If money is no object in the summer...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:34 am

Dont care who disagrees these players would be great for us, now and for the future

Micah Richards (Cover then replacement for Finnan)
Gareth Bale (Why not, freekick guy and can defend)
Dani Alves (Cos he is tricky)
Arron Lennon
Kaka (Why not)
Owen Hargreaves (It will :censored: off Manure and he is better than Zenden)
Andy Van Der Meyde (my :censored:)
Rafel Van Der Vaart (Kewell aint gonna cut if with all this time out)
David Villa (Replace Fowler, he can finish)
Hunnterlaar (<--spelt wrong, Power Player)
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CarlosRocks » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:53 am

owen hargeaves would defo be a good purchase and it would pi.ss scum off...
CarlosRocks

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:56 am

mattylfc wrote:Players i would like to see at Liverpool:

Alves
Lennon
Lahm
Villa

I think they are all very unlikely apart from Alves but they are all players i would like to see in a Liverpool shirt.

Im not sure if Fowler will still be here next season. For this reason i think it may be a good idea to buy a young forward.  I like what we have in Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch.  I think the only thing missing is some young legs, someone who can learn. The likes of Huntelaar may be a good asset, looks like a good prospect and would add to our options up front.

I do like the look of Micah richards but i dont feel i have seen enough of the lad to put him on the shopping list, same with Bale.

Nice set of players. I think the only realistic ones we could get are Alves and Lennon. And if you thought Sevilla were trying to price hike before im sure come the summer once DIC have taken over the price will shoot up a bit more.

In regards to Lennon I think we would have to pay probabaly near to 9/10Mil to get him. But im sure if they sold Carrick they could sell Lennon if they got silly money for him.

No chance for Villa. Didnt he pen a new contract recently?

Not sure what price Lham would even be to be honest.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:41 pm

villa = no chance although id love him at anfield
if i had to pick two players to buy in jan id buy taylor from newcastle, exceptional defender and aaron lennon both would be realistic targets who are young but proven quality
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby Dimshen » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:52 pm

At the risk of stating the obvious i think we need to buy real, proven world class players to contend for the title, while i was excited at our signings this summer, i think its clear now that they just arent good enough to win the prem, so...

1.kaka (i agree with Reinas No.1 Fan, why not?)
2.Alves as cover/replacement for finnan
3.wright phillips OR Lennon (Lennon the best young winger in the country, and wright phillips could be again...)
4.David Villa

I think this is the type of player we need to really be condendors instead of paying too much for what always end up being good to decent premiership players but when it comes ot the crunch, just arent world class.
Dimshen

Postby CarlosRocks » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:26 pm

right here goes...

in:

Hargreaves (would fit in perfectly)
Richards (solid, young)
Lennon (young, exceptional quality, good prospects)
Huntelaar (since theres no chance of Villa)
Simao (experienced, talented)

out:

Hyypia (sorry)
Fowler (sorry)
Pongolle
Cisse
Zenden
Kewell
CarlosRocks

Postby Rafa D » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Firstly I am looking forward to the summer already. Rafa has had to work within a very stringient budget since he came here but I am hoping this deal with DIC Investment group will bring much needed spending power and unshackle the restrictions that has made Rafa look round in the bargain basement instead of the shop window. I like the signings he has done. Gonzalez, Sissoko, Agger, Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Crouch, Kuyt and Bellamy were all shrewd signings and I believe they will feature heavliy in the clubs drive for success. He is a manager who is very, very strict about his transfer policy and he will not buy players who's prices are vastly inflated. He does not waste money or throw it around easliy unlike his predecessor and I for one, am glad we have such a shrewd player at the table.

Due to this investment, people will think we will start spending £££'s on players just because we can. We won't. Rafa Benitez will not be bullied into paying over-inflated prices and he certainly will not pay money for players he does not think justify the the transfer fees. Also the DIC group will not insist on "super" transfers ala Abromovich. They will back Rafa, of course they will, their ventures into the horse racing and the entertainment market ( Madam Tussauds) show how they work. They spend the money as they like to be the best, but the money will be wisely spent.

I expect we will see a lot more youngsters coming to the club from abroad. Rafa was recently in the papers talking about Arsenal and how he had tracked many of the youngsters have signed in recent years but he did not have the funds to bid for them, the examples were Walcott, Diaby ( a player clearly with the world at his feet) and Denilson. The youth systems is obviously a big part in Rafa's management style, experience from his days as the youth manager of Real Madrid, and I fully expect a lot more money to be pumped into our Academy and the aquiring of the next generation of potential stars, something I am desperate to see at Liverpool.

I also see a better quality of player coming to Anfield as well over the coming years. The SWP fiasco is a prime example of what will not happen now Liverpool have the financial backing of someone who can mix it with the big boys. We missed out on SWP because the coffers were empty and Chelski took the pi$$. The next time this comes round, Liverpool will be at the forefront in the bidding for such an exciting young talent that he was. I expect Rafa to go for the higher tier of quality players that we are currently aquirng, instead of Pennant's will we get Simao's etc.

I cannot however see us under any circumstances bidding for players like Kaka. He is a very good player, one of the best passers in the world. However if he wanted to come, and thats a very big if by the way as AC Milan although they are not setting the world alight and are struggling in their league, they are one of the best 5 teams in the world. He is happy there and there a World Class club who would not let him go for cheap. Also the amount being spent on this one player is just not Rafa's style. I would welcome a bid with open arms for such a class act but I just cannot see Rafa going for it. Kaka is indespenable to AC Milan and I cannot see them even considering selling there best player.

Villa is a viable option in my opinion as is Torres. Yes they would both cost money, in the £20m plus range but both play for teams that are not World Class. Valencia are a big club, there fan base and previous titles suggest so, but Valencia are not up their in world football, with your Liverpools, Man Utds, Barcelona and Real Madrids. Villa would be expensive but not in the same bracket as your Kaka's and Eto'os.

I don't know who Rafa will have ear marked as possible signings in the summer. I cannot even tell you what plans he has for Watford at the weekend. He is a very clever fellow and I trust him totally with the management of our football club. However he will already know who he wants, when he wants and I am certain he knows what he is doing.

My thoughts anyways...

Rafa-Dodd
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CarlosRocks » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:34 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Firstly I am looking forward to the summer already. Rafa has had to work within a very stringient budget since he came here but I am hoping this deal with DIC Investment group will bring much needed spending power and unshackle the restrictions that has made Rafa look round in the bargain basement instead of the shop window. I like the signings he has done. Gonzalez, Sissoko, Agger, Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Crouch, Kuyt and Bellamy were all shrewd signings and I believe they will feature heavliy in the clubs drive for success. He is a manager who is very, very strict about his transfer policy and he will not buy players who's prices are vastly inflated. He does not waste money or throw it around easliy unlike his predecessor and I for one, am glad we have such a shrewd player at the table.

Due to this investment, people will think we will start spending £££'s on players just because we can. We won't. Rafa Benitez will not be bullied into paying over-inflated prices and he certainly will not pay money for players he does not think justify the the transfer fees. Also the DIC group will not insist on "super" transfers ala Abromovich. They will back Rafa, of course they will, their ventures into the horse racing and the entertainment market ( Madam Tussauds) show how they work. They spend the money as they like to be the best, but the money will be wisely spent.

I expect we will see a lot more youngsters coming to the club from abroad. Rafa was recently in the papers talking about Arsenal and how he had tracked many of the youngsters have signed in recent years but he did not have the funds to bid for them, the examples were Walcott, Diaby ( a player clearly with the world at his feet) and Denilson. The youth systems is obviously a big part in Rafa's management style, experience from his days as the youth manager of Real Madrid, and I fully expect a lot more money to be pumped into our Academy and the aquiring of the next generation of potential stars, something I am desperate to see at Liverpool.

I also see a better quality of player coming to Anfield as well over the coming years. The SWP fiasco is a prime example of what will not happen now Liverpool have the financial backing of someone who can mix it with the big boys. We missed out on SWP because the coffers were empty and Chelski took the pi$$. The next time this comes round, Liverpool will be at the forefront in the bidding for such an exciting young talent that he was. I expect Rafa to go for the higher tier of quality players that we are currently aquirng, instead of Pennant's will we get Simao's etc.

I cannot however see us under any circumstances bidding for players like Kaka. He is a very good player, one of the best passers in the world. However if he wanted to come, and thats a very big if by the way as AC Milan although they are not setting the world alight and are struggling in their league, they are one of the best 5 teams in the world. He is happy there and there a World Class club who would not let him go for cheap. Also the amount being spent on this one player is just not Rafa's style. I would welcome a bid with open arms for such a class act but I just cannot see Rafa going for it. Kaka is indespenable to AC Milan and I cannot see them even considering selling there best player.

Villa is a viable option in my opinion as is Torres. Yes they would both cost money, in the £20m plus range but both play for teams that are not World Class. Valencia are a big club, there fan base and previous titles suggest so, but Valencia are not up their in world football, with your Liverpools, Man Utds, Barcelona and Real Madrids. Villa would be expensive but not in the same bracket as your Kaka's and Eto'os.

I don't know who Rafa will have ear marked as possible signings in the summer. I cannot even tell you what plans he has for Watford at the weekend. He is a very clever fellow and I trust him totally with the management of our football club. However he will already know who he wants, when he wants and I am certain he knows what he is doing.

My thoughts anyways...

Rafa-Dodd

very well put... :bowdown
CarlosRocks

Postby EddieC » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:40 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Firstly I am looking forward to the summer already. Rafa has had to work within a very stringient budget since he came here but I am hoping this deal with DIC Investment group will bring much needed spending power and unshackle the restrictions that has made Rafa look round in the bargain basement instead of the shop window. I like the signings he has done. Gonzalez, Sissoko, Agger, Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Crouch, Kuyt and Bellamy were all shrewd signings and I believe they will feature heavliy in the clubs drive for success. He is a manager who is very, very strict about his transfer policy and he will not buy players who's prices are vastly inflated. He does not waste money or throw it around easliy unlike his predecessor and I for one, am glad we have such a shrewd player at the table.

My thoughts anyways...

Rafa-Dodd

:bowdown

Great post.

I agree with the point that Rafa won't spend silly money on players, and thus we won't be seeing the likes of Kaka, Ronaldinho etc at Anfield (Sorry Welsh Wizzard  :D )

TBH the only position I think Rafa has to spend big money (by big I mean £15m+) is on a top class goalscorer. We've got the hold-up man (Crouch), the battler (Kuyt) and the pace guy (Bellamy) we just need to get someone who's gonna put the ball in the net 9 times out of 10, a la Fowler in his prime. This type of player is always gonna cost a lot of money for one simple reason. There's no confusion over how good they are, the facts speak for themselves. People can sit there & argue all day who the best keeper, defender is etc. Indeed people can argue who the best all-round striker is, but not the best goalscorer, it will always be the guy with the best shots to goals ratio.

IMO we should splash out big, £20-25m if needed on someone who will be, for want of a better expression, our Van Nistelrooy. Much as I hate the guy, he always produced a goal when Manure needed one, which is something we lack. Apart from that I don't expect to see any big money spent.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jizz » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:28 pm

baines ( wigan ) looks like he is going to be a super player on the way all ready.

richards- nough said

kaka - we can dream

swp or lennon on the right

etto - while were at it
jizz

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:38 pm

jizz wrote:baines ( wigan ) looks like he is going to be a super player on the way all ready.

that's not a bad shout at all.

i've said for a while that we need a top class left back. whilst i'm a riise fan, he's no defender. his positioning is woeful.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:46 pm

My thoughts anyways...

Rafa-Dodd

Excellent post mate (I'll vote for you next year  :) )
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby jizz » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:49 pm

stmichael wrote:
jizz wrote:baines ( wigan ) looks like he is going to be a super player on the way all ready.

that's not a bad shout at all.

i've said for a while that we need a top class left back. whilst i'm a riise fan, he's no defender. his positioning is woeful.

every time i have watched him this season and to an extent last season he has impressed very consistant for a young player reminds me of a certain dennis irwin
jizz

Postby sissoko_22 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:55 pm

first of all ,eto'o no chance he will swap the life in barca. kaka might not be that unrealistic as milan are struggling nowadays and if he can see we are moving in right direction then why not. speakin as an irish perspective, you english have a habit of hyping up players who are unproven to be consistent performers. (if richards was not english would you still want him) . no offence intended to anyone. ribery would be good buy.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. you must believe that you are the best and then make sure you are.in my time at liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in mersyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves"  - Bill Shankly
sissoko_22

Postby jizz » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:00 pm

sissoko_22 wrote:first of all ,eto'o no chance he will swap the life in barca. kaka might not be that unrealistic as milan are struggling nowadays and if he can see we are moving in right direction then why not. speakin as an irish perspective, you english have a habit of hyping up players who are unproven to be consistent performers. (if richards was not english would you still want him) . no offence intended to anyone. ribery would be good buy.

mate i'm irish, and i think richards looks the real deal he's only 18 or so and the promise he has shown so far is deffo worth a gamble
jizz

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion