In real terms - What will be 'acceptable'?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

In real terms - What will be 'acceptable'?

Premiership Champions, no more no less
13%
We simply must finish AT LEAST second
53%
Another Champions League title will buy as long as he likes
5%
Third again, maybe a domestic cup to go with it (again)
17%
Top four and a domestic cup
5%
This is a bedding in season, anything goes
5%
Other permutation
3%

Total votes : 64

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:27 pm

What the f.uck are we talking about here. ???  :D
66-1112520797

Postby Bammo » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:28 pm

I voted third although I probably should have gone for other permutation (my fault for not reading the choices fully!).

Realistically I'd want 2nd but I'd rather us 3rd and only a few points off the leaders than 2nd and 15+ points away.

Quite simply, I want to see a points improvement each season  :;):
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:34 pm

Bamaga man wrote:What the f.uck are we talking about here. ???  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:35 pm

Bamaga man wrote:What the f.uck are we talking about here. ???  :D

I thought we were supposed to be backing our new buddy up in arguments. I'm going to be very busy  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:51 pm

I had 3 years of learning about Liverpool in this forum, and then suddenly I had 5 months of fight. With perspective I think the first 3 years were very interesting, where as to fight in your third language answering to insults you really don't understand is not funny. So no, don't count on me for a Royal Rumble, I had enough of that. :)

Ciggy says about the strikers:
Would explain why they get rotated, dropped or what ever you want to call it, and secondly Kuyt is played out of position and is finding it very hard to be scoring on a regular basis.

I agree, the amount of work that Rafa makes the strikers doing, doesn't help they shine as strikers. I rate both Kuyt and Morientes when he was here, but they were "sacrificed" for the benefit of the team.

But I think they're rotated because Rafa thinks each of them had different attributes and uses them depending on the game.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:57 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:1962 Second Division champions
1964 First Division champions

Took him 5 years to win the league in a much easier climate.

Now shut it.

Apologies if somebody already pointed this out but that must be a typo Lando surely? How can the "climate" be easier when we were in the second division when he took over?  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:01 pm

bigmick wrote:

Now shut it.

Apologies if somebody already pointed this out but that must be a typo Lando surely? How can the "climate" be easier when we were in the second division when he took over?  :D

Even if he took over the club from conference leagues the climate would be easier than Spain, the country in which a team can have 5 coaches a season.

We sack coaches here as easily as you throw a fart.  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:08 pm

bigmick wrote:

Now shut it.

It was warmer back then.
LFC2007

Postby JohnBull » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:21 pm

As someone who was there in the Boys Pen when Shanks came and who was able to walk into Melwood and watch the training (you could in those days) and saw a bunch of :censored: in the board room do everything they could to undermine him. The idea of anyone underestimating the brilliance of Shankly beggers belief.

There is no manager around today who could compare with the man. We were going nowhere season after season and he turned us round by getting the best out of players just by the power of his man management.

Lando the shallowness of your knowledge of this team makes me wonder why you watch us. Some of us still remember players being 100% genuine on and off the pitch. The legacy of Shanks took us into the 90s when the phonies came in. The same man turning up today would do it again and even todays millionaires would die for him.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:04 am

1- At least semi-finals of the Champions League.

2- Top three in Premiership.

3- Victory in either FA or Carling Cups.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:35 am

The measure of this team is how we go in the Premeirship, nothing more and nothing less this season. Doesn't mean we've got to win it, because nobody knows for sure how we good we are yet. We need though to be achieving an end position and points total which is a fair indication of how good we are. Over achievement would be great, finishing "about where we belong" would do, another season of under achievement in the League though would be hard to take. My suspicio at this stage is that we ought to be within a couple of wins of winning it when the the points are counted up.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:25 pm

bigmick wrote:The measure of this team is how we go in the Premeirship, nothing more and nothing less this season. Doesn't mean we've got to win it, because nobody knows for sure how we good we are yet. We need though to be achieving an end position and points total which is a fair indication of how good we are. Over achievement would be great, finishing "about where we belong" would do, another season of under achievement in the League though would be hard to take. My suspicio at this stage is that we ought to be within a couple of wins of winning it when the the points are counted up.

Then can we blame the refs that robbed us in the early season with cruel penalty decisions rather than Rafa and rotation if we are so close?
Or should we set out every season with 10% unforseen points dropping allowance and tell the players that inspite of how rotation effects them other factors can actually cost points! :D

Im sure you know what i mean although it is a joke!
The Grudge

Postby roberto green » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:10 pm

I just want to get back that early season form because it kind of had a feeling i havent remembered since we last won the league(when i was a kid) but sadly we have been brought back down to earth and with the mancs now on a run without really getting going you just sense they will get better and how i fuk"ng hate that.
roberto green

Postby Owzat » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:42 pm

Half the votes for a second placed finish which I agree should be the minimum target if not requirement. He's spent plenty, plenty on players who came and went and while we are third in terms of spending we can't hide behind that as an excuse. Rafa came in, knew the limitations he was likely to face financially compared with Chelski and the mancs, and he has to be aiming at winning the title. I feel his success in the Champions League has made this harder because it's now a distraction and you have to wonder if some of his signings are "multi purpose" - bought with the Champions League in mind as much as the Premiership.

But when we talk of spending what has actually changed? Finnan, Carra, Hyypia and Riise were already here so that's a back four that he had to start with and has added to but we still have the foundations of. He still has Gerrard as well so must of his spending has been on midfield and attack, of which quite a few of these signings should now be settled - Alonso, Reina, Crouch, Agger, Sissoko, Kuyt to add to the players who were here already in Gerrard, Carra, Riise, Finnan and Hyypia.

What makes me laugh is Jol has a back five that cost over £22m and that's more than Carra , Riise £4.6m, Agger £5.8m, Finnan £3.5m and Reina £6m cost. Throw in Arbeloa and it's even cheaper! I heard the spudz xmas party has been cancelled because Jol couldn't organise the p1 ss up at the brewery
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:45 pm

i voted top 2

but i would be satisfied with 3rd if it was real close

i just want us to be real contenders again in the prem

if we finish 20 odd points behind again then rafa must go
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion