I'm going out on a limb here - Bold prediction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:33 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
neil wrote:
stmichael wrote:Sissoko (who looks class by the way)

sissoko does not look class just yet, there appears to be potential but none more than say salif diou or whatever his name is.

C'mon now mate, lets be serious here.
Sissoko has shown more potential in a few games than Diao has shown in his entire career at Liverpool so far! i truely believe that sissoko will be a success!

I aint saying he isnt to be a success, but all this 'class' talk is nonsense, potential, though lacks concentration, awkward ball control, too many misplaced passes, come on you few, wind your knecks back in.    :;):
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:34 am

neil wrote:

sissoko does not look class just yet, there appears to be potential but none more than say salif diou or whatever his name is.
Gerrard is nearly half way there already after 1 league game, so that limb your out on could well be quite stabilized.
Player of the year, possibly in a world cup season, more likely to receive European footballer of the year though, I mean, lets accept that our bizarre media(who seem to hold sway in these issues) are under the impression that there is a big 3......that does'nt include the Euro champions ! f.uckwits, no, make that cheeky f.uckwits .
I've gone off on one    :oh:

If your gonna compare Sissoko to Diao at least list the reasons why so we can all laugh at them!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby DrTNT » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:39 am

Excellent post!!!!!!!!  I believe that you are definitely not going out on a limb saying that Gerrard will score 20 goals for us this season. My reasons for thinking this is the brilliant midfield he has behind him because there will always be Alonso and Sissoko/Hamann to look after the defensive duties, so he is able to bomb forward and support the striker(s). Also during the chaos in the summer his u-turn was caused by his love for the club and the fans, this has given him a new lease of life that is visible to everyone.

When Sissoko arrived I knew little about him but trusted Rafa's judgement. I still did have my doubts about him but they were eradicated on seeing him in the pre-season matches and now in the first premiership match. I firmly believe that he can become just as good as Vieira in the coming years.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby neil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:47 am

Garymac wrote:
neil wrote:

Gerrard is nearly half way there already after 1 league game, so that limb your out on could well be quite stabilized.
Player of the year, possibly in a world cup season, more likely to receive European footballer of the year though, I mean, lets accept that our bizarre media(who seem to hold sway in these issues) are under the impression that there is a big 3......that does'nt include the Euro champions ! f.uckwits, no, make that cheeky f.uckwits .
I've gone off on one    :oh:

If your gonna compare Sissoko to Diao at least list the reasons why so we can all laugh at them!

Try to stay with me here, I was comparing the POTENTIAL of the two guys, one having just had an excellent world cup, the other, a few half decent pre-seaon cameo roles.
Quick, your chip pan is alight.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Luis Garcia » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:52 am

I dont think he will be PFa player of the year, but score 20+ goals Im sure he will.

i mean, where else are the goals gonna come from??

hee hee  :D
Luis Garcia

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:54 am

Luis Garcia wrote:I dont think he will be PFa player of the year, but score 20+ goals Im sure he will.

i mean, where else are the goals gonna come from??

hee hee  :D

carra!
:D  :laugh:  :p
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:45 am

Sissoko has won me over already and he will keep Hamann out of the team, when rafa plays, Gerrard, Xabi, and Sissoko, but I dont think playing Stevie and Xabi works they dont complement each other, and Zenden hasnt won me over atall I am not one bit convinced yet in him.
I hope MO signs this week he will get onto most of Stevies, Sissokos and Xabis crosses he also drags 3 defenders with him, he would be amazing with Crouch, Ciss or Morientes upfront and lets face it we really need him and we really need to just play 2 upfront, even away from home I dont like this defensive mallarcy thats not what Liverpool are about.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:19 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I dont like this defensive mallarcy thats not what Liverpool are about.

agree with you 100% lynds, i hate seeing balls played into the box and there is no one near it as they are all still trying to get up from the midfield. we need to play 2 up front, give the other team something to think about, let their defenders worry. and play this way for the whole game, i dont agree with playing for a draw and hoping to get something on a counter attack.

LETS JUST GET AT THEM FROM THE START, defend from the front like Rush used to do
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:51 am

Boro played for a score draw from the off, Steve Maclaren has been really doing his home work on us these last few weeks, and he knew we would tear them apart if they played for a win.
As soon as Garcia went off the game changed, and as soon as Baros come on they where all over the place they didnt know who to mark, as we had many attacking options available at this time, but it was to little to late and a shame we didnt take the 3 points.
Felt a bit sorry for Morientes as was wittnessed from last season and now this game, he just cannot play upfront on his own the only striker we have on our books to play in this 5-4-1 is peter crouch, its not Cisse, Baros or Morientes.
We have to go out and attack even away from home, so what if a team scores against us we have enough class in attack to get 2 or 3 back, I love Rafa but sometimes he frustrates me with his team sheets and game plans in europe he has it spot on, he will get the prem sussed out very soon also, what the team might play like on the training field in this 5-4-1 is not working in actual games.
And Cisse on the wing is a big NO NO he is a 14 million pound striker, and I cannot tollerate players being played out of position, does Diouf ring any bells here?

Also whats going to happen if Kewell finds his form again? Where is he going to play? We have Zenden Riise and Kewell to fight it out for this position and no one on the opposit side, can Kewell play on the right? I cant remember its been that long since he has done anything for us  :D

Attack is the best form of defence.  :buttrock
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:57 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Sissoko has won me over already and he will keep Hamann out of the team, when rafa plays, Gerrard, Xabi, and Sissoko, but I dont think playing Stevie and Xabi works they dont complement each other, and Zenden hasnt won me over atall I am not one bit convinced yet in him.
I hope MO signs this week he will get onto most of Stevies, Sissokos and Xabis crosses he also drags 3 defenders with him, he would be amazing with Crouch, Ciss or Morientes upfront and lets face it we really need him and we really need to just play 2 upfront, even away from home I dont like this defensive mallarcy thats not what Liverpool are about.

But if you had the three of them in midfield ,you could only play one upfront thats without tampering with the back four.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:01 am

Bamaga man wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Sissoko has won me over already and he will keep Hamann out of the team, when rafa plays, Gerrard, Xabi, and Sissoko, but I dont think playing Stevie and Xabi works they dont complement each other, and Zenden hasnt won me over atall I am not one bit convinced yet in him.

But if you had the three of them in midfield ,you could only play one upfront thats without tampering with the back four.

Weve got loads of games this season and Rafa can play Xabi with sissoko and Gerrard with Hamann and 2 upfront. Or Xabi with Gerrard, overcrowding the midfield is only good for games against the attacking teams e.g. Arsenal, the mancs and I reckon Spurs will be a good bet for a UEFA place this season.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:36 am

With all the Stevie transfer stuff done and dusted, with the vast majority of Houllier's mistakes gone, and the addition of Benitez's kind of players, we have the foundations of something that could be very special indeed. We should be finishing in the top four this season and the likes of Gerrard, Sissoko and Cisse could all really make names for themselves (or bigger names anyway) in this campaign. Gerrard scoring 20 and getting the PFA POTY? Sure, why not. Gerrard has a shot that can nearly every game for us, and half of the time he uses it for fun, so I'll go along with that statement. Sissoko getting the PFA YPOTY? Yep, can see that too.

VIVA LOS RAFA-LUTION!!! VIVA LOS PODEROSO ROJOS!!!
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:49 am

compared to last season, we got so much options and possibilities now. although we didn't get the full 3 points, it is the performance of the team especially SG and Momo that augurs well for future premiership matches.

now rafa, for a proven goal scorer, CB and RW.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby red marauder » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:45 am

BarryBelfast wrote:We as a team do not need a god ,

[quote] :no how quickly they forget. Does the name Robert Fowler mean anything to you?
RED MARAUDER
red marauder

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:45 pm

I also think we will find a lot more success this season. Rafa is a year wiser and jhas piucked his new singnings very carefully. We have some real talent now like Sissoko, Barragan ect... And if Chelsea play us anything like they did against Wigan then we will walk over them.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion