"i'm here to stay for years" - Rafa's committment to the reds

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:59 pm

He's made his intentions even more clear... he'll do the business..  from LFC.tv:

"Rafael Benitez today issued the news all Liverpool fans wanted to hear when he made it clear that despite the rumours from Spain, he's 100% committed to achieving success at Anfield. 
Speaking exclusively to Liverpoolfc.tv on Thursday afternoon, Benitez dismissed the reports linking him with a move to Real Madrid and stated: "I want to make one thing clear to the supporters, I am not thinking of going anywhere. I am happy here at Liverpool. I have a long contract and I intend to stay to win trophies here. I want to thank the supporters, the board and everyone at the club for making me feel so welcome and I want success here.

"I understand that we need to change things. I understand that we need to improve our level. It's a challenge for me and a challenge for the players but that is why we are here.

"I am very grateful and very proud to be the Liverpool manager. My idea is to win trophies next season and for seasons to come."
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:20 pm

well mr benitez i`m grateful you are our manager.
i`ve stated before that i didnt want another foreign manager after houllier but i`m convinced rafa`s the real deal.
i know its not a five minute job to sort out this team and especially these days when we cant go toe to toe with other clubs moneywise but i`ve seen enough already to know that benitez given the time will get it right. he hasnt even played every club twice yet, he cant look at the fixture list and say `oh we can get at their left back` or ` their ****** down the right` because he hasnt been here long enough.
if alonso wouldnt have got injured against chelsea we would have been up there, we were the best team in the league at that time - and rafa was still learning.
every time i hear his interviews and how he conducts himself in a dignified manner i think of that poem by kipling...if.... if you can face truimph and disaster and treat the two imposters the same.....
the season after next, then we`ll see a great side.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion