Interest in pako - From chelsea and man utd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:03 pm

bavlondon wrote:Just out of curiosity what was whole reason behind Pacos falling out?

cause rafa found out that the pako hill was 1 degree steeper than he wanted...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:15 pm

All you guys talk from an emotional point of view, I´m sure Pako´s decision where he ends up will come from his wallet, not his heart.

Thats life.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:45 pm

Reg wrote:All you guys talk from an emotional point of view, I´m sure Pako´s decision where he ends up will come from his wallet, not his heart.

Thats life.

even though i don't fully agree with this statement... I must admit I feel that Pako won't have any qualms about joining our rivals... after all he was at liverpool for only 3 years and he's not from england...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Good article today

: Anfield mind game just so unsettling

Sep 14 2007 by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

HOW do you get inside the head of Rafa Benitez? When even his own players can’t second guess the Premier League’s most inscrutable manager, how on earth can his managerial rivals hope to outwit him?

A starting point might be to recruit the services of a man who has worked hand in glove with Benitez for 11 years; a man who has shared his greatest triumphs and commiserated with his lowest troughs – a man who knows more about Benitez’s modus operandum than any other person.

Which is why speculation linking Pako Ayesteran with Chelsea is unsettling.

It may only be speculation.

But it’s worrying speculation, nevertheless.

On the three occasions when it has mattered most, Jose Mourinho has lost the tactical battle with Benitez.

In two Champions League semi-finals and an FA Cup semi-final, the dapper little Portuguese has been left crying into his Armani overcoat.

But what greater way of tapping into your greatest rival’s psyche than by hiring his closest confidante?

At present the rumours are little more than that.

For a start, there is no obvious place for Ayesteran on the Chelsea coaching staff.

The management roll call at Stamford Bridge has no fewer than four assistant managers – there’s Steve Clarke, the assistant manager/coach; Silvino Louro, assistant manager – goalkeeping coach; Baltemar Brito – assistant manager coach and Rui Faria – assistant manager fitness coach.

That’s in addition to Andre Villas, head opposition scout and first team coach, and the man whose arrival from Tottenham caused such a storm, Chief Scout and Director of Youth Development Frank Arnesen, plus 27 other coaches who come under the umbrella “Other Management.”

But Liverpool think the rumours are real enough.

Real enough to investigate the possibility of placing Ayesteran on indefinite gardening leave rather than terminate his contract immediately.

They’re scrutinising the situation intensely.

A Ferrari mechanic handing McClaren team plans for the season would be small fare if the Pako-Mourinho speculation proves founded.

fine them 100 million

:D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:23 pm

Fair points raised in that article, but Prentice is a bitter. :D
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:26 pm

It may only be speculation.

But it’s worrying speculation, nevertheless.

Worrying, tragic or happy clappy, speculation is speculation.

Any worrying fact that suggests he'll join an archenemy and not be tempted by leading his own project? I know for a fact he wished that at some stage, so I doubt he'll find too attractive to join Chelsea as a second or third man, while he upsets not only Rafa but all his former club in the process.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:26 pm

From the Echo

Rafa Benitez warns Premier rivals: Pako Ayesteran will never join you
Sep 15 2007 By David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ has warned Liverpool’s title rivals off his unsettled assistant, Pako Ayesteran.

Benitez’s long-time number two has declared his intention to quit Anfield – and the Reds have placed Ayesteran on extended ‘gardening leave.’

But with speculation mounting that both Chelsea and Manchester United are monitoring the situation, Benitez has issued a clear hands-off warning.

“His contract is very clear,” said the Reds boss. “When you talk about this level (of football) you cannot move from one side to another with all the information you have. The contract is clear about that.

“We don’t need to work too hard on these issues because the contract is clear. I don’t know the exact situation right now because the lawyers are working with it. But we already have people working here and everything is okay.”

Benitez reiterated his decision not to enlist a new coach to replace Ayesteran.

“We already have Alec Miller, Paco De Miguel the new fitness coach, Xavi Valero and Dave McDonough,” he added. “They are the same people that we had before. Instead of one person doing the job we have three or four doing it. Everything is fine.”

Despite his words, Benitez remains bitterly disappointed by the decision of his right-hand man to leave, and also the timing of the announcement.

Ayesteran told Benitez of his feelings on the day of the Champions League second leg against Toulouse.

Benitez, meanwhile, has warned in-form record signing Fernando Torres that life in the Premier League will not always be as easy as he’s made it look to date.

Torres has made a flying start to life in England, netting three times in four league games, including a double in the six-goal hammering of Derby which swept Liverpool to the top of the table.

But the Liverpool boss is cautioning against an early analysis of Torres’ talents.

“Yes, Fernando should be pleased, but we also have to tell him to keep working hard,” said Benitez. “It is not always going to be as easy as he thinks it is at the moment and we need to wait and see what happens in a month or two.

“He will find out there are some very difficult central defenders to play against.

“But the fact he has scored already is important because goals give all strikers confidence.”

Nevertheless, Benitez is not anticipating any problems, having thoroughly checked Torres out before approaching Atletico Madrid in the summer with the kind of bid the La Liga outfit could not turn down.

“When we were thinking about signing him, we got to know all about him,” said Benitez. “He has a lot of strength, both physical and mental. In the head, he is far more mature than his age, so I am not surprised by him - I was expecting something like this.”
AB's Red Army

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:02 pm

I hope Pako doesnt go to that shower.

From the Beeb.
Queiroz considers leaving Man Utd 

Ferguson (left) has great faith in Queiroz's knowledge and ability
Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has hinted that he is considering leaving the club.
The 54-year-old is in his second spell as assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson, having rejoined the club in 2004.

But Queiroz said: "I need to reflect on what I want to do in this last part of my career.

"In December I'm going to stop and think about myself. My contract is perpetual and caters for various options but I have only one life."

Queiroz was Ferguson's number two from June 2002 until he left to become manager of Real Madrid in June 2003.

However, he was sacked as manager of the Spanish club in May 2004 and returned to Old Trafford in the summer of the same year.

"I am going to think about him and go for the route that makes me most happy," he added.

"I read Sir Alex said that one day he would like me to be United's main coach. That is one reason I am in this project but I'm not desperate about it.

"In your personal and professional life you always have more ambitions."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:13 pm

Ciggy wrote:I hope Pako doesnt go to that shower.

From the Beeb.
Queiroz considers leaving Man Utd 

Ferguson (left) has great faith in Queiroz's knowledge and ability
Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has hinted that he is considering leaving the club.
The 54-year-old is in his second spell as assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson, having rejoined the club in 2004.

But Queiroz said: "I need to reflect on what I want to do in this last part of my career.

"In December I'm going to stop and think about myself. My contract is perpetual and caters for various options but I have only one life."

Queiroz was Ferguson's number two from June 2002 until he left to become manager of Real Madrid in June 2003.

However, he was sacked as manager of the Spanish club in May 2004 and returned to Old Trafford in the summer of the same year.

"I am going to think about him and go for the route that makes me most happy," he added.

"I read Sir Alex said that one day he would like me to be United's main coach. That is one reason I am in this project but I'm not desperate about it.

"In your personal and professional life you always have more ambitions."

Ciggs he won't join mancs, just read this

HE WON'T LEAVE TO A RIVAL CLUB
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:40 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=465260&cc=3888

Benitez unmoved by Mourinho exit

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez kept his feud with Jose Mourinho going to the last today by declining to offer any compliments about the former Chelsea boss' time at Stamford Bridge.

The Liverpool boss and the Portugese coach had made little secret of their animosity over the last few years, heightened by run-ins over Champions League semi-finals and Benitez's frequent comments that it was Roman Abramovich's billions that bought back-to-back Premier League titles for the west Londoners.

Even though Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger of the 'big four' have offered their sympathies for his departure, all Benitez would say was: 'You know my relationship with him, it is better that I do not say anything.

'At the moment I am more worried about Birmingham boss Steve Bruce.'

Liverpool face the midlanders at Anfield tomorrow.

Even in recent weeks the friction between the pair has surfaced. Benitez was known to be disappointed when his former assistant Paco Ayestaran was 'too friendly' with Mourinho after the clubs drew 1-1 at Anfield earlier this season.

That incident is believed to have been one of the reasons for the tensions between Benitez and Ayestaran coming to a head, with the latter having now left the club.

Benitez said: 'It is not a good idea for a manager to talk about other clubs in this situation.

'I would prefer not to say anything. What is clear is that Chelsea still have a good team with a lot of very good players.'

He added: 'The best thing for Liverpool is to continue to focus on what we are doing and to continue to improve ourselves and play well. Not to think about what is happening anywhere else.

'That would be dangerous, I am more interested in Liverpool, not with any problems at other clubs.'
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:48 pm

According to Manhattan's sources, Pako will be confirmed as the new Chelsea manager.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:00 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:According to Manhattan's sources, Pako will be confirmed as the new Chelsea manager.

:angry:  :angry:

Oh fecking no
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:04 pm

I was listening to the Times podcast today. Craig Bellamy was being interviewed, apart from being very nice about Rafa, he raised the point about training at Liverpool. He said that at other clubs they do the skills and tactical training etc first and finish off by doing their conditioning training, but at Liverpool we do the conditioning work first, and that this was probably because Pako was a fitness trainer first and foremost. He didn't say whether it was good or bad, just different.
account deleted by request

Postby AB's Red Army » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:06 pm

Red Dotty wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:According to Manhattan's sources, Pako will be confirmed as the new Chelsea manager.

:angry:  :angry:

Oh fecking no

Won't happen.
AB's Red Army

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:17 pm

Alonso and Agger both suffered stress fractures rather than due to a tackle etc, could this be a repercussion from losing Pako?

Definition: A metatarsal stress fracture is a common cause of foot pain, especially when people suddenly increase their activities. This type of injury, notorious in soldier recruits, is also called a "march fracture."
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion