I know i wont be going to turin - The club should

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:49 pm

Say they dont want any fans going to the game cause there will be some blood shed.  If there are any reds going I would really think twice about it if I was you. 

I was chatting to a Liverpool representive when I was in Germany an he was saying if we do let fans go then they should all be flown into Rome an put on coaches and taking straight to the ground.  Its an hours drive but it would be the safest option.

Im gutted we got Juve cause there will be murder if Liverpool Football club  dont do it properly.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby kenco » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:13 pm

i would advise no fans to go as it was bad enough twenty years ago after the game trying to avoid trouble,at the station they were waiting in force. but i know many will! :(
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Juventino » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:59 pm

We are no animal :(
Some fans are stupid but those threats shouldn't be considered too seriously. In Italy, the only city you should be afraid to go to is Roma... Some of the Ultras clearly hate everything that concerns Liverpool, but I am pretty sure everything will remain purely verbal.
Juventino

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:01 pm

Juventino wrote:We are no animal :(
Some fans are stupid but those threats shouldn't be considered too seriously. In Italy, the only city you should be afraid to go to is Roma... Some of the Ultras clearly hate everything that concerns Liverpool, but I am pretty sure everything will remain purely verbal.

Its the ultras that are the problem mate, some bad fans follow every team in the world just to cause trouble.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Juventino » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:09 pm

Yes, but I still think that if the Red's fans want to come in Italy, it's quite unessessary (how do you spell this ??? ), they won't face any problem. The tifosi in the "Curva Scirea" (wher the ultras are) are well controlled during the CL games don't worry guys. Trouble will come from the italian-anti-juve side... Those guys (romans and torinesi mostely) may cause trouble, but not agains't Liverpool ;)
Juventino

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:39 pm

I need a holiday so I m going :p god knows when well meet a great club like Juve again, make the most of it kids.
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby andy_g » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:48 pm

this has to be taken as an opportunity for mending and attendance should be enthusiastic and optimistic. remember the great atmosphere when all the italian fans were in liverpool for euro96? loads of fun.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:23 pm

Do you think they will show "live' on TV ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:11 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Do you think they will show "live' on TV ?

Seeing as Sky show every other game in CL theres no reason they aint gonna show this!! Unless the ITV amateurs decide to grace 'freetime' tv to us of course. Only problem I see is the possibility of trouble marring a live tv broadcast in Italy. Call me biased, but I really dont see any hassle at Anfield. It would be a fitting tribute if the game could be the focal point, not the crowd.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:29 pm

Got to say when discussing the draw beforehand and possiible away trips our 7th choice was Juventus but after hearing what both clubs have said publicly and the fact that the first leg is at Anfield I'm inclined to go now.

If you listened to threats and what might happen before EVERY away game then you'd never go anywhere :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:33 am

Nothing will happen at anfield I am very possitive about that, and for there fans to come to Liverpool would cost in the region of 400 pounds, so I doubt there will be that many visiting us.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:39 am

I understand your sentiments Dalglish but I have deep rooted memories of the mayhem ,stabbings,tear gas,blood-shed ,screaming e.t.c. , outside the Stadium in Rome.And then 12 months later being at Heysel,after the "game",stuck with 40 other Liverpool fans wandering why our coach had dissappeared leaving us stranded at the Juventus end of the ground with all the Juve fans wanting revenge.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:45 am

I understand your fears Supersub and at the end of the day fans will have to make a personal decision.

The treatment of fans in 84 in Rome is well documented and without doubt contributed to teh ill feeling between Liverpool and albeit different Italian fans.

I understand your reservations and particulalry the fears surrounding the polivce and their "no nonsense" attitude to visiting fans ???

I'm at the undecided stage at the moment , I've got a kid now and my mates got his 2 girls to think about. Whats REALLY sad though is that we have to consider that when we are thinking of travelling to a  football Match :(
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:51 am

Sadly it is such traumatic events that stop you in your tracks and make you take a reality check.Having family to care for is just about the biggest reality check anyone needs.Personally,I'm saving it for a return trip to Munich,the scene of a classic Reds performance.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:56 am

I admire your optimism :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion