If houllier stays - Another no.2

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:08 am

He left to go back to Lens and be there "director of football" and also because of family reasons. The club offered him the job again once Crevoisier left and he wasn't able to accept for one reason or another.

There is talk of him coming back this summer.

And the other thing chump. I'm a football fan. Not a "attacking pretty puffy football fan".

First class football is winning football. And thats what we played a few seasons ago without having anything like the best players available. We finished above the mancs and if you compared the two sides on paper there was only Owen and Hyypia who'd have got near there side. Down to luck or tactics? Yeah thought so.

I love seeing a crunching tackle as much as a little flick with the outside of the foot.

Pretty football is morons. Effective football is for the best.
115-1073096938

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:21 am

Right on stu. I wouldn't care if we played defensive more unattractive football if we won the title doing it, 1-0 is as good as 4-3 IMO, as long as we get the 3pts im not too concerned how we play. Although I love to see us playing attacking, exciting and enterprising football,  I would rather see us win playing scrappy football than lose playing attacking, whatever it takes so long as we win.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:21 am

Wake up stu we are playing s##t clueless football and cannot even beat mediocre teams.Football is a mans game and I love it when Gerrard goes flying into tackles so you talk s##t but everyone can see that for themselves.How can you defend that muppet houllier is beyond me and I would say at least 95% of Liverpool fans? ????
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redspirit » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:56 am

If burgues is the catalyst, then we don't need Houllier.  Simple as that.
redspirit

Postby azriahmad » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:07 am

If Houllier stays, Liverpool will go deeper into mediocrity and he will continue to waste precious funds towards buying more cr#p, regardless of who is no.2. If the no.2 man is outspoken, Houllier will outmanuver this guy into quitting as Houllier is close to Moores.
Whatever happens, I am sure that I will still support Liverpool. Such a defeatist statement but I love Liverpool to death.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:19 am

please give stu the respect he deserves- the more i read his posts the more sense he makes.

we all loved gh when we won the treble- i think mon would be better but we all need someone to point out the other opinion-- if gh lost his right hand man and can get him back (assumming he's still the manager) then life will be better-- if they have a symnbiotic relationship then thats great and often the whole is greater than the sum-- its obviously gone downhill since he left-- elevating the right hand man is often a recipe for destruction- i've been there
vlady16.1

Postby redspirit » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:38 am

vlady16.1 wrote:please give stu the respect he deserves- the more i read his posts the more sense he makes.

we all loved gh when we won the treble- i think mon would be better but we all need someone to point out the other opinion-- if gh lost his right hand man and can get him back (assumming he's still the manager) then life will be better-- if they have a symnbiotic relationship then thats great and often the whole is greater than the sum-- its obviously gone downhill since he left-- elevating the right hand man is often a recipe for destruction- i've been there

Houllier contradicts himself.  Maybe Burgeus can get Houllier to shut the f*ck up.  "Steven Gerrard didn't miss the penalty, the goalkeeper guessed right".  What kind of a bullsh*t comment is that?  I'd much rather hear Houllier speak french than make excuses in English.  Burgeus may be tactically ept, but he can't fix the fact that we have a coward as a manager embarrassing the club.
redspirit

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:49 am

Houllier makes the decision on players to bring in, team selection, game plan etc. I doubt Burgeus alone can change things. We badly need fresh ideas and new faces to boost morale and keep the likes of StevieG and Owen next year.

One more thing...as much a I love it when we won the treble a couple of seasons back, I hated the way we approaches the game. In some of the games, we played more like Wimbledon (long ball for Heskey to head down and for Owen to chase) while in some other, we played like the Leeds team managed by Wilkinson (bored the opponent to death). Liverpool of old don't change their game to suit an opponent, we let them worry about ours. That is why we were so intimidating then and the "This Is Anfield' sign scare the sh*t out of the away team before the step onto the field.

Houllier might have brought us some success but he hardly set the standard and our games alight. If a CEO promised to deliver certain targets by certain deadline and failed, he will be ousted by the shareholders in no time. Houllier's five years have come and he failed to keep his promise, he have to stop making excuses and leave. I doubt he have the balls and the principle to do the honorable thing. He have to be pushed and Moores and Perry must take equal blame for allowing the club to rot.

Interesting statistic I plug from another web site today..."Last year, West Ham finished 23 points ahead of Sunderland. They were relegated. Liverpool are now 22 points ahead of Wolves. They are fourth" Scarry isn't it. If teams below us does improve during the off season and we persist with GH for another go, god forbid we might be fighting at the foot of the table this time next year. But of course, we are more concern about catching the top three than contemplating fighting off the lesser teams, which is more the reason why Houllier must go/be sacked and make way for new impetus.
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby vlady16.1 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:48 pm

:cool: santa well said and i can't agree more. i really hope all could address the issues without getting personnal as you did. this can only help exchange of ideas which is what we are trying to do.

like you i hope that gh is replaced this spring by a great manager who will make winning the expected and the norm. what we may have to face is the possibility that this may not happen. if so i hope stu is 100% correct and if so we all owe him an apology.

i would rather keep gh than start a revolving door like leeds. that is my real fear. the program appears to be heading towards a meltdown, but i realize leeds/leicester/etal had other side issues. the board must have a plan which of course they can't talk about. the public support of gh is a sign of change to come and remember it was reported in november that gh offered his resignation but agreed to finish the season
vlady16.1

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:45 pm

Wake up stu we are playing s##t clueless football and cannot even beat mediocre teams.Football is a mans game and I love it when Gerrard goes flying into tackles so you talk s##t but everyone can see that for themselves.How can you defend that muppet houllier is beyond me and I would say at least 95% of Liverpool fans?

When did i say we've been playing good football recently?? ???

If Houllier stays, Liverpool will go deeper into mediocrity and he will continue to waste precious funds towards buying more cr#p, regardless of who is no.2. If the no.2 man is outspoken, Houllier will outmanuver this guy into quitting as Houllier is close to Moores.
Whatever happens, I am sure that I will still support Liverpool. Such a defeatist statement but I love Liverpool to death.

Yes because singing players like Hyypia, Hamann, Dudek, Kirkland, Baros, Kewell, Finnan and wanting players like Cisse, Malbranque and Boumsong is going to send us backwards. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:13 pm

Finnan and Kewell have made no fvcking difference, whether some or all of Cisse, Malbranque and Boumsong would make a difference is speculation. What will send us backwards is when those players you've mentioned decide finishing fifth isn't good enough and they ***** off, not to mention owen and Gerrard. When we fall far enough NOONE worth signing will risk coming here, you are rather "Gerard vision" when it comes to the future.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DEJAN » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:28 pm

I think we have a very good set of players but a calm teacher! GH is treating them like a bunch of ten year olds!! he thinks this is school!! Maybe he should start kicking a boot in the dressing room and then the players will start performing!! Anyway I can't take the pain of seing the team suffer b'coz of his patient approach, too patient!! :(
DEJAN

Postby ynwa » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:39 am

if houilier stays next season will i be f##k going to any matches next year
if kenny d takes charge of liverpool i will still not be going to see liverpool play
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:46 am

If Foolier stays we can look forward to a great relegation battle next season.??? ???
OK maybe not that bad but lets give him time  (2/3 more seasons) and we'll get there.I have every faith in Fooliers ability to lead us into the !st division :D :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby zackboxer » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:15 am

woof woof ! wrote:I have every faith in Fooliers ability to lead us into the !st division :D :D

And he'd still say it was down to injuries, bad luck, bad refs, the fans making the players nervous etc etc.!! :D  :laugh:

Let's hope this is really is as bad as it's to going get ?!  ???
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion