Interview with: - Sebastian leto

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:24 pm

These usually go down like a ton of bricks, so without further ado. Here is an interview with Leto taken from the offal:

SEBASTIAN LETO: THE FIRST INTERVIEW
Jimmy Rice 17 August 2007

How do you feel to finally be here at Liverpool Football Club?

I feel very happy indeed. It was a very proud moment when I played my first game in the Rotterdam Tournament. I'd been waiting a month for that moment, because I'd been training with the club before I got clearance to play.

When did you first hear of Liverpool's interest in you and were you surprised?

It was in January, and yes, I was extremely surprised, though of course very happy. I knew there was interest from a few European clubs, but I never imagined for a minute that an offer might come in from Liverpool

There was reportedly interest from big South American clubs like River Plate. Was it a difficult decision to make, leaving your homeland for Europe at such a young age?

There were a number of offers in from Argentinian and Spanish clubs, but as soon as Liverpool expressed an interest, it became a very easy decision. It is one of the biggest clubs, and they are always playing for so many trophies. Liverpool has such a good image in Argentina – I was always aware of them as a kid. So, it wasn't too difficult.

There are a lot of Argentinians here already – was that a factor in your decision?

Yes, of course. Paletta, Insua and Mascherano are here, soon will be Heinze. To know you are going to a club where there are people from your own country, that makes you more relaxed about things. I already knew Paletta because I've played against him in youth teams.

You knew about your move in January – how hard was it to concentrate on playing for Club Atletico Lanus in the meantime?

At first, people were saying my heart or my head was not in it, and this was difficult to hear, but after a few weeks, I managed to get over this and I was able to concentrate on my football.

What are your first impressions of Liverpool Football Club?

It's wonderful. It's one thing seeing games on TV, but to be here in person is really special. I came over earlier in the year to watch a game against Chelsea, and what stood out was the way the fans got behind the team. They were incredible - it blew me away.

Who's been helping you to settle in?

In particular, Paletta and Mascherano. They've been a great help in training, helping me to understand what's going on and what the manager wants. They've helped me adapt myself to the group.

What has Rafa told you about your role here?

He's talked about physical things in training, like what I'm doing well and what I need to improve on, but in terms of my role in the team, we've not spoken about that.

There are a lot of good left wingers at the club. How much do you know about them and how confident are you of breaking into the first team?

I didn't know too much about Babel and Kewell before I came here, but having seen them in training I am aware they have great ability. But I am up for the challenge and I have faith in my own ability.

A lot of South Americans have struggled to adapt to English football. How confident are you you've got what it takes to succeed here?

I am quite a direct player. I like to isolate a defender and beat him, and I like to get a shot in whenever I can, so I'm hoping this style of play will stand me in good stead.

There's a young Argentinian left-back at the club in Emiliano Insua – have you spoken about the prospect of forming a partnership down that side sometime in the future?

We've not spoken about this yet! We began to chat when we were in Holland and got to know each other a bit, but we haven't had that particular conversation at this stage.

What are your immediate goals here?

First of all to settle down at the club and in the city, and of course to learn the language quickly. Then I'll look to play as much as possible, and hopefully go on to achieve great things at the club.

Who are your footballing idols?

Maradona. He's the one.

What about here at Liverpool, what have you made of your teammates in training?

It was an honour to play alongside Steven Gerrard in Holland, even though he only came on in the second half. Also Sami Hyypia, because he has been a great player for this club. To train with these players, as well as the likes of Xabi Alonso and Jamie Carragher, is really good for my development.

Moving on to life off the pitch, how are you settling into the city?

I'm over here on my own at the moment, but in two weeks my girlfriend is coming over, which will be nice. I really like England, and Liverpool seems like a great place. The people are very friendly and everything is quite relaxed.

Have you had a chance to check out the Argentinian restaurant in town yet?

Not yet, but I've heard about it and am definitely going to check it out soon.

Seems like a sound lad. Welcome to the club Leto.   :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:35 pm

see he mentions Heinze will be here soon   :D
112-1077774096

Postby EddieC » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:00 pm

Was that bit about Heinze really in there? If it was it's been removed now.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:07 pm

EddieC wrote:Was that bit about Heinze really in there? If it was it's been removed now.

i'm not surprised- quite funny though.

Seems a good guy but let's hope he does isolate players, beat them, and get shots in as that's what we need from our wingers!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:09 pm

EddieC wrote:Was that bit about Heinze really in there? If it was it's been removed now.

has it     :oh:     :wwww

somebody must have panicked when they read it
112-1077774096

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:12 pm

has it  ???

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby hello_red » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:27 pm

he seems like a good lad, very happy to be here knows the players so he isnt bullshitting. Playing alongside Sami is an honour? yes it is son yes it is.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:25 pm

red37 wrote:There's a young Argentinian left-back at the club in Emiliano Insua – have you spoken about the prospect of forming a partnership down that side sometime in the future?

We've not spoken about this yet! We began to chat when we were in Holland and got to know each other a bit, but we haven't had that particular conversation at this stage.

Why the exclamation point!?  :D
JoeTerp

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:12 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
red37 wrote:There's a young Argentinian left-back at the club in Emiliano Insua – have you spoken about the prospect of forming a partnership down that side sometime in the future?

Why the exclamation point!?  :D

No idea Joe. But you'll have everyone looking up the original article now, just to see if that bit was doctored as well  :D

Maybe the two lads are really confident that between them they are the future Left side of the team, perhaps they're sh@gging each other....

Anyway, aren't you supposed to be getting ready for a night out full of debauchery and excess. Not every day your 21 -  enjoy it lad.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:20 pm

well I get off work in 45 minutes, but it will be a weekend full of debauchery I am sure. Might even go see Becks play tomorrow, he hadn't taken a free kick or trained in 8 weeks and on his first attempt he burried a free kick from 25 yards out on Wednesday, the goalie just laughed becuase he had never seen anything like it  :D   and then off to the bar on sunday for the Chelsea match
JoeTerp

Postby Rafa D » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:28 am

Nice to see Sami getting a mention.

Red37 did you put the heinze thing in mate?
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:42 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Nice to see Sami getting a mention.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:00 pm

red37 wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Nice to see Sami getting a mention.

OMG, so now members are not only copying and pasting, other peoples opinions as their own from other forums. Their now altering flipping articles.

What next huh  ........ S@int with funny jokes (only joking mate), Peewee with a real Thai bird, Leon as mod, BigMick for Rotation, Rafa Dodd Soba, Big Niall pro English, Dawson downloading, ?

Whats this forum coming too huh ?
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby red37 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:11 pm

Goway  :D  its the Internet - A great big game.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Tut tut, I thought better of you Red :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion