If we lose to lyon - Will rafa get the sack? (or resign)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

If we lose to lyon - Will rafa get the sack? (or resign)

Yes, probably
10%
Should, but might not
18%
Shouldn't, but might
18%
No, doubt it
54%

Total votes : 68

Postby loopyliverpool » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:38 am

bigmick wrote:Agree with S@int, he's here until the Summer at the very least. He should be too, for many reasons. The main two or three for me are 1. That most of the managers you would want to replace him are currently in employment, you'd have more chance of prizing them away from their jobs in the Summer. 2. Rafa deserves the opportunity to pull us out of our tailspin, and 3. (an important one this) If he is going to make a real nonsense of it, letting him do it would at least give the new manager a clear run with the fans. You only have to read this forum to realise that some peoples loyalty towards the manager and absolute refusal to even blame him even a fraction for any woes is laughable on occasions, and if he went on Thursday and a new bloke turned it around you'd have 3/4 of the fans not giving him any credit and saying we should bring back Rafa.

Let him have a proper go at it. We've now spent more money than both Arsenal and Manchester United, he's in control of recruitment, the youth policy, the academy, the coaching, the fitness, the diet and everything else. There can be no excuses surely if it all goes pear shaped, if it does then we can bring in a new manager and put it all down to experience.

As for shortlists, the list should be the shortest one in history and only have have one name on it. We should move heaven and earth to get that name to come to Anfield, and if we can't, then we make a list and do some interviewing.

Ok Mick, hypothetically, who is on that list of one?
loopyliverpool

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:42 am

loopyliverpool wrote:
bigmick wrote:Agree with S@int, he's here until the Summer at the very least. He should be too, for many reasons. The main two or three for me are 1. That most of the managers you would want to replace him are currently in employment, you'd have more chance of prizing them away from their jobs in the Summer. 2. Rafa deserves the opportunity to pull us out of our tailspin, and 3. (an important one this) If he is going to make a real nonsense of it, letting him do it would at least give the new manager a clear run with the fans. You only have to read this forum to realise that some peoples loyalty towards the manager and absolute refusal to even blame him even a fraction for any woes is laughable on occasions, and if he went on Thursday and a new bloke turned it around you'd have 3/4 of the fans not giving him any credit and saying we should bring back Rafa.

Let him have a proper go at it. We've now spent more money than both Arsenal and Manchester United, he's in control of recruitment, the youth policy, the academy, the coaching, the fitness, the diet and everything else. There can be no excuses surely if it all goes pear shaped, if it does then we can bring in a new manager and put it all down to experience.

As for shortlists, the list should be the shortest one in history and only have have one name on it. We should move heaven and earth to get that name to come to Anfield, and if we can't, then we make a list and do some interviewing.

Ok Mick, hypothetically, who is on that list of one?

I don't get involved in discussing such things on the main boards mate as some people start frothing at the mouth. There is a thread about the bloke in Premiership General Discussion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:57 am

Dont know what other forums your looking at Lakes but from what i can see WERE NOT the only one backing the manager ,

bIT OF A POST FROM ANOTHER FORUM

1 title challenge in 6  years is correct, but are you saying that in his 1st few years in the job he had a squad he inherited to mount a challenge?

Then in the following years of wheeling and dealing and identifying targets (mostly which Rick Parry moved too slow on)he improved on our league position, whilst Alex Ferguson used his solid foundations to intergrate his buys into the squad. Whilst are targets were missed and we end up in bargain basement.

Rafa Benitez has bought some players who have not worked out, Voronin springs to mind, you know, full experienced international, bundesliga veteran  and Babel. But he has also bought in quality at reasonable prices , Agger, Skrtel and your Favourite Yossi, whilst missing out on Dani Alves, malouda, Barry to name a few.

Then the Yanks roll into town, oh dear God, Jurgen Klinsmann spring to mind, wasn't he sacked as Bayern Munich's manager. This is what we're dealing with, :censored: into a gale force wind with instabilty and uncertainty whether OUR GREAT CLUB WILL EVEN EXIST.

We have a manger who has took on Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger with limited resources and has unfortunately come up short up to now. he is also a manager who has won trophies and taken us up against the CREAM OF EUROPEAN FOOTBALL AND BEAT THEM HANDS DOWN.

All whilst giving us our bo,llocks back and taking sh.ite from a media with a vicious agenda against our club, so if it's ok by you, I for 1 will give the fella a bit of support and encouragment when he needs it, cos when I walk alomg the Benidorm prom with a Liverbird upon my chest and I see the looks some Cockney, Yorkshire or Taiwanese manc gives me an d i wink at them, i'm only able to do that because of one fat little Spaniard.

Now i'm sure you will disect my post and counter it with well thought out and concise points, but me being a Scouser, well I have something in me of a "backs against the wall", "circle the wagons" and "fight for your corner" about my character (THAT :censored: THATCHER IN THE 80'S HELPED FORM THAT BTW), and we all love a good underdog story, so I will stick to that ta.

AN THATS HOW I FEEL
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Mick i take your points on board but to balance it out can i just add that he`s not in charge of, injuries, illness, players form, referees, the transfer budget, well the last one maybe as he has to sell to buy. all these things have played a major part this season aswell to be fair.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:55 pm

s@int wrote:I don't think we have the finance to sack him, and I can't see him walking without a big payoff. So unless Madrid decide to come in for him (looking less likely by the game) I think he will stay until the summer.

I'd go along with that. Not a chance he'll be sacked, no matter what happens in mid-week. The big chunk of money comes for reaching the group stages of the Champions League so i don't think the loss of potential TV/Gate money for the knock-out phase (potentially just 2 games) would act as some sort of switch for the owners to pull the plug on Rafa. The only situation that would bring about his dismissal as far as i can see would be:

A/ We don't look like we're gonna qualify for next years Champ League as we hit the run-in. I think we'd see the owners panic in this situation.

or

B/ Rafa blows his top and is critical of the owners in public.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dirty Barry » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:58 pm

I'd be surprised if they sacked him and even more if he resigned.
Dirty Barry

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:09 pm

It seems to me the fans are weaker than the manager.

First sign of disappointment and look how they bleat.

We should create a separate forum for mentally weak people so they can go there and cry together and have group hugs.

Fcuking wooftas, its pathetic. :angry:
Last edited by Reg on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:10 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:Mick i take your points on board but to balance it out can i just add that he`s not in charge of, injuries, illness, players form, referees, the transfer budget, well the last one maybe as he has to sell to buy. all these things have played a major part this season aswell to be fair.

But everyone is in the same boat mate, Fulham were missing Danny Murphy, Andrew Johnson, Jimmy Bullard and Davies yesterday. That's four of their best players and includes their club record signing.

I don't know what was going on with our squad yesterday but I can't find anything in the press to explain why Liverpool FC (in a must win game against a good side) fielded a team that included Voronin, Krygiakos, Degen and Lucas. These are players that would look far more at home in one of Souness's teams with the likes of Paul Stewart, Julian Dicks and Mark Walters.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:12 pm

Reg wrote:It seems to me the fans are weaker than the manager.

We should create a separate forum who mentally weak people so they can go there and cry together and have group hugs.

You are my hero
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:14 pm

Reg wrote:It seems to me the fans are weaker than the manager.

We should create a separate forum who mentally weak people so they can go there and cry together and have group hugs.

Rich, you have to admit that as far Liverpool teams go, that was a very poor team on paper yesterday. I didn't see the line-up before I headed out but had I done, I would have seen the defeat coming or at least it would not have surprised me. Some of those players shouldn't be at the club mate and regardless of any one's opinion on how much money Rafa has had to spend, several of those players are simply not (and have never looked) up to it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Ok Scott you could be right mate but sacking Rafa on november 1st does not solve the problem.

We need a business plan and game plan to see ourselves out of this mess.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:41 pm

We will win at Lyon and we will scrape through to the next stage
Then we will get knocked out
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:08 pm

Reg wrote:Ok Scott you could be right mate but sacking Rafa on november 1st does not solve the problem.

Without a doubt, I'm not for one minute saying sack the manager, he still has my backing and getting rid of your manager mid-season is a desperate measure that comes from desperate chairman. And to be fair, I don't think that many on here want rid either, they're just frustrated.

I still can't get over that team we fielded yesterday though  :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Reg wrote:Ok Scott you could be right mate but sacking Rafa on november 1st does not solve the problem.

Without a doubt, I'm not for one minute saying sack the manager, he still has my backing and getting rid of your manager mid-season is a desperate measure that comes from desperate chairman. And to be fair, I don't think that many on here want rid either, they're just frustrated.

In you're opinion then and from now until the end of the season what would Rafa have to do to keep him in the job?
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:26 pm

made in UK wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

In you're opinion then and from now until the end of the season what would Rafa have to do to keep him in the job?

Stay alive
:)
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion