If we ain't gonna beat man u.. - We ain't gonna 4th spot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:21 am

I'am sure that if we don't get all the 3 points at Manchester, we're not gonna get the 4th spot. I will be in horrific tears if we dont win. So that means Newcastle will get it
This is a must win game for us. If i'am not mistaken, Newcastle have the same points as us and they have a game in hand :(

This is gonna be one hell of a Saturday.

P.S - If Newcastle win the UEFA Cup, does that mean 4th spot is not champions league?  ???
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:37 am

No, 4th spot will remain a  Champions League spot mate. If Newcastle win the UEFA  they will defend thier trophy WHATEVER position they finish in the league. However IF they finish 4th they will of course enter the CL ..... My point being if they for example finished OUT of the UEFA/CL  places in the Prem they would gain automatic entry. And Saturday is crucial i agree but we can win at man U. I dont think we will, a draw being my prediction. I know its beena  difficult season but I still maintain unlike some fans ion here that finishing 4th is better than say 5th  and losing GH. We can get id of GH anytime but can only qualify for the CL once !!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redspirit » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:48 am

Dalglish wrote:No, 4th spot will remain a  Champions League spot mate. If Newcastle win the UEFA  they will defend thier trophy WHATEVER position they finish in the league. However IF they finish 4th they will of course enter the CL ..... My point being if they for example finished OUT of the UEFA/CL  places in the Prem they would gain automatic entry. And Saturday is crucial i agree but we can win at man U. I dont think we will, a draw being my prediction. I know its beena  difficult season but I still maintain unlike some fans ion here that finishing 4th is better than say 5th  and losing GH. We can get id of GH anytime but can only qualify for the CL once !!!

qualify for CL once?  we have next year, and the next, and the next, and the next, and the next...
redspirit

Postby Dalglish » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:51 am

ONCE This season :p  My point was a reaction to those that are hoping we finish 5th cos they believe it wil accelerate GH's departue !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:51 am

Dalglish wrote:. If Newcastle win the UEFA  they will defend thier trophy WHATEVER position they finish in the league.

Are you sure ? Unless they are obliged to defend the trophy (assuming they've won it) I can't see any team choosing uefa cup competition ahead of champions league  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:12 am

Anyways, it dpoesnt matter because we ARE gonna win, did u not see Houlliers quote and how confident he is:   We usually perform well at United and a point could be important at the end of the season!!!

see that! now thats a confidence boosting quote from you :O
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion