If money is no object in the summer...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby HOMER » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:43 pm

striker - huntelaar - young and scores lots of goals
rw - alves - proven quality
rb - richards - young and nobody can get past him!
lb - gareth bale - young and quality freekicks

that should do it until the summer when we buy henry and ronaldinho!
HOMER

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:13 pm

Dalglish wrote:Look no further than Torres if money is no object. £20 Million should just about do it and for that you get the comp[lete package. A nightmare to defend agianst, strong , athletic and an eye for goal. He would settle into the prem no problem.

That is not a certainty.

Cant remember who said it but when describing him he was labelled as a scorer of great goals not a great goal scorer. Hes not a 20 goal a season man.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:38 pm

I like these threads, its like playing championship manager :D

Anyway we need another right back, because we have no cover for Finnan and he aint getting any younger. We need a right winger badly as Pennant needs to improve a lot to be good enough for a title winning side. A left back would be nice as well because Riise will never be a world class defender, however would still provide good cover and we should hang on to him. Another striker would also be nice as we still arent banging in enough goals imo.

Players in:
Alves
Schweinstiger
Lahm
Villa/Owen
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby weringo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Look no further than Torres if money is no object. £20 Million should just about do it and for that you get the comp[lete package. A nightmare to defend agianst, strong , athletic and an eye for goal. He would settle into the prem no problem.

That is not a certainty.

Cant remember who said it but when describing him he was labelled as a scorer of great goals not a great goal scorer. Hes not a 20 goal a season man.

I think it was Hansen or another pundit at the world cup, not sure though.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby scouser 'til I die » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:29 pm

If i could have any player in the whole world i would convince Big Igor to return to Anfield :D I'm saying around 30 mil ??? :D

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby pablinho » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:20 pm

torres new buy out is 25 m €, but im sure Atletico would sell him for 15-20 m, anyway he is rly overrrated, Torres is supported by Atletico Madrid supporters ( 1 million ppl only in Madrid) but the rest of Spain, we know Torres is RLY OVERRATED, we dont wont him in Spain national team.

Villa, he is  with drogba  and etoo one of top 3 strikers in the world IMO :)

Valencia wont sell him unless you pay more than 30 m €, and still i doubt they sell him, cos Morientes its 31 year old and has no replacement atm, plus Tavano is going back to Roma after fail in his adventure in Valencia.

I would like to see Villa in Liverpool tho :)
CD Castellon - Spain
pablinho

Postby CarlosRocks » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:52 pm

richards would be a great signing but i think it'll take quite a bit for city to let him go.
CarlosRocks

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:11 am

richards would be a great signing but i think it'll take quite a bit for city to let him go.

Relegation might do it.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sissoko_22 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:19 am

there is no doubt that torres is a talented player, but a top class finisher he is not. if you are looking for a 20-30 goal a seaon striker, then possibly klass jan huntelaar. i also think that wesley schneider and quaresma would be great buys
"A lot of football success is in the mind. you must believe that you are the best and then make sure you are.in my time at liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in mersyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves"  - Bill Shankly
sissoko_22

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:25 am

I was just looking at Sky sports and they said Bayern Munich have admitted that they would consider selling Owen Hargreaves. Maybe we should do a Chelski and get the price up a bit :laugh: . I rate him highly as a player and would like to see him here, strong and aggresive just the sort of player we need.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby mattylfc » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:57 am

Players i would like to see at Liverpool:

Alves
Lennon
Lahm
Villa

I think they are all very unlikely apart from Alves but they are all players i would like to see in a Liverpool shirt.

Im not sure if Fowler will still be here next season. For this reason i think it may be a good idea to buy a young forward.  I like what we have in Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch.  I think the only thing missing is some young legs, someone who can learn. The likes of Huntelaar may be a good asset, looks like a good prospect and would add to our options up front.

I do like the look of Micah richards but i dont feel i have seen enough of the lad to put him on the shopping list, same with Bale.
mattylfc

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:22 pm

mattylfc wrote:Players i would like to see at Liverpool:

Alves
Lennon
Lahm
Villa

I think they are all very unlikely apart from Alves but they are all players i would like to see in a Liverpool shirt.

Im not sure if Fowler will still be here next season. For this reason i think it may be a good idea to buy a young forward.  I like what we have in Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch.  I think the only thing missing is some young legs, someone who can learn. The likes of Huntelaar may be a good asset, looks like a good prospect and would add to our options up front.

I do like the look of Micah richards but i dont feel i have seen enough of the lad to put him on the shopping list, same with Bale.

its quite scarey how i read your posts and agree with everything. I'd be very happy with that list, but i think i would be brave and put micah on there.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:59 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
mattylfc wrote:Players i would like to see at Liverpool:

Alves
Lennon
Lahm
Villa

its quite scarey how i read your posts and agree with everything. I'd be very happy with that list, but i think i would be brave and put micah on there.

Yeah i do like the look of Richards, you just never know.  He's very young and with everyone looking at him you just cant be sure if he is the real deal or not.  He hasnt been playing in the prem long and it would certainly be a gamble, one i would probably back.

I've gone off the idea of SWP completely now, in his last couple of appearances he has been very poor.  His confidence has clearly taken a big knock.  I would love it if Rafa put in a cheeky bid for Lennon.
mattylfc

Postby CarlosRocks » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:40 pm

mattylfc wrote:Yeah i do like the look of Richards, you just never know.  He's very young and with everyone looking at him you just cant be sure if he is the real deal or not.  He hasnt been playing in the prem long and it would certainly be a gamble, one i would probably back.

thats a good point...
CarlosRocks

Postby thegreedo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:44 pm

For me:

Henry
Lennon
King
Richards

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion