I take my life in my hands - Should rafa go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

I take my life in my hands - Should rafa go!

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes : 119

Postby VamosRafa » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:18 am

Rafa Benitez has been irritating me so much over the past 6 weeks i fear i might go insane. His decision making baffles me, it's like he's purposely thwarting the teams progress with his crazy behaviour.  His ridiculous use of rotation resulting in him dropping Gerrard and Torres against Pompey and Birmingham resulting in two draws, failing to provide cover for Agger and Carra or a half decent winger when he spent 40m this summer, persisting with hapless players such as Kuyt and Voronin, his refusal to give Crouch a start so he can prove himself, using Gerrard as a "2nd striker" using Kuyt as a lone striker, or a right winger, using Riise as a left midfielder, taking off Gerrard in the Derby, the list is endless. It seems he's going to any lengths just to p!ss me off, i'm taking it quite personally.

However, in spite of everything he's done, in spite of all his tactical errors and his bizzare decisions, i would never consider getting rid of him. Fully fit, the squad he's assembled IS good enough to mount a title challenge, though maybe a couple top class players short of winning it. This is the first time i've heard people seriously considering getting rid of Rafa, and it's definitely not the answer. The next four fixtures are monumental, Rafa has to get them right,  and i think (and bloody hope) he will, Keep the Faith!
VamosRafa

Postby skatesy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:40 am

VamosRafa wrote:taking off Gerrard in the Derby

That DID result in a goal, essentially ;)

I know what you mean though man, and I do agree somewhat. I do believe that Rafa does know what he is doing and I have all the confidence in him. I feel that we have gone through a little rut - the same that many teams go through and the great thing with this rut is that it has not been a significant cost as we are still in the running, not far behind the top and still undefeated.
Last edited by skatesy on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
skatesy

Postby red--sangria » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:11 pm

Shankly went from 1966 until 1973 with winning a thing   

during that time he got the full backing of the fans, the board and then the team...

He didnt have to put up with all the ******* Rafa has to put up with!

Where would be know if he hadnt have stayed, in Evertons position??
red--sangria

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:21 pm

red--sangria wrote:Shankly went from 1966 until 1973 with winning a thing   

during that time he got the full backing of the fans, the board and then the team...

He didnt have to put up with all the ******* Rafa has to put up with!

Where would be know if he hadnt have stayed, in Evertons position??

Shankley took over a side in the 2nd division going nowhere.
puroresu

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion