I'm sick off all this "because he's english" - Bull***t from foreigners...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:19 am

A.B. wrote:If we were to play the best team in one of the weakest league on the planet we would win.

think about what you say, there is all of Africa, Oceania, Asia and most leagues in South America and even in Europe which are far worse.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:20 am

A.B. wrote:Comparing an English club to a Turkish club is the same as comparing an English club to the best club in USA football league.

I don't know if you watched the game against Boro but in case you did not Rooney hardly had a clear chance of scoring. He was shut down by an above average defence.

fair enough,  am not saying he is the best player in the world yet but he has the potential to get there, and you're right a hat-trick against a turkish club isn't prrof of what a great player he is, but rest assured as much as I hate to say it he has the talent.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:22 am

Turkish league isn't even in the top 5.

1. Barclays Premiership
2. La Liga
3. Seria A
4. Bundesliga
5. La Championat

Simply you can not compare a team from England to a team from Turkey. If it was a stronger side from the Bundesliga or Seria A than we wouldn't be having this conversation.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:23 am

A.B. wrote:Turkish league isn't even in the top 5.

1. Barclays Premiership
2. La Liga
3. Seria A
4. Bundesliga
5. La Championat

Simply you can not compare a team from England to a team from Turkey. If it was a stronger side from the Bundesliga or Seria A than we wouldn't be having this conversation.

never said it was top 5, but top 10 it is.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sinema » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:27 am

A.B. wrote:
You say that Rooney wasn't a prospect until he signed for United.  What the hell are you talking about?  Tell Fergie he broke the bank for someone who wasn't even a prospect.  Your capacity for animosity astounds me.  Just for once- if you don't know what you're talking about, turn the computer off and go to bed.

Learn how to use the 'quote' button.

Read your post and rethink wtf you just said. A player who got booked more than he scored goals does not impress me.  Rooney becomes "King of English Football"  because he signs for Man Utd.

When he scores 25+ goals in the Premiership and becomes European Footballer of the year he will be something. A hat trick against a garbage Turkish team does not impress me.

He has talent, he has potential, but get of your high horse and realize that you can not see what will be in his future.

A.B. 
There you go, I've used the quote button.  That's something I've learned.
What you need to learn is that when you're in a hole, stop digging.
Kenny Dalglish didn't score a hat-trick against a "****** Turkish team", nor was he ever voted European footballer of the year,
so he obviously wouldn't have impressed you.
Anyway, I'm bored now.  Nothing personal you understand.
Goodnight, and "Sweet dreams".
sinema

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:29 am

i hav to go as well, ttyl.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:32 am

sinema wrote:
A.B. wrote:
You say that Rooney wasn't a prospect until he signed for United.  What the hell are you talking about?  Tell Fergie he broke the bank for someone who wasn't even a prospect.  Your capacity for animosity astounds me.  Just for once- if you don't know what you're talking about, turn the computer off and go to bed.

Learn how to use the 'quote' button.

Read your post and rethink wtf you just said. A player who got booked more than he scored goals does not impress me.  Rooney becomes "King of English Football"  because he signs for Man Utd.

When he scores 25+ goals in the Premiership and becomes European Footballer of the year he will be something. A hat trick against a garbage Turkish team does not impress me.

He has talent, he has potential, but get of your high horse and realize that you can not see what will be in his future.

A.B. 
There you go, I've used the quote button.  That's something I've learned.
What you need to learn is that when you're in a hole, stop digging.
Kenny Dalglish didn't score a hat-trick against a "****** Turkish team", nor was he ever voted European footballer of the year,
so he obviously wouldn't have impressed you.
Anyway, I'm bored now.  Nothing personal you understand.
Goodnight, and "Sweet dreams".

Kevin Dalglish was consistent for his club, he scored countless goals. He didn't recieve more bookings than he had scored goals.

"European Footballer of the year" was an example or did you not understand that. Rooney is being called world class, to me he hasn't proven enough to be a world class player yet.

I expect this thread to be 50 pages long by tomorrow, good night.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:55 am

new "debate" partners, AB? :;):
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:27 am

anfieldadorer wrote:new "debate" partners, AB? :;):

Indeed mate, that and the fact that I'm bored at the moment. We need something to talk about don't we? International breaks bloody suck.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:20 am

To be honest I do think that some English players are over priced and thats why so many foreigners play in the EPL, at the end of the day football is a business and if manager can get an English player for £8m or a player as good from abroad for £4m which do you think he will choose? it's sad but true :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:40 am

Having England internationals in your team is more an attractive propostition than having say a flamboyant Brazilian or a tough Italian. So I do believe that English players are overpriced just because they are English, and to say so I dont think is racist/discrimination at all, just a fact of life.

The following players (IMO) have been overpriced purely because they were English;
Glen Johnson (Roman factor may have increase transfer fee)
Rio Ferdinand (both Transfers)
Scott Parker
Wayne Rooney
Kieron Dyer
Jermain Defoe
Francis Jeffers (to Arsenal)
Jonathan Woodgate
And clubs valuations of decent English players like James Beattie, Kevin Nolan, Sean Wright Phillips are way over the mark due to their nationality, agree with Paul C, players of this calibre may be found on the continent at a much lower cost
Adebisi

Postby stmichael » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:18 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Everyone from outside the U.K. please stop talking junk about players being overpriced simply because they are English.

Its annoying and boardering on discrimination/racism aswell as being bloody pathetic.

Players that are overpriced are ones that teams don't want to sell. So they take as much money as they can get, do you think if Rooney had been from Greenland he'd have automatically cost less?

The reason Rooney cost so much...

He was a youth player who "loved the club" and is one of the brightest prospects ever in world football.

I agree Stu that when asked about the current situation, Premiership managers frequently say that the prices for English players are far too high - why not import a foreigner for less than half the price? Leeds United and Liverpool are two of the main clubs that seem oblivious to the price of a player. Liverpool paid out £11 million for Emile Heskey. Leeds  spent a huge sum of £18 million on England defender Rio Ferdinand from West Ham. But are the managers really telling the truth about the inflated transfer prices or are they just politely stating that the English players in the shop window and the level of English talent do not impress them?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:40 pm

everybody knows buying english costs more, but only when trading between clunbs in the same country. Just look at the players st mike has listed for example, your telling me heskey at £11m is fair priced when henry cost £10.5m? in england when smaller teams have a decent player they sell him for extortionate prices thats why teams buy from abroad.

I remember gerrard houllier saying after he had bought aroung 8 new players in 1999 including hyppia and hamman that he had looked at buying rio ferdinand and he was quoted by west ham a fee that would been the combined price of nearly all the players he had just signed
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:06 pm

anybody from economics, aybe azri, can explain why this seems not following supply-demand law if true that english players are overpriced
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:19 pm

how come match magazine said he is better than freddy adu to become the next #1 player in the world
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion