I love - Rafa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:54 pm

I have read a few quotes recently from Rafa, and I love the way he is cold and calculating in his comments on players leaving and or getting fit.

Reading between the lines:

Cisse

"We have an agreement with Marseille for Djibril to go on loan. It is a good move for him because he needs to play.

"He has had two bad injuries and it will suit him better to play in France."

Translation - "I never liked the lad, his wages are off the books and I pray daily it becomes a permanent move"

Hamman

"Didi is a very good player who always did a good job for us," enthused Benitez.

"I was talking with Didi and I told him it would be difficult to play the amount of games he would have liked to play this season. We have Gerrard and remember Alonso and Sissoko have more experience now and Bolo Zenden can also play central midfield.

"I said to him it would be better for him to move on and get more games at another club."

Translation - " He did for us, and I thank him greatly, however he is too old for the future of Liverpool and wont get a fuc.king look in with Xabi, Momo and Stevie G set to light up the Premiership next season "

Zenden

"He is training again now and I was really happy with him at the end of last season"

"He was injured, but he was always in the dressing room and he was always encouraging his team-mates and supporting them.

"This year he has started pre-season training really well. I am thinking about using him sometimes as a central midfielder because he has experience at Middlesbrough in this position.

"He also has quality, and with his experience and his game intelligence he can give us more things.

"I think he was happier in this position, and with us losing Hamann, we will have Momo Sissoko, Stevie Gerrard and Xabi Alonso for that position - and maybe Bolo, too."

Translation - " He is a decent player but will need to improve and show he is good enough to oust Xabi, Momo and Stevie. His attitude is good, and he is talkiing the talk, lets see him walk the walk now...."
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:08 pm

Some crackers there from Benitez, I always find his comments about Cisse hilarious because you know exactly what he thinks of the player.

For example Benitez on Cisse going to Marseille 'it's a good move for him' really means 'it's not actually a great move for him because he's stated time and again he loves living in England and his family is very settled, but it's a fecking great move for us to get rid of this waste of space whose wages are stopping me going out and buying a striker who actually knows how to stick the ball in the net'.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:43 pm

There have been some classics in the past, but I love the way he can put things into perspective and says what we are all thinking but just in a more intelligent way. The one that immediately springs to mind is the one about finding the right table leg, meaning Man Utd / Chelsea can buy all the feckers in the world we just need the right one.

But the best ever Rafa quote was the day before the Chelsea in the second leg match at Anfield in the Champions League semi's which was something along the lines of 'I assure you, we will beat Chelsea' 
:;):
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:48 pm

i think his best one was about Nunez...

"I think we need to find him another club"

:D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:14 pm

If Sheila said the ball was over the line and thats all I need to know  :D

Also when he went into the pub in Germany to meet the fans superb.  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:06 pm

Wrexham saturday, lets make it known once again how much we luv this fella.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:42 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:I have read a few quotes recently from Rafa, and I love the way he is cold and calculating in his comments on players leaving and or getting fit.

Reading between the lines:

Cisse

"We have an agreement with Marseille for Djibril to go on loan. It is a good move for him because he needs to play.

"He has had two bad injuries and it will suit him better to play in France."

Translation - "I never liked the lad, his wages are off the books and I pray daily it becomes a permanent move"

Hamman

"Didi is a very good player who always did a good job for us," enthused Benitez.

"I was talking with Didi and I told him it would be difficult to play the amount of games he would have liked to play this season. We have Gerrard and remember Alonso and Sissoko have more experience now and Bolo Zenden can also play central midfield.

"I said to him it would be better for him to move on and get more games at another club."

Translation - " He did for us, and I thank him greatly, however he is too old for the future of Liverpool and wont get a fuc.king look in with Xabi, Momo and Stevie G set to light up the Premiership next season "

Zenden

"He is training again now and I was really happy with him at the end of last season"

"He was injured, but he was always in the dressing room and he was always encouraging his team-mates and supporting them.

"This year he has started pre-season training really well. I am thinking about using him sometimes as a central midfielder because he has experience at Middlesbrough in this position.

"He also has quality, and with his experience and his game intelligence he can give us more things.

"I think he was happier in this position, and with us losing Hamann, we will have Momo Sissoko, Stevie Gerrard and Xabi Alonso for that position - and maybe Bolo, too."

Translation - " He is a decent player but will need to improve and show he is good enough to oust Xabi, Momo and Stevie. His attitude is good, and he is talkiing the talk, lets see him walk the walk now...."

Leon, I was thinking exactly same thing today after reading the Cisse comments on the official LFC website.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Effes » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:51 pm

I was laughin the Sunday after the FA Cup Final when he said about Stevie G..

"He is a key player"

- you can't beat subtlety
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:19 pm

Well, I quite agree Leon's translation. Perhaps my view on Cisse's quotes are slightly different.

My translation : "I was chuffed about the idea of offloading him getting some money for him, but I'll have to be happy with the idea of another club paying his wages, as in France they're not willing to pay any fee if they're not sure about Cisse's injury development".

Sabre

(1) I now realise on a second read, that was more or less what Leon meant  :D .

On Zenden though, I'm a bit surprised, I had no hopes for regular football for him, since I always saw playing on the wing, even in Barcelona times. As a midfielder, I don't see him as a holding one, but it has been a little surprise to me to see Rafa keeping him and not loaning/selling him.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:01 am

Rafa Rafa Rafael, Rafael, Rafael, Rafa Rafa Rafael, Rafael Benitez.

Already a living legend, and the greatest manager of my lifetime.

I salute you, sir, and may your brilliance continue it's association with our unique club.

You deserve us, as we deserve you.
Masters of our art.  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:29 am

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has admitted that he didn't get much of a break over the summer.

While Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho left Peter Kenyon writing blank cheques while he relaxed on a certain Russian's yacht on the Med, Rafa settled for a week in Crete with his family.

He obviously enjoyed spending time with his loved ones but he's confessed that it was more of a working holiday as he continued to conduct business even while away.

Rafa said: "I spent the whole time with my phone pressed to my ear. It seemed like all of England was in the same hotel.

"You know my idea. With Abramovich, they can do all the things they want. They can make a list of the best players, sign them all and then forget about it and have one month on holiday.

"Here, we have to be different."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:58 am

anfieldadorer wrote:Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has admitted that he didn't get much of a break over the summer.

While Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho left Peter Kenyon writing blank cheques while he relaxed on a certain Russian's yacht on the Med, Rafa settled for a week in Crete with his family.

He obviously enjoyed spending time with his loved ones but he's confessed that it was more of a working holiday as he continued to conduct business even while away.

Rafa said: "I spent the whole time with my phone pressed to my ear. It seemed like all of England was in the same hotel.

"You know my idea. With Abramovich, they can do all the things they want. They can make a list of the best players, sign them all and then forget about it and have one month on holiday.

"Here, we have to be different."

Whos that split arseeeeee at the bottom off your posts old chap?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:02 am

Rosa Kato she has her own thread rosa kato
account deleted by request

Postby Mark 23 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:49 pm

Just read the Liverpool Echo, and Rafa said something along the lines of;

'some of us have been working over the summer'

Get in there Rafa lad, I think Jose will go this season if he doesn't win the Cl, and then watch Chelsea collapse.
Mark 23

Postby liverpool5times » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:53 pm

Benitez is a master with his comments about Cisse!!
liverpool5times

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion