I'm going out on a limb here - Bold prediction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:47 pm

I think Raffa will set the team up fow away games as he did on Saturday.  Quite defensive, BUT you can hardley blame him when you look at our record away from home last year!!

For us to close the gap on the eventual champions, we need to get more poits away from home, so therefore this tactics where spot on.  We where unlucky not to score and Middlesborough didn't hardy have a shot on target. I reckon Raffa got it right!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:53 pm

Stevie G great player

Gareth southgate: "At one point i thought he was heading his own crosses"

will break 20 goal mark will win european midfielder of the year BBC sports personality of the year fans player of the year but a chelski or manure midfielder will will the pfa awards because the PFA hate us.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:56 pm

I agree with St. Mike Sissoko looks class and with more refining he can be the new viera im sure. just like rafa said
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:07 pm

neil wrote:
Garymac wrote:
neil wrote:
stmichael wrote:Sissoko (who looks class by the way)

sissoko does not look class just yet, there appears to be potential but none more than say salif diou or whatever his name is.
Gerrard is nearly half way there already after 1 league game, so that limb your out on could well be quite stabilized.
Player of the year, possibly in a world cup season, more likely to receive European footballer of the year though, I mean, lets accept that our bizarre media(who seem to hold sway in these issues) are under the impression that there is a big 3......that does'nt include the Euro champions ! f.uckwits, no, make that cheeky f.uckwits .
I've gone off on one    :oh:

If your gonna compare Sissoko to Diao at least list the reasons why so we can all laugh at them!

Try to stay with me here, I was comparing the POTENTIAL of the two guys, one having just had an excellent world cup, the other, a few half decent pre-seaon cameo roles.
Quick, your chip pan is alight.

There is no comparing the respective potentials of Sissoko and Diao when we signed them.

Sissoko is 20, Diao was 25 when we signed him.

Sissoko has had 2 impressive seasons in the spanish lge, Diao had several mediocre seasons in France but managed to have a good world cup.

Sissoko has settled instantly in England, whereas I can't remember Diao EVER having a really good game for us

Plus, this is the 2nd time Rafa has signed Sissoko, he is gonna be a top player, and to compare him with Diao is an absolute joke
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Magician » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:20 pm

I hope so
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

Postby neil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:09 pm

john craig wrote:
neil wrote:
Garymac wrote:
neil wrote:
stmichael wrote:Sissoko (who looks class by the way)

sissoko does not look class just yet, there appears to be potential but none more than say salif diou or whatever his name is.
Gerrard is nearly half way there already after 1 league game, so that limb your out on could well be quite stabilized.
Player of the year, possibly in a world cup season, more likely to receive European footballer of the year though, I mean, lets accept that our bizarre media(who seem to hold sway in these issues) are under the impression that there is a big 3......that does'nt include the Euro champions ! f.uckwits, no, make that cheeky f.uckwits .
I've gone off on one    :oh:

If your gonna compare Sissoko to Diao at least list the reasons why so we can all laugh at them!

Try to stay with me here, I was comparing the POTENTIAL of the two guys, one having just had an excellent world cup, the other, a few half decent pre-seaon cameo roles.
Quick, your chip pan is alight.

There is no comparing the respective potentials of Sissoko and Diao when we signed them.

Sissoko is 20, Diao was 25 when we signed him.

Sissoko has had 2 impressive seasons in the spanish lge, Diao had several mediocre seasons in France but managed to have a good world cup.

Sissoko has settled instantly in England, whereas I can't remember Diao EVER having a really good game for us

Plus, this is the 2nd time Rafa has signed Sissoko, he is gonna be a top player, and to compare him with Diao is an absolute joke

listen thicko, see the bit about comparing the potential in that quote? see? have another look.....yeah thats it, just there,good!
Sissoko has potential so did the other :censored:, but he does not look good enough for a regular starting berth just yet, watch the ball when he passes it son, it does'nt go where he is aiming enough.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:12 pm

but he does not look good enough for a regular starting berth just yet, watch the ball when he passes it son, it does'nt go where he is aiming enough.

There are not many midfielders at the age of 20 that would start ahead of Alonso and Gerrard. Gerrard wasn't perfect in all areas when he first made his debut either, Sissoko has flaws in his game like every player but you have to admit that for a player his age, he's quite impressive.

What says it all is that Benitez bought him not only once but twice.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:14 pm

neil wrote:but he does not look good enough for a regular starting berth just yet, watch the ball when he passes it son, it does'nt go where he is aiming enough.

we'll let rafa decide that first mate!
i don't think he'd spend around 5 million on a player to sit on the bench all the time. i personally think that he is good enough to start for us. he wasn't bought for his passing ability btw (thats what gerrard and alonso are for!), momo was bought to break down play which he does effectively!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:16 pm

neil wrote:listen thicko,

c'mon mate!
how old are you? 12!
(no offensive if you are btw!)  :D  :D  :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:17 pm

Going back to this talk of 4-5-1 not working.

That's rubbish, the formation (which can also be regarded as a 4-2-3-1) is fine, providing you have the right personnel to play in that system.

Last season, when we played Arsenal at home, we were superb playing that system. Kewell and FSP were supporting Mellor from wide areas with Stevie in a sort of free role. The problem on Saturday is that neither Zenden or Garcia have the pace required to continually get in and support the lone striker.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:21 pm

stmichael wrote:Going back to this talk of 4-5-1 not working.

That's rubbish, the formation (which can also be regarded as a 4-2-3-1) is fine, providing you have the right personnel to play in that system.

Last season, when we played Arsenal at home, we were superb playing that system. Kewell and FSP were supporting Mellor from wide areas with Stevie in a sort of free role. The problem on Saturday is that neither Zenden or Garcia have the pace required to continually get in and support the lone striker.

i`d agree with that, if we are going to play 4-5-1 we need more from the wide players, in fact when chelsea play this formation their wide men are probably their biggest threats.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:24 pm

The two wide men dont HAVE to "get in" to support the lone striker , as an alternative two of the three from central midfield can push up in support and recieve balls pumped in by the wide men .

You don't have to beat a full back and get to the by line in order to loft a dangerous ball into the box.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:28 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:he wasn't bought for his passing ability btw (thats what gerrard and alonso are for!),

I'm afraid it is  preresquisite that he is able to pass. This will come in time.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:30 pm

woof woof ! wrote:The two wide men dont HAVE to "get in" to support the lone striker , as an alternative two of the three from central midfield can push up in support and recieve balls pumped in by the wide men .

You don't have to beat a full back and get to the by line in order to loft a dangerous ball into the box.

as we seen saturday mate, with the midfield trio we played really only gerrard likes to bomb on, in fact until cisse came on morientes had no help from the flanks either.
whatever way we work it, when we play 4-5-1 someone has got to get in there to help gerrard and the striker because most prem defences can handle a two man attack all day long.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:31 pm

neil wrote:I'm afraid it is  preresquisite that he is able to pass. This will come in time.

:Oo:
sorry mate what does preresquisite mean???  ???
my knowledge of big words is quite bad!  :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion