I'm not surprised that cisse doesn't play

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DZed » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:11 pm

I heard earlier today that Cisse said he was gonna prove a point to Benitez and the French manager in France's game tonight. So with this is mind I kept checking the updates on the match via Eurosport.com hoping he would score. He ended up missing tons of chances.

Read http://www.eurosport.com/home....9.shtml

Click "All comments"
DZed

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:50 pm

I can see why rafa hasn't been playing cisse; he's had a bit of a sulk on him since the end of the transfer window 'cos he thought he was going to be sold and he hasn't really been allowed to prove himself to the manager and the club; his best reaction would be to go and score goals to prove that the club doesn't need another striker.
I as many others suspect that it may be a case of he the player was bought by the previous management and the current management just doesn't think he'll fit into their plans.
Whatever the reason is i would hope that he is given a chance to prove himself between now and january and that the player will take that chance and start putting the ball in the onion bag.

RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby josip84 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:59 pm

As a frenchman from Marseilles I've always been a fan of Cisse's. I must admit that tonight (he was playing for France vs Cyprus final score 4-0, France will be in Germany 2006) he didn't play well at all and missed at least 4 obvious occasions to score.
At the end of the game you could see by his face that he knew he had been awful. In my opinion the chances for him to leave the Reds in January have never been higher.
josip84

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:04 am

My gut feeling is that if a decent cash offer comes in for (around £10million) then the club will take the money and run; but going on tonights perfomance that kind of offer won't be forthcoming.

RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:06 am

yeah, but tonight withstanding, he's been France's key to the goal.  He's been playing well and yes everyone will have an off night.  Nothin to get to spun  up over.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:24 am

F*ck all that. Why wasn't Xabi playing for Spain? He's their best midfielder!!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:43 am

Lando you should be happy that he isn't playing because we wouldn't want him to pick up an injury during International duty.

He hasn't been in best of form so I can understand why he isn't starting but he hasn't even been on the bench in the past two games.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:58 am

I know mate. It's pathetic. Having said that, though, if that tw*t Sven picked people on form, England would do a lot better.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:22 am

i am suprised alonso hasnt been picked for spain cos' most of the spanish midfielders are ageing...

svens selection is poor!!!

jenas?hargreaves?p.neville?richardson?young?

none of these players are proven players!!

why not:scott parker,danny murphy,warnock???

sven thinks that now we have qualified people will get off his back,will they :censored:,not until he leaves,he has no passion and no brain!
nufc1986

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:36 am

nufc1986 wrote:i am suprised alonso hasnt been picked for spain cos' most of the spanish midfielders are ageing...

svens selection is poor!!!

jenas?hargreaves?p.neville?richardson?young?

none of these players are proven players!!

why not:scott parker,danny murphy,warnock???

sven thinks that now we have qualified people will get off his back,will they :censored:,not until he leaves,he has no passion and no brain!

Murphy? With all due respect, Murphy is average and the only reason he's been playing well at Charlton as of late is because he has two holding midfielders doing the dirty work [Smertin and the other fecker, can't remember his name].

Young is playing because G.Neville is injured.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby darwisigila » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:43 am

average player?? is better to have average player that in-form week in week out than inconsistent world class, world trickster, world waster etc. Maybe murphy is an average player but he is among the best average player in epl.
darwisigila

Postby TheoRacle » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:49 am

Quite a few people (me included) are quick to bag Cisse. But like all forwards confidence is the key.  I wonder what would have happened if this one had counted?

From the www.eurosport.com report

France-Cyprus 87'       CISSE has the ball in the back of the net! WHAT A FINISH! But, it's disallowed for an earlier infringement! The keeper had stopped playing, but in all fairness, even if he was trying, he wouldn't have been able to stop that drive from Cissé - it crashed down off the underside of the bar into the onion bag!
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:54 am

average player?? is better to have average player that in-form week in week out than inconsistent world class, world trickster, world waster etc. Maybe murphy is an average player but he is among the best average player in epl.

Murphy when he played for us was inconsistant and had the nack to lose the ball a lot.

Like I said the only reason he is playing well is because he has two holding midfielders that are doing the dirty work for him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby darwisigila » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:18 am

when he played for us, there no 2 holding midfielder? murphy is one of the liverpool player that i feel confident when he received the ball, he will keep it and not wasted it like Luis waster but score the goal Garcia or Cisse..

Garcia- ball waster = still play
cisse  - chances waster = 10 minutes per game
darwisigila

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:41 am

They are both good players and they both have there positive and negative points.

Murphy is probably the more consistent of the two.
Garcia is probably the more frustrating of the two.
66-1112520797

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion