for the negative....

what are your thoughts....

the article raises some interesting points regarding the big clubs in the premiership and their finances and ability to get ontop of things and continue to be successful

or will it be that down the track that we will get into strife financially ???
cpc4eva

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:53 pm

It's a pile of sh!t.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:56 pm

LFC2007 wrote:It's a pile of sh!t.

in total agreement
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Guido the Killer Pimp » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:00 pm

first rule of journalism: never let the truth get in the way of a sensationalist pile of b0llocks
Guido the Killer Pimp

Postby The Bench » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:07 pm

Just read the link. quite well written, but the references made are pure speculation and hype. In other words, its bollox.
The Bench

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:27 pm

So lets see Utd and Arsenal are heavily in debt but he fears more for Liverpool. Liverpool have spent £20 million on Torres and suddenly its Liverpool who are in trouble. This guy is obviously bored to tears with no footy going on so should save his bored rantings for a forum where people are equally fed up with no footy and just talk about....well sh.it !
Start a couple of topics that really dont go anywhere.....works for me (ahem) kind of....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:37 pm

yeah totally agree too.now for the next topic.Pele and maradona are comng out of retirement to join Liverppol!
roberto green

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:31 am

Firstly in the Gillett Jr/Hicks takeover, part of the deal involved paying off all debt.

Secondly, 20 mill pound for Torres, doesn't constitute trouble.

Thirdly, stop reading shít!
Last edited by el_stinger on Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:05 am

Are the Anfield chairmen pulling a fast one? 
written by John Davies
on Sat 07 Jul 07 at 01:07   Have your say

Only days after the reds broke their transfer record for an upfront fee of around £20 million, George Gillett and Tom Hicks will get back around £16 milion after the proposed transfers of both Djibril Cisse to Marseille and Craig Bellamy to West Ham United.

Djibril’s deal, which was due to be tied up last weekend now looks almost done - the player having agreed personal terms with the French club. West Ham meanwhile are closing in on Craig Bellamy as they look set to lose Carlos Tevez to Manchester United.

With around £3 million banked from the Luis Garcia sale - it appears that Liverpool’s new owners have pulled off the perfect media trick - breaking the record transfer fee without spending any money.

When David Moores sold the club, it was partly on the assumption that there would be significant funds available to spend on player purchases - a figure quoted at the time was £30 million. Rafa may well be happy that he got his man in Torres, but as Malouda looks set for Chelsea, Tevez prepares to head off to United and Liverpool again appear to be slipping amongst the also rans one question remains at the very forefront of our mind?

Where’s our transfer budget Tom and George?
cpc4eva

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:10 am

cpc4eva wrote:Are the Anfield chairmen pulling a fast one? 
written by John Davies
on Sat 07 Jul 07 at 01:07   Have your say

Only days after the reds broke their transfer record for an upfront fee of around £20 million, George Gillett and Tom Hicks will get back around £16 milion after the proposed transfers of both Djibril Cisse to Marseille and Craig Bellamy to West Ham United.

Djibril’s deal, which was due to be tied up last weekend now looks almost done - the player having agreed personal terms with the French club. West Ham meanwhile are closing in on Craig Bellamy as they look set to lose Carlos Tevez to Manchester United.

With around £3 million banked from the Luis Garcia sale - it appears that Liverpool’s new owners have pulled off the perfect media trick - breaking the record transfer fee without spending any money.

When David Moores sold the club, it was partly on the assumption that there would be significant funds available to spend on player purchases - a figure quoted at the time was £30 million. Rafa may well be happy that he got his man in Torres, but as Malouda looks set for Chelsea, Tevez prepares to head off to United and Liverpool again appear to be slipping amongst the also rans one question remains at the very forefront of our mind?

Where’s our transfer budget Tom and George?

They prolly got nothing left after the takeover
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:58 am

Well if we go out and get Mancini for example (which may cost 15 million) it will be a good summer. Throw in Heinze for another 5 million  and that amounts to an exceptional summer for 20 million. That is good business.

It is not necessarily a bad thing that we are owned by shrewd businessmen.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 pm

That is a truly appalling article which is made up of nearly 97% b0ll0cks!!!

"Rafa has already burnt close to £100 million and looks to burn a lot more. And most of us will agree that he has had very little success to show for it." erm....two European cup Finals including number 5, Fa Cup winners, League Cup finalists and best league points total in years?

"Tottenham can be best described as a selling club." erm....I think nearly £30million of spending this summer puts that statement to bed.

"And those world-class stars will continue to form at Arsenal because they have one of the best scouting networks in the world, which delivers players who they do not sell. Backed by the coaching of Arsene, who makes them play in the famous Arsenal way, and with a very good sports science-oriented backroom staff, this team could really explode."
A-haaa...and explanation.....the article was written by a Gooner!!! ???

Utter dross from start to finish!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:58 pm

Talking utter pi$$ there.
His almighty speech about Arsenal was fun though  :D

Even if this article below was written at the darkest time of last season it sure is painting a black picture...

http://www.sportingo.com/footbal....001,678
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion