21%

Total votes : 14

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:07 am

I have a horrible feeling that we won't finish 4th,
Expect Newcastle to nick it :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:10 am

I think it will be close and come down to the last game of the season against the magpies. De ja vu.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:31 pm

I think that if GH wins the UEFA Cup and finishes 4th the board will keep him on.

If he finished 4th but we go out of the UEFA Cup there will probably be a lot of dissent, and it would be touch and go whether the board keeps him on. Parry and Moores will want to, but if Moores hands over the reigns to some one else it could be the end of GH.

If we don't finish 4th I think the pressure on GH and the board will be immense and Parry/Moores may have to bite the bullet and let him go.

A lot depends on whether Moores decides to call it a day himself. I think if we finish outside of the Champions League places then Moores may step down and in that scenario GH is a goner.

Personally, even if we do finish 4th and capture the UEFA Cup spot I think Houllier should go as he was hired to win us the league and the bottom line is that we are no closer to it now than in any time in the last 14 years.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:10 pm

What sort of achievement is it to finish fourth, possibly more than 30 points behind the eventual champions and closer in points terms to relegation. And what sort of achievement is it to win the UEFA Cup, which although there are some big names, is a competition for those teams who frankly are not good enough to compete in the CL.

Don't all fall for Houllier's spin making out that if we finish fourth we will have met our targets. It's a disgrace. Did you watch what Arsenal did to Porsmouth at the weekend? Weren't they sensational? We've played Portsmouth three times this season and haven't won yet.

But, yes, if we finish fourth, Houllier, Parry and Moores will say that the critics were all wrong and hooray, we are in the CL. Meanwhile, Arsenal are out of sight........
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:10 pm

Finishing fourth will not get us a league title. Finishing fifth last year and fourth this also will not be good enough, individually or combined
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:14 pm

agreed. houllier has come out today and said that "we are still capable of achieving our aims". what has this football club come to? the guy is far too nice. as much as i despise fergie, i just wish houllier had his win at all costs mentality.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ynwa » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:02 pm

i like to win the ufea cup finish forth and f##k gh off but i know for a sure they will not got all three
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:52 pm

I don't think I have ever seen a manager such as GH come up with such incredible ways of "spinning things".
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby kozarets1914 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:18 pm

WE BANGED REDTILLDEAD'S MUM  :D  :D  :D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kozarets1914

Postby kozarets1914 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:42 pm

Sorry all! I'm so glad that jipsy REDTILLDEAD did shut his smelly mouth! TAKE CARE ALL! LEVSKI FOREVER :) GOOD LUCK FOR LFC TONIGHT! LEVSKI ARE WITH U :cool:
kozarets1914

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:17 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I don't think I have ever seen a manager such as GH come up with such incredible ways of "spinning things".

He talks *****, whether he honestly believes it is a different matter. I liked what Thompson came out with the other day, an honest evaluation of the situation (ITV Teletext P511 if it is still there)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion