If money is no object in the summer...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mike72 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:50 pm

If money is no object in the summer, I would be looking to sign a world class striker, a right winger, and then a backup for Finnan....I would go for David Villa who would cost about £16m, Wright-Phillips who would cost about £13m, and I would try and nick Micah Richards from Man City for about £5m, one for the future.
mike72

Postby Rafa D » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:59 pm

mike72 wrote:If money is no object in the summer, I would be looking to sign a world class striker, a right winger, and then a backup for Finnan....I would go for David Villa who would cost about £16m, Wright-Phillips who would cost about £13m, and I would try and nick Micah Richards from Man City for about £5m, one for the future.

David Villa who would cost about £16m

I stopped reading at that point.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pietro » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:03 am

Mates, why historically Liverpool don't hire Brasilian Players?
Pietro

Postby Barca Murph » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:10 am

mike72 wrote:I would go for David Villa who would cost about £16m

You do realise Villa recently signed a new contract, and has a 100million buy out clause?
Barca Murph

Postby mike72 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:02 am

Come on, Valencia are a selling club, they would probably snap your hand off if you offered £15-20m for ANY of their players....
mike72

Postby Dalglish » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:51 am

Look no further than Torres if money is no object. £20 Million should just about do it and for that you get the comp[lete package. A nightmare to defend agianst, strong , athletic and an eye for goal. He would settle into the prem no problem.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 am

David Villa. The guy is phenominal.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:25 am

Dalglish wrote:Look no further than Torres if money is no object. £20 Million should just about do it and for that you get the comp[lete package. A nightmare to defend agianst, strong , athletic and an eye for goal. He would settle into the prem no problem.

IMO Torres is one of the most over rated strikers in europe. From what I've seen on Sky he is wildly inconsistent, spends as much time on his backside as your average cheat$ki player and has never broken the 20 goals a season barrier that a striker must break to be considered top class IMO. Agreed he is strong and athletic and does show glimpses of being a top class striker and still being young (22) has got time to improve; but £20 million, take about £6M off of that and then we'll talk.

MIKE72 I don't know where you've gotten the impression that Valencia are a selling club. In the last transfer window they spent some big money bringing in Joaquin, Morientes, Del Horno & Hugo Viana. As BARCA MURPH said Valencia and Villa have not long since agreed a new contract with a buy out clause in the region of £100 million; I'd say that shows Valencia are committed to keeping him at the club and it would take a massive offer to prize him away.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:41 am

mike72 wrote:If money is no object in the summer, I would be looking to sign a world class striker, a right winger, and then a backup for Finnan....I would go for David Villa who would cost about £16m, Wright-Phillips who would cost about £13m, and I would try and nick Micah Richards from Man City for about £5m, one for the future.

I like Micah Richards, this boy can play anywhere .... we should buy him ( for the future ). As for David Villa and SWP , they are World Class players but too expensive and if we manage to sign them, they cant play in CL for the rest of this season , so I think is a waste of money.

I perfer Defoe ( Rafa should sell PC to the toons) and King in Defend. I also would add Joey Barton.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:40 am

if it was me id go for an experienced centre half. (if it has to be Lucas neill- so be it. he will provide decent cover)  Up front, id put a speculative bid in for Darren Bent. But on the right, id fork out for the combo of Alves and Navas. Again, should money be no object - i reckon all 4 could be secured for around the £30mill. mark. Possibly, a new LB to add to Aurelio/Riise/Warnock - the latter of whom i would cash in on. They're the ones id go for - atm.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:11 am

Educate Manhattan please.

What positions do we need to strengthen?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:33 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Educate Manhattan please.

What positions do we need to strengthen?

Far be it from us to preclude Rafa (Maudes :D ) and his shopping list...but id guess at Both the fullback positions, A centre half.  Right Midfield (possibly Central too) and maybe another striker... in other words, about 5 new recruits (quality ones at that) to my mind, is the deficit we hold towards a genuine title winning side. Of course whether all, if any are to come in the less than suitable (stop-gap) January sales....will remain to be seen.  Id be more inclined to suggest about two of the above may be more prudent, until both the details of the takeover are clear and the Summer transfer window opens instead, when any major restructuring/tweaking would be better (planned) realised. We'll see.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:09 pm

I would prefer 2 top class players rather than 4 or 5 squad players.  Presuming Lucas Neill will already be here as cover for the defence, I think we need a creative attacking midfielder/second striker (L. R.or C.) Kaka would be ideal. As the chances of us getting Kaka are slim to say the least, someone similar but still a top quality player.
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:14 pm

:no

1. Villa - definite yes... but £16m?  :D   try £36-46m!!

2. SWP - maybe, but even if money was no object, i doubt moureen would sell him to us. I would be interested in either him, Alves, Navas, lennon, or some other young and gifted RW

3. Micah - I do like this kid, young, versitle and a very good defender for his age. Yes but again £5m ? - more like £10m.

Other buys would very much depend on our players next summer.... Is our left flank settled, how are our young-guns coming through, the emergance of guthrie starting to break through may mean we are not despirate for a cm come the summer - especially if the CM in question would have to play 4th fiddle to SG, Xabi, and momo. There are other question marks too - but it is far too early in the season to think about them now
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:10 pm

I think we are missing a real goal scorer. We have a speedy player, a knockdown the ball player and a hard working player but we do not have a great finisher (aside from Robbie as he is not a long term solution). Our strikers will all score goals but I do not feel any of them being world class finishers.

I like Torres.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion