If rafa were to leave this summer - Trying to spark some debate here...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:34 pm

The bench - easy tiger - who ate all your pies?

Hypothetically your idea of bringing back kenny is shi.te, he's been out of the game for far too long,

But you've told me to have a little think then participate, so okay dad here i go.

Hypothetically we could Use Modern Science to bring back both Paisley & Shankly co-habiting the managers role much like Houllier & Evans did.

and of course we would win the quadruple.

:laugh:
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Bench » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:35 pm

sabre. The original post never mentioned sacking rafa. Its a "what if?" type of question.
The Bench

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:39 pm

The Bench wrote:sabre. The original post never mentioned sacking rafa. Its a "what if?" type of question.

ahhh right so THATS what hypothetical means....................................... and i thought is was something completly different thanks for clearing that up buddy.

:bowdown

Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Bench » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:41 pm

Rushie, wasn't haven't ago mate. and the kenny idea wasn't mine, it just intrigued me. Just thought the original idea of the topic starter was an interesting one and should be given a little bit of a chance, allbeit a discussion of pure fantasy. Sorry if you were offended.

As for your modern science idea, think its already happenned mate, well sort of! when bob was bills assistant.

ynwa
The Bench

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:46 pm

Paisley was Shanklys assistant before he took over as manager, at no time were they both in charge of the team at the same time like Evans & Houliller.

IMO the power that these two men could muster becoming one would destroy the footballing world. - Hypothetically of course

and no offence taken

:p :p :D

Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:50 pm

The Bench wrote:sabre. The original post never mentioned sacking rafa. Its a "what if?" type of question.

Well, it's true that, in my hypothesis I didn't consider Rafa leaving, because if he hasn't gone to Real Madrid, he'd never go at his will, so the only hypothesis for me was sacking Rafa.

In my hypothesis, if this kind of question is asked, it's because the poster wants to know who and why would make a better job.

But then, my hypothesis is just an hypothesis. I think it's an interesting question, because people will talk about what they think this club needs.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1182120412 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:59 pm

Honestly, if he were to leave so be it. We need an impact manager, someone available like Sven, with some signings will be able to turn the team around.

What say you guys?
Last edited by 109-1182120412 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
109-1182120412

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:08 am

I think I would go for a Dalglish - Hansen combo. I always thought that Kenny didn't get as much credit as he deserved when he was manager. His signings of Aldridge, Houghton, Beardsley and Barnes was a masterstroke. We played some of the best football I have ever seen while he was manager and we managed to win a match or two while we were playing it.

He had to replace some of the best players who ever played for us (Himself and Rush for example) and managed to do it without the money or lure of CL football.

I always regretted Hansen turning down the managers job, as I think he would have made a great manager, so maybe we could have the best of both worlds with him and Kenny.

Its only a dream but what the hell its my dream :D

Kenny's record as player/manager and manager

league
85/86 1 86/87 2 87/88 1 88/89 2 89/90 1

FA CUP

85/6 W 88/9 W
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Well Red » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:18 am

Just a short word to say thanks to s@int, The Bench and Sabre for keeping the thread going and helping start what could be a really interesting debate on what other managers you all value highly enough to succeed Rafa in the aforementioned hypothetical situation. Bringing back Dalglish was certainly something I hadn't thought of - good call too, I'm sure he'd do well for the second time.

Keep the interesting replies coming please, there's been far too many one-liners and cheap "talk about silly season. Close the thread"-type posts of late on the board. Give us a chance! :;):
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:39 am

Well Red wrote:Evans, Houllier and Rafa are much more quiet managers so Capello's fiery nature would make a nice change.

Say no more--Neil Warnock's our man, then.  And, way hay, he's available!  :D

Seriously, Manhattan's got the right idea...Scolari would be an interesting shout.  Gus Hiddink's another...at least he would know how to get something out of Kewell!  :;):
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:43 am

IMO Dalglish is a non-starter, he wouldn't want to be a manager again.

Hansen? I'd rather have Han Solo!

IMO he hasn't the man management ability that we need, he hasn't the presence to be a manager.

There are many what if scenarios you could pose on this forum, it's just a shame there have to be so many and so many negative ones.

What if Gerrard decided to go to Chelsea again?

What if the Americans left suddenly?

etc.....
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:44 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Well Red wrote:Evans, Houllier and Rafa are much more quiet managers so Capello's fiery nature would make a nice change.

Say no more--Neil Warnock's our man, then.  And, way hay, he's available!  :D

Seriously, Manhattan's got the right idea...Scolari would be an interesting shout.  Gus Hiddink's another...at least he would know how to get something out of Kewell!  :;):

He made a football team out of South Koreans too  :D

Not a bad coach. Trained in Spain more than a decade ago. He tried to play fresh attacking football (sorry it's quite a long ago), but, I'm not sure he's a good "big dressroom" manager.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:46 am

okay okay i give in............ :)

If this were to happen i'd very much like us to go for Paul Jewell.

..................well he'd be better than Sven :D and he's a scouser, and he's get a temper :angry:

I think he'd do well.

Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:56 am

LFC2007 wrote:IMO Dalglish is a non-starter, he wouldn't want to be a manager again.

Hansen? I'd rather have Han Solo!

IMO he hasn't the man management ability that we need, he hasn't the presence to be a manager.

There are many what if scenarios you could pose on this forum, it's just a shame there have to be so many and so many negative ones.

What if Gerrard decided to go to Chelsea again?

What if the Americans left suddenly?

etc.....

Mind reading again ? Dalglish wouldnt want to be a manager again ? He inquired about both the Ireland job and the Sheff U job. I am pretty sure he would be even more interested in the Liverpool job.

Why be so fkn negative, its a hyperthetical question if you dont like a particular thread just move on to another.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:01 am

s@int wrote:etc.....

Mind reading again ? Dalglish wouldnt want to be a manager again ? He inquired about both the Ireland job and the Sheff U job. I am pretty sure he would be even more interested in the Liverpool job.

Why be so fkn negative, its a hyperthetical question if you dont like a particular thread just move on to another.[/quote]
He's had a lot of experience, if you ask me he wouldn't want the task of such a big job right now. The ireland job is hardly a full time job or anything like as stressful as what being the manager of Liverpool is.

Why be negative?

I should ask you the same question for embracing this thread.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion