INTER MILAN vs LIVERPOOL: CL-11/03/08 - 2nd Leg - Build up and Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:30 am

One we weren't 3-0 down, as I've already pointed on Gerrard HAD scored earlier in the game. Two, who's likely to change a game Torres and Gerrard or Kewell and Babel. Also, when Torres was taken off, it was either 1-1 or just gone 2-1 to Reading. Three, Benitez wouldn't of been sacked because fans like you Lando wouldn't of allowed it. The fans are more loyal to Benitez than the yanks, so the yanks who were already on thin ice couldn't upset the faithful anymore. Four, Ferguson drops Ronaldo, they get beat...proves the point that without your top players, games are more difficult to win. Five, the league should always be priority for this club, and it hasn't been for some time. Start of the season Benitez says he's going to go all out for the title, yet constantly :censored: about and puts the league second best. Six, yes Benitez can win. If he wins the league with Liverpool then he'd of won as far as I'm concerned.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:32 am

One we weren't 3-0 down

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Peewee has a point folks, it does make you wonder why Benitez brings Torres, Carra and Gerrard off IN AN ENGLISH LEAGUE GAME AGAINST READING WHEN WE'RE 3-0 DOWN

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Absolutely 100% clueless.

It's official.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:34 am

Still, I don't think this is the right place to discuss Reading, it's been a good victory tonight. Well done to all involved.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:46 am

greenred wrote:
peewee wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
peewee wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:peewee predicting future losses is negative. Nobody KNOWS whether we are going to win or not, and assuming that we wont is being negative. And it is just plain false to say that Rafa doesn't care about English football.  Tell me how Arsenal couldn't beat Wigan? Tell me how West Ham took 6 points of the mancs last season? I guess Ferguson has no interest in English Football.  Just look at our recent run of form IN THE LEAGUE dating back to the Sunderland match, winning at the bridge is nearly impossible and nobody has done it in a long time, and other than that, its been full points in the league since the start of February

and where are arsenal as we speak mate, look who won the league last season.

managers of both these clubs have an interest in the premier league, sure its hard to go every season unbeaten (although arsenal did do it), but look at us under rafa, every season out the league by xmas while going strong in europe.

so earlier i asked the question, how can we lose to barnsley, reading, west ham and yet beat inter twice.

are they all better than inter? are the bollox mate

the fact is rafa, after 4 years either doesnt know the english game, or has no real desire to win the league and focuses on europe, the league obviously means nothing to rafa

Jesus wept. :no

Using your 'logic', we could ask how the Mancs could lose to Coventry, Man City twice, West Ham, Bolton and Portsmouth and yet still manage to beat the French champions in Europe?  Is Lyon worse than those sides? ???

The only thing "obvious" in your statement is that you've got such a hate-on for Rafa that you've lost grip of reality.  Another fantastic result and all you can do is come on here and have a whinge.  Unreal.  :kungfu:

actually did you read my first post, probably not.

i said how good the performance was and simply pointed out how innefective one of our players was. but why let facts get in the way of b*tching eh bob?

as always on here a victory has to be greeted with rafa is god comments and how fantastic we are.

the fact is our performance tonight was superb, i am simply questioning why we can do this in europe and not in the league, i then respond to comments from others but sadly all the morons on here can only see 'peewee is whinging" and then start having a go about it.

grow up you lemons    :no

You are the kind of pathetic fukker that put me off this forum in the first place.No humour,no intelligence,no feedback.

:(

well if you dont like honesty and just like to read how wonderful everything is please feel free to leave.

as for bob, read what i write and try and understand it rather than just looking for a way to get a sly dig in.

this is a match thread, i commented on the match just have others have done, i also commented on individual players, just as others have done.

yet you all seem to home in on my post and start with your petty digs, and why? because i choose to talk about the facts rather than waffle on about how wonderful everything is.

now to put it simply we are not good enough this season AGAIN, why try and hide from that fact, we have problems, its as simple as that.

if you dont like my honesty, well boo hoo (see i can be immature as well)
112-1077774096

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:53 am

LFC2007

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:54 am

Peewee, do you ever feel good when we win a game?
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby flombs » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:04 am

Peewee mate, you need to let loosen up a little. I'm  kinda on your side when it comes to Benitez winning the domestic league for us, but not as staunch as yer.
As far as i'm concerned, we are on a great run in the league, and CL. As long as we keep it up im happy. But, i'll not change my mind completely until Benitez wins us the league.
Enjoy the run that we are on mate, long may it continue! :;):
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:13 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Peewee, do you ever feel good when we win a game?

every time mate
112-1077774096

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:28 am

Some of these arguments are really tedious, like.

We just pulled off a another fantastic European result to add to our illustrious record and history, yet the same dragged out bollox argument since after the Reading match persists? Get a grip, people. Let it rest. That argument should be well buried.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:55 am

Emerald Red wrote:Some of these arguments are really tedious, like.

We just pulled off a another fantastic European result to add to our illustrious record and history, yet the same dragged out bollox argument since after the Reading match persists? Get a grip, people. Let it rest. That argument should be well buried.

i have not seen anyone disputing the fantastic result mate, just some people choose to go off at a tangent and look for squabbles where none exists
112-1077774096

Postby GunGod » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:58 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:As for GBJH's point, I'd point out that Ferguson rested Ronaldo and Rooney away to Fulham ahead of their return leg with Lyon so let's not pretend it's only Rafa that cares about this Champions League lark, shall we? ???

Yes Ferguson dropped his star players, FROM THE START. He didn't go and start them then give up on a match after an hour. In fact he brought Ronaldo and Rooney on in the match against Fulham which I presume is the game you're referring to, so United could try and add to their already 3-0 lead.

It's the fact that Benitez GAVE UP on that Reading match that pisses me off. If you're going to lose, then lose fighting, not happily give in.

What you're suggesting is silly, given the situation.

Rafa can't win, can he? He plays a strong side with the "untouchables" on from the start.

We go 3-0 down.

20 minutes left. Does he:

a.) Leave the ineffectual "untouchable" players on, despite us having a make-or-break tie in 3 days' time, risking their fitness,

b.) Change them and hope the new blood can get somethign from the game?

Bear in mind that he was going to be sacked had we lost in Europe.

Only a complete tit would fail to see why Rafa did what he did.

I agree with Lando (and by extension Rafa  :D ) on this.

It's 3-0 down...not 1 or 2 nil. Which we might still have a chance.
20 minutes left, not 45.

We would have needed a herculean, mind sapping, body draining effort to have gotten anything out of that. Would it even be worth the gamble it if it means that we will be putting out tired players for Inter?

If you tell me if we left them on we would score 4 and win then of course, leave them on! But who could guarantee that?

And its not like taking them off means its 8 vs 11. We are putting in another 3 fresh players in place of 3 who ran their socks off for 70 mins.

Even though for that match Gerrard was constantly threatening to score up till the point he was taken off, I couldn't see how reading would have conceded 3 or 4 in 20 mins when for 70 mins we couldn't score 1.

So taking them off with Inter in mind is a correct decision, albeit only Rafa does such things. (You don't see AF or AW taking star players off in the midst of a match they seem to be losing. Then again, it doesn't mean that they are right. And also, how often do you see them going down 3-0  :D )

Being passionate is great. But making decisions not clouded by passion and being able to see things beyond the current match is better. Rafa certainly wasn't going to shun away from making unpopular decisions and that's why Rafa is the coach and the rest of us, just fans.
GunGod

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:07 am

Great win but unlike most on here I was a nervous wreck until the sending off. I thought we were playing too many long balls and giving possession away too cheaply. Skirtel made some great tackles (2 in particular ) but was also guilty of ball watching and let his man get passed him too easily on a couple of occasions (Cruz and Ibrahimovic). Babel was poor and while Kuyt was just as bad in possession, he worked his a$$ off to make up for it. Gerrard struggled to make an impact as Cambiasso again managed to keep him quiet for most of the game.

Reina made two great saves and showed again why he is probably as good as anyone. Masch was probably my M.O.M  although Torres worked extremly hard and scored a great goal to run him close. I think we missed Alonso a lot last night, someone who could stroke the ball about and help retain possession, Lucas looked lightweight and didn't quite get his short passing game going.

Inter looked threatening early on but by the time they had a player sent off, I think we had already rode out the storm. Ibrahimovich flattered to deceive as he had chances but never looked like scoring from them.( His freekicks reminded me of Riise at his worst) I wouldn't mind signing Cruz though, looks a very very good player. Zannetti was probably Inter's best player until he had to retreat into defence after the sending off.

Great result, and without us ever playing at our best, a good performance. (Maybe Inter had a little to do with our not looking at our best though)
account deleted by request

Postby itsallkickingoff » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:11 am

Hi there. I work on the ITV.com team and just thought you’d like to know that there is a lot of great footie content on the site. There’s Champion’s League stuff – from fixture info to match highlights and news stories which you can see here ITV and ITV.com have also launched a great new live football results broadcast show, ExtraTime. This is your chance to shout at the TV as presenters discuss the teams, their successes and failures, players, managers, and react to viewers' comments that are posted live online at ITV Local. The show goes live online at 3pm each Saturday, and can be watched on demand all week after that http://www.itvlocal.com/anglia/extratime

Any feedback you have on the site is always welcome too!

Thanks!
itsallkickingoff

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:21 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Peewee, do you ever feel good when we win a game?

appraently not , peewee , be happy for once mate , its a great result , we qualify for the quarters , whats there negative to take out of the performance ,...

Splendid save from reina to deny inter , i would not trade him away for any keeper in the world , and torres well whats there more to say , he produced another top goal fromoutta nothing using the angle and the inter defender to block julio cesar 's view
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:38 am

There seems to be a pattern of if "one hates rafa then one also hates kuyt"...:laugh: and to blame kuyt for yesterday's performance is a bit too biased... sure he could've done better or made better decisions with the chances that he had... but he wasn't the worst player on the pitch... at least he managed to get himself into dangerous positions and caused some problems... at the same time he tracked back and helped carra alot... at the same time he fits into the system we're playing and the game plan we had for inter... to call for crouch to come in with the kind of game we were playing is absolutely naive IMO... after all there was only one scorer last night and that was torres... gerrard didn't score, babel didn't score, benayoun didn't score, just to mention players who were and could be in positions to score... on top of that gerrard had his own mistakes and babel for all his pace was as dangerous as a kitten... this is where IMO some fairness of assessment is called for...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion