INTER MILAN vs LIVERPOOL: CL-11/03/08 - 2nd Leg - Build up and Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Yari7 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:46 pm

redtrader74 wrote:Alright yari7 you keep believing that Andy Gray is as fair and balanced towards us, as he is about other teams. Oh and the Earths flat :;):

I just think that Gray in general calls it how he sees it which ever team it may be that is playing. he gives credit where credit is due.

His critiscm of the sendign off is the same critiscm that everyone has had of the desicion. Only Luiverpool fans are defending the decision.

If one of our players was sent of for that, I would not be happy.
Yari7

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Yari7 wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:Alright yari7 you keep believing that Andy Gray is as fair and balanced towards us, as he is about other teams. Oh and the Earths flat :;):

I just think that Gray in general calls it how he sees it which ever team it may be that is playing. he gives credit where credit is due.

His critiscm of the sendign off is the same critiscm that everyone has had of the desicion. Only Luiverpool fans are defending the decision.

Neither would i, because it was a silly and needless challenge, especially considering he was on a yellow.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Yari7 wrote:

yari,

i take it you werent listening to the game yesterday then.

yes, the sending off was harsh, but its how grey kept harping on about it for 20 minutes that showed him to eb the qst class nob he really is. the guy is absolute scum
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Yari7 wrote:

yari,

i take it you werent listening to the game yesterday then.

yes, the sending off was harsh, but its how grey kept harping on about it for 20 minutes that showed him to eb the qst class nob he really is. the guy is absolute scum

Well considering it was the descion which changed the game and it killed the whole game off for them, what else do you want Gray to say. With 11 men, they would have may still have been in the game until the very end.

The truth is, we were fortunate that we played 90 minutes against 10 men. Though I am not complaining.
Yari7

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:01 pm

Anyone remember Gray's commentary for the Olympiakos game in 2005 with Gerrard's wonder strike? Or the 06 cup final against West Ham? Gray wasn't slagging Liverpool off, he was having a go at the ref. He said Benayoun should never of been booked as well as half the other cards that the ref was happy to give.

I thought Gray was wrong because it was a yellow card offence and the fella had already been booked therefore he had to go.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:04 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:It's staggering, it really is. Boro, Bolton and West Ham...Kuyt and Babel were being raved about. They were finally being doing what was expected, they're dropped for the Newcastle game and come back into the team and take constant stick. I said it about the Newcastle game, neither of them should of been dropped for that match because it takes you out your rythm. It's exactly what happened to both of them.

Or last night they played against one of the best sides in Europe over the last 2 years and came up a little short.

Kuyt had chance after chance to cross, but couldn't pick out a soul in a red shirt, that has nothing to do with the opposition, that's down to ability.

Still maybe he would of picked out Torres and/or Gerrard if he'd been playing every week and built up a similar understanding with one or both of them, like they have done with each other.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Yari7 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Definate yellow card.
I said it before i knew Burdisso was on a yellow as well, as i wasnt even aware who had been booked.
If it was the other way round and Burdisso won the ball with Lucas taking him out in the same way this is what Andy Gray would of said......'stupid challenge for the lad to make when he is already on a yellow, we all know the European referees will give yellow cards for challenges like that'

But as it went for us it was a ridiculous yellow card  :D

Then within a minute Mascherano and Zanetti had a decent tussle where Zanetti went down, Gray then blurts out....surely he should be carded for pulling him back.

If thats not biased what is ?
You could hear the disappointment in his voice even in the first half when Ibrahimovic wasted a couple of free kicks, like he was willing us to concede.
He was that biased at first it annoyed me, until we scored then i was made up, ruined his night that did  :D

I wouldnt be surprised if Gray is an undercover Liverpool fan. his love for Steven Gerrard is not healthy.

And how do you judge the Babel handball. Surely that should have been a second yellow?

Babel could easily have got a 2nd yellow for that yes.

By the way are you actually a liverpool fan ?

Just the way you are defending Gray and the way you are defending the clear sending off is strange if you are.

Ok Materazzis in the first leg was a joke but Burdisso last night wasnt.

Just read back over the post i have quoted you on below and i dont think you are a fan, i think your a wum.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:22 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:It's staggering, it really is. Boro, Bolton and West Ham...Kuyt and Babel were being raved about. They were finally being doing what was expected, they're dropped for the Newcastle game and come back into the team and take constant stick. I said it about the Newcastle game, neither of them should of been dropped for that match because it takes you out your rythm. It's exactly what happened to both of them.

I've expressed my doubts about Babel well before this match.  His best game in recent memory was at Bolton where he took the p!ss out of their right backs all match and got his name on the score sheet.  In other matches though, particularly ones where he's come up against some more imposing defenders (Lucas Neill, for instance) he's been far less interested in taking anyone on or getting stuck in.  And there have been numerous occasions this season where he's been caught flat-footed when the likes of Gerrard try and play him in behind or he's given up on balls that are not exactly lost causes.  Sorry if it sounds harsh but I continue to have my doubts about his attitude and commitment. 

I still think last night's result was absolutely fantastic, though. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:28 pm

babel might not be at his best yet, but he's unfortunately the best now of all left wides we have. only he doesn't have to try too hard to run at the opponent when there is at least clearly one partner with a better position around
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I still think last night's result was absolutely fantastic, though. :D

that should be in your signature until we loose or draw
JoeTerp

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:44 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:

Or last night they played against one of the best sides in Europe over the last 2 years and came up a little short.

Kuyt had chance after chance to cross, but couldn't pick out a soul in a red shirt, that has nothing to do with the opposition, that's down to ability.

Still maybe he would of picked out Torres and/or Gerrard if he'd been playing every week and built up a similar understanding with one or both of them, like they have done with each other.

Kuyts crossing ability had nothing to do with an apparent lack of understanding with Torres and Gerrard, he couldn't get it past the first man, or overhit it twice. In fact he has played a lot of games with Torres and Gerrard.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:08 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:

right... on the other hand the player who's considered the world's best by his team's fans, Ibrahimovic, was playing better than kuyt wasn't he?  :laugh:

how come when crouch misses 3-4 headers in the six yard box in a game we don't hear this kind of criticisms I wonder...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Right - let's set the record straight, shall we?

Andy Gray is a fat, balding Scottish retard who spends his life hating Liverpool.

A bitter, twisted reject, his only joy in life comes from watching LFC struggle. (As his sh*thawk club Neverton will never win anything again.)

You have to understand, though, that joining (and therefore aligning himself with) Everton was not his first mistake.

His first mistake was crawling out of the abortion clinic trash-can where his hooker Momma left him.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Right - let's set the record straight, shall we?

Andy Gray is a fat, balding Scottish retard who spends his life hating Liverpool.

A bitter, twisted reject, his only joy in life comes from watching LFC struggle. (As his sh*thawk club Neverton will never win anything again.)

You have to understand, though, that joining (and therefore aligning himself with) Everton was not his first mistake.

His first mistake was crawling out of the abortion clinic trash-can where his hooker Momma left him.

:D  the last sentence was a bit strong mate...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:31 pm

great result for us. we were defending well but i was disappointed with our attacking play in the first half...........not much seemed to come of it but the important thing was we hardly let them through our defence. I thought the sending off was harsh at the time. Dont think the player caught lucas but his foot was high and from where the referee was standing he wouldn't know the difference and hey :censored: happens and Torres went on to score a great goal to secure the game. We frustrated them before the sending off and after it was easier for us even though they had a couple of good chances for their "star" player.

Great result, think we'll need to step up our game further in the competition but as long as we're getting through with results like this its allllllllll good. come on the pool!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion