I'm not surprised that cisse doesn't play

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:31 am

I have never hid the fact that I am a fan of Cisse's, but I know his time at anfield is about to end, and i have accepted that.

As for his performance for France. I am just wondering how much the lack of game time that he has had recently has affected his chances of gaining form for his country?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:35 am

im sad if cisse  going somewhere next jan coz im also fan of him. his record much2 better than dogbreath chelshit.top scorer in france for 2 season.....
darwisigila

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:51 am

Xabi couldnt play cause he had a ban for picking up 2 yellows, and I wouldnt play well either if my transfer was under investigation, which was in the news yesterday saying Liverpool got defrauded, Im not using excuses but dont you think it may have been on his mind a little? Imagine reading this yesterday then playing an International game ???

Liverpool Football Club could have been defrauded when they signed Djibril Cisse from Auxerre, claims the lawyer representing the Reds.

Cisse's transfer from Auxerre to Liverpool is one of several deals involving French clubs that is under investigation by the authorities due to the involvement of an unlicensed agent.

Richard Bettoni isn't registered with FIFA and he allegedly worked with Gerard Houllier and Rick Parry during negotiations that eventually saw the French hitman become a £14million bench-warmer at Anfield.

Marseilles, Montpellier, Nice, Auxerre, Troyes, Sochaux, Lille and Metz are all under investigation. The police recently raided several clubs in France looking for evidence that illegal payments have been made.

Jean-Alain Boumsong's transfer from Auxerre to Glasgow Rangers is one of several other transfers under investigation. Former boss Gerard Houllier tried to bring him to Anfield but the move never materialised.

Lawyer *Jean-Louis Dupont who is reportedly working on behalf of Liverpool Football Club, said: "Liverpool could have been a victim of fraud. Liverpool want to take a proactive approach on the issue."

There is no suggestion that Liverpool Football Club or Gerard Houllier were knowingly involved in anything dodgy.

Dupont is famously known for acting for footballer Jean-Marc Bosman. Bosman won his case when the European Court of Justice ruled that the system of transfer fees after contracts had expired was illegal. So were the limits on European Union foreigners. The Bosman ruling set a precedent, releasing players from the control of clubs with the end of a contract and effectively creating free agency, while allowing clubs to field as many EU players as they liked.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:47 am

Xabi couldnt play cause he had a ban for picking up 2 yellows

Correct, and to beat San Marino you only need third division players. He'll be summoned again for the next definitive couple of matches.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby African-red » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:03 am

I thought Cisse played well and in fact had a touch in the last three goal. Very decisive touches and if anyone really watched can confirm that. He was crucial to the three goals scored. He really wasted many chances but I mean the guy has been out and at the moment being scoring goals for France regularly. One game he does not score and everyone is complaining. This happens to any striker the weekend MO also did not score but yesterday he scored. Ronaldo scored yesterday after a year without scoring for Brazil. And Cisse does not score and everyone is on his back. I know Rafa will sell him and may be he will not even get a chance. BUT I am not so skeptical of whoever Rafa plans to buy. The targets he intends to buy might not make it in England I would only rate Dirk Kuyt to make it because of his sturdiness. France has a way of launching attacks and Cisse really runs at them you cannot tell if we used him in the attacking way he would not score more goals. Why were the English fans jeering at Crouch?
African-red

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:41 am

African-red wrote:I thought Cisse played well and in fact had a touch in the last three goal. Very decisive touches and if anyone really watched can confirm that. He was crucial to the three goals scored. He really wasted many chances but I mean the guy has been out and at the moment being scoring goals for France regularly. One game he does not score and everyone is complaining. This happens to any striker the weekend MO also did not score but yesterday he scored. Ronaldo scored yesterday after a year without scoring for Brazil. And Cisse does not score and everyone is on his back. I know Rafa will sell him and may be he will not even get a chance. BUT I am not so skeptical of whoever Rafa plans to buy. The targets he intends to buy might not make it in England I would only rate Dirk Kuyt to make it because of his sturdiness. France has a way of launching attacks and Cisse really runs at them you cannot tell if we used him in the attacking way he would not score more goals. Why were the English fans jeering at Crouch?

They were M@@chester U@@ted fans, and they were well out of order.
Crouch has done ok so far for England...nothing spectacular...but imo he hasn't looked out of place, and he uses posession well.
I didnt see Cisse's misses and i know strikers can have nights like that...especially if you go out feeling you need to prove a point, chances end up being snatched at.
Having said that...so far what i have seen of Cisse composure in front of goal is something he definately needs to work on.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:28 pm

He really wasted many chances but I mean the guy has been out and at the moment being scoring goals for France regularly.

Milan Baros scores goals regularly for Czech Republic but in last part of the season he couldn't score in the last 15 games he started in.

International performances mean nothing when it comes down to the club.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RedRoots » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:51 pm

Cisse has a good goal scoring record for France, so I can't understand how people use his performances for France as an excuse not to like him, his goal against Switzerland last week has shown me that his speed isn't his only attribute, he has a hunger and makes himself a nuisance, France didn't look like scoring at all until he came on at half time. I'm personally sick of all this Cisse bashing i'd be pi5sed off too if I were not getting my game, i'd put it to anybody here who would they rather see start, Garcia or Cisse, and I know it would be a large majority who would say Cisse, he can cause a lot more trouble over 90 minutes than Garcia ever could.

I'm slightly dissapointed in Cisse for saying what he's said in the media, but I beleive it was an indication of how much he wants to play and the hunger he has to perform for LFC unlike one or two others, it was a mistake on his part though. On the other hand though i'm also disspointed in Benitez, Cisse is a proven goalscorer and I firmly beleived we have dropped some valuable points due to him not starting.

So I put it to the folks who have no time for him, to judge him after he gets a fair crack of the whip, the guy desperately wants to play, 10 or 20 minutes here and there is not enough to judge him on. I say get behind the lad as he wants to perform for us and I beleive he has a lot to show us.
RedRoots

Postby muttleyp » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:57 pm

Cisse may not have scored yesterday, but from what i saw of the game i think he looked lively and did help in the build up to Guily's goal, had a goal disallowed, put in a good cross for Zidane which he missed and looked a threat.

Definitley needs a run in the team as he is more of a goal threat than the rest of the strikers in our team. I can only hope he gets that run in the team to show his worth before he gets sold.
muttleyp

Postby josip84 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:37 pm

RedRoots wrote:I'm slightly dissapointed in Cisse for saying what he's said in the media, but I beleive it was an indication of how much he wants to play and the hunger he has to perform for LFC unlike one or two others

http://www.footanglais.com/news.php?id=3879

In a message published by a french website (see above), Cisse says once again that it would be a real heartbreak for him to leave Liverpool FC, but he has no other choice than think of his own future if he wants to play for France in the World Cup in Germany. He obviously wants to play more, needs to play more. He also says he doesn't intend to ask Benitez for any explanations.
josip84

Postby Dalglish » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:49 pm

Cisse has been caught between managers, namely Gerard Houllier's and Rafa Benitez and I have a lot of sympathy for his position at LFC.

It's patently obvious that Rafa doesn't want him and bringing him on for cameo performances is just an excercise in keeping him in the shop window for JanuaryIMO.

To have a go at the lad's performances for France in an attempt to explain why he isn't getting a run at Liverpool is naive at best and poor form if you ask me ??? 

Using your rule of thumb , Stevie Gerrard wouldn't get in the LFC team based on his performances for England cos their usually :censored: :p 

Why don't you wake up and smell the roses. Cisse is on his way through no fault of his own !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bring_back_biscan » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:46 am

Angry Cissé talking his way out of Liverpool
By Matt Hughes

IF DJIBRIL Cissé could shoot as straight from inside the penalty area as he does from the hip then he would be quite a footballer. Built like a boxer, the Liverpool striker has little else in common with Muhammad Ali, the Louisville Lip, save a fondness for the sound of his own voice.
Most players see the international break as a welcome sanctuary from their domestic problems, an opportunity for quiet reflection in more familar surroundings, but in ten days with France Cissé has caused quite a stir. Indeed, such has been the relentless nature of his almost daily briefings that the French Football Federation would be well advised to install a Big Brother-style diary room at Clarefontaine to cope with Cissé’s confessionals.

Cissé is unhappy with his role as a mere reservist at Anfield and is intent on telling the world. Having previously revealed that he was “ :censored: off” at sitting on the bench, his emotion increased to anger yesterday, Cissé repeating his threat to leave the club during the next transfer window if his situation does not improve.

“I want to concentrate on Liverpool and win my place back,” Cissé said. “If I don’t do that then I will think about leaving in December. The only way I will play at the World Cup is to be playing for my team. I do get angry when I’m left out of the team but am determined and will fight for my place. I can’t afford to be playing just one game in three.”

Cissé should be so lucky. It took Liverpool several seasons and £14 million to prise the 24-year-old from Auxerre, but these days there is a shortage of suitors. Marseilles have inquired about taking him on loan and Real Betis are showing mild interest, with Liverpool likely to make a substantial loss.

Whatever happens it appears that Cissé has little future at Anfield. From the moment he joined the club, Rafael Benítez has had little regard for a player bought by his predecessor, Gérard Houllier, treating him like an unwanted inheritance and keeping him out of sight. It says something that Benítez would rather play a striker who has not scored since May up front on his own — Peter Crouch — than give Cissé a chance.

Cissé’s constant carping will not help his cause and he can expect a dressing-down from Benítez when he returns to training today. Beneath the softly-spoken exterior the Spaniard is a fierce disciplinarian, even dropping Steven Gerrard to the bench for last month’s Champions League tie against Betis, and players who cross him do not linger long, as Milan Baros could testify. After returning from last year’s European Championship with the golden boot the Czech Republic striker felt he deserved to be more than a bit-part player and told everyone as much, resulting in his rapid departure to Aston Villa.

It is not even as if Cissé is negotiating from a position of strength. Although he scored in France’s 1-1 draw with Switerland, by his own admission he endured a nightmare against Cyprus on Wednesday, missing five clear chances with only the goalkeeper to beat. As ever he offered a novel excuse, but when he surveys the squad he has inherited it is Benítez who must feel that he is cursed.

“On the personal level, it is a match to be forgotten,” Cissé said. “It felt like a curse and I would have been responsible if we had not qualified. It was a nightmare and I will try to forget all about it. It was a very hard match for me but the most important thing is that we got through. Sometimes in football you have bad matches like tonight and you have to forget as soon as possible.”

One senses that Cissé’s Liverpool career will soon be forgotten.

Harsh. But clearly Cisse has no future at the club. Against Chelsea in the league Benitez showed the world, and Cisse, what he thought of him. And when you look back the writing was on the wall right back to the first game in the league away at Spurs last season, when Cisse scored and got taken off after an hour.
bring_back_biscan

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:40 am

i watched the france v cyprus game on setanta today. Cisse's finishing was awful. He had 5 or 6 clear cut chances and didn't put one away. He has no composure in front of goal. He tries to kick the ball through the keeper rather than placing it. He was one on one with keeper twice and put one over and the other staight at the keeper. Other than that cisse's all round game was quite good. He was involved in 3 of france's goals and he looks more intelligent than he used to ie. he does the simple thing rather than trying to score from impossible positions. I think cisse needs a run of games up front rather than on the right. he's not a right winger because he cant cross. if we play him up front alongside crouchy imo he will grow in confidence and start scoring goals
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:41 am

i watched the france v cyprus game on setanta today. Cisse's finishing was awful. He had 5 or 6 clear cut chances and didn't put one away. He has no composure in front of goal. He tries to kick the ball through the keeper rather than placing it. He was one on one with keeper twice and put one over and the other staight at the keeper. Other than that cisse's all round game was quite good. He was involved in 3 of france's goals and he looks more intelligent than he used to ie. he does the simple thing rather than trying to score from impossible positions. I think cisse needs a run of games up front rather than on the right. he's not a right winger because he cant cross. if we play him up front alongside crouchy imo he will grow in confidence and start scoring goals
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:54 am

bring_back_biscan wrote:Angry Cissé talking his way out of Liverpool
By Matt Hughes

IF DJIBRIL Cissé could shoot as straight from inside the penalty area as he does from the hip then he would be quite a footballer. Built like a boxer, the Liverpool striker has little else in common with Muhammad Ali, the Louisville Lip, save a fondness for the sound of his own voice.
Most players see the international break as a welcome sanctuary from their domestic problems, an opportunity for quiet reflection in more familar surroundings, but in ten days with France Cissé has caused quite a stir. Indeed, such has been the relentless nature of his almost daily briefings that the French Football Federation would be well advised to install a Big Brother-style diary room at Clarefontaine to cope with Cissé’s confessionals.

Cissé is unhappy with his role as a mere reservist at Anfield and is intent on telling the world. Having previously revealed that he was “ :censored: off” at sitting on the bench, his emotion increased to anger yesterday, Cissé repeating his threat to leave the club during the next transfer window if his situation does not improve.

“I want to concentrate on Liverpool and win my place back,” Cissé said. “If I don’t do that then I will think about leaving in December. The only way I will play at the World Cup is to be playing for my team. I do get angry when I’m left out of the team but am determined and will fight for my place. I can’t afford to be playing just one game in three.”

Cissé should be so lucky. It took Liverpool several seasons and £14 million to prise the 24-year-old from Auxerre, but these days there is a shortage of suitors. Marseilles have inquired about taking him on loan and Real Betis are showing mild interest, with Liverpool likely to make a substantial loss.

Whatever happens it appears that Cissé has little future at Anfield. From the moment he joined the club, Rafael Benítez has had little regard for a player bought by his predecessor, Gérard Houllier, treating him like an unwanted inheritance and keeping him out of sight. It says something that Benítez would rather play a striker who has not scored since May up front on his own — Peter Crouch — than give Cissé a chance.

Cissé’s constant carping will not help his cause and he can expect a dressing-down from Benítez when he returns to training today. Beneath the softly-spoken exterior the Spaniard is a fierce disciplinarian, even dropping Steven Gerrard to the bench for last month’s Champions League tie against Betis, and players who cross him do not linger long, as Milan Baros could testify. After returning from last year’s European Championship with the golden boot the Czech Republic striker felt he deserved to be more than a bit-part player and told everyone as much, resulting in his rapid departure to Aston Villa.

It is not even as if Cissé is negotiating from a position of strength. Although he scored in France’s 1-1 draw with Switerland, by his own admission he endured a nightmare against Cyprus on Wednesday, missing five clear chances with only the goalkeeper to beat. As ever he offered a novel excuse, but when he surveys the squad he has inherited it is Benítez who must feel that he is cursed.

“On the personal level, it is a match to be forgotten,” Cissé said. “It felt like a curse and I would have been responsible if we had not qualified. It was a nightmare and I will try to forget all about it. It was a very hard match for me but the most important thing is that we got through. Sometimes in football you have bad matches like tonight and you have to forget as soon as possible.”

One senses that Cissé’s Liverpool career will soon be forgotten.

Harsh. But clearly Cisse has no future at the club. Against Chelsea in the league Benitez showed the world, and Cisse, what he thought of him. And when you look back the writing was on the wall right back to the first game in the league away at Spurs last season, when Cisse scored and got taken off after an hour.

That was reported a week ago and right after Cisse said on LFC.tv that he would stay and fight for his place.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion