Interest in smicer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:44 pm

If we are offered 1million then snap their hands off...........
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:05 pm

Who is making these decisions ? We don't have a manager and we may have lost out on the anticipated money from thailand .
F*ck the clearout !!!! we better hold on to anyone who can walk until we establish who our mgr is and how much he has at his disposal.
You know it makes sense !!!!!!!!! :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:28 pm

out! out! out! out! out! out! out! out!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:08 am

I bet Smicer will still be a Liverpool player next season.I hope he is!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:10 am

Smicer blew hot and cold under Houllier. Who knows, he may blow more hot than cold playing in a new system under a new manager. I don't mind whether he stays or goes.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:25 am

I think the fact that houllier played all of these ****** players(cheyrou,diao,diouf...) in the first team means that they get a good name among smaller clubs from playing with liverpool. i mean, we're about to make a profit of 500,000 on traore if his transfer to wba happens and lets all hope it does. okay, houllier did buy some players for ridiculous prices(look no furthe than diouf(10mil) or heskey(11.25mil) but at least we're getting something for them from small clubs. but we're those two for 5mil to marseille and 6.25mil to birmingham respectively.i guess im just bein optimistic but still, do you see what i'm geetin at here??
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:10 am

I read in the Liverpool Echo today that despite Paul Sturrock's interest in bringing Smicer to Southampton for £1.5 million, his weekly wages of £25,000 a week could be a stumbling block.

Imagine, a pr!ck like him, utterly useless in defence and not much use in attacks either, still gets £25,000 a week! What about the £10 million "wonder w@nker" Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou etc. - what kind of wages are they on (and given those level of wages and their contribution to the team over the years - what a total waste) selling them at a knoek down price would be extremely difficult because the clubs who are interested can't tempt them and they will hapily be prepared to kick their heels in the reserves untul their contract expires.

Reminds me of one Winston Borgade who is in the Chelski reserves and reportedly happy to see through his contract of £40,000 and refudsed to move some 2 years ago at a knock-doen price because he will earn less money.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:05 am

Smicer on £25K a week is nothing compared to Veron on £100K a week. :laugh:
I regret not being be a footballer and get to know the likes of Houllier and Abrahmnovic well. :;):
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:35 am

Smicer will prove useful. If he stays, its better as we can play him in the FA Cup.
There's no need to tire out our 1st team. And he has the skills that's not available in the present team.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:54 pm

There are at least 5 or 6 players that should go before Smicer. As Smicer can play on both wings he is a useful squad player. Murphy, Cheyrou and Diao can't play anywhere and should be sold before Smicer.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:00 pm

there's no way murphy should be sold. for me, getting injured and missing the world cup was a great blow to his confidence, and this then transpired into last season. he is still a very valuable asset to have due to his technical ability and eye for a goal.

oh yeah and he always scores against the sh#te at old trafford! :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:06 pm

I'd keep Cheyrou as well. Under the right guidence he will be a good player again. 90% of GH's signings were good players. He just managed to get the worst out of them.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:09 pm

Stmichael: Murphy is slow, weak and gives the ball away too often. Everything he does is in slow motion. If you want to keep him you have to lower your ambitions for the club. Murphy will never win us Champions League or the premiership. Are we not aiming for these throphies? I am not happy with our current team, and I see murphy as the weakest link. That is why he has to go.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby ckay » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:12 pm

Wasn't Murphy our second top scorer 2002-2003 season?
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:12 pm

hopefully Smicer will score a wonder goal at championships and clubs will buy him for £3m +.

I'd give him away on a free to save wages. There's no point in any player being in the squad if they are not good enough.

Sell him, give him, shoot him, I am not bothered but he has to go. Another GH master stroke.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion