Interest in smicer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:59 am

Southampton have expressed interest in Smicer according to Sky Sports but the club want to get the new manager in before they start selling players.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:06 pm

It's only prudent to do that.

I asked earlier who is sanctioning the transfers.

We have no manager.  So who is really in charge?  Are they still asking Gerard Houllier?

No deals should go through until the new man comes in.  The Cisse deal is by my reckoning all done and dusted. 

I'm haunted by the fact I have not seen Birmingham City unveil Emile Heskey in their shirt with Steve Bruce proudly smiling next to him.  My head tells me the deal has gone through, i'll only believe it when I see it.  I've had about enough as I can take of him falling over at vitally crucial times, like in the last minute of games against Manchester United at Anfield on 9th November 2003 when it was easier to score than to fall on his a.r.s.e.

Never again.
jonnymac1979

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:16 pm

Get rid of him! he is one of the many "planks" always favoured by Houllier to start games and he if a pr!ck who often lose possession, can't pass properly and can't shoot properly either! he is one of the most frustrating attacking players we have, together with Diuof.

Luckly for us he gor injured or was not considered as an automatic starter towards the later half of the season. Houllier has said that he "can cannge the game for us" but the only change he brings is missing the chances and muffing the passes. The other players who we should get rid of immediately is Biscan, Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, Traore...

Why wopuld the Saints be interested in him? I would only believe it when it actually happens.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:22 pm

watch smicer play for the czechs in euro 2004 and i bet he has a great tournament. that sums up why the guy is so frustrating and needs to move on. he doesn't have the physical nature for the premiership and he will have 1 good game in 4 for us. however smicer wants to sign a new contract so it will be interesting to see what the new manager does with him. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:25 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I'm haunted by the fact I have not seen Birmingham City unveil Emile Heskey in their shirt with Steve Bruce proudly smiling next to him.  My head tells me the deal has gone through, i'll only believe it when I see it. 

I think this is because tranfers can't be officially completed till 1st july. The transfer window doesn't open till then
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:26 pm

ckay wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:I'm haunted by the fact I have not seen Birmingham City unveil Emile Heskey in their shirt with Steve Bruce proudly smiling next to him.  My head tells me the deal has gone through, i'll only believe it when I see it. 

I think this is because tranfers can't be officially completed till 1st july. The transfer window doesn't open till then

Ah, right.  I didn't know that.  Nice one.
jonnymac1979

Postby ckay » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:28 pm

Don't know for sure like, but there been a lot of movement and no official smiley happy faces with there new shirt. That's probably why Ciise isn't signing till July 1st.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:29 pm

smicer needs to go ASAP, agree wit st mike about him probably having a great euro 2004, he always does well for his national team but nothing for liverpool!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:15 pm

get rid of him.. while there's still interest.. Jimmy Armfield (BBC 606 commentator) often referred to him as Houllier's son / son-in-law.. because he never failed to pick him if he had the chance!
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:19 pm

Hoped Smicer have a great Euro 04....ka~chinggg :D  £££
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:00 pm

I don't think we'll see Smicer in a red shirt this time next year.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:03 pm

Bye-bye Smicer!!!! :D
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:56 pm

Bye-bye and good riddance to one of Houllier's favourite players who most fans have found to be very frustrating...because he does not produce anything yet gets picked almost everytime!

I am being too hard on him, right?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:27 pm

Hopefully can get some bucks from him  :D
whylongball?

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:54 pm

I doubt we'll get much for any of the flops.... but even if Smicer does impress in Euro 2004, he's not consistent...: do good ridance:blues:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion