I know i'm going to get flamed for this but... - How can the reds win the premiership ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby L-type » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:41 am

I just watched the Reds play against Gratz, and I'm finding that over their past few games the Reds have not been an exciting team to watch. 
        I mean seriously take a look at Arsenal and look at the majestic characteristics they showed in their match against middlesborough! I'm by now measure an Arsenal fan, but watching them play was exciting.  They never lacked confidence, motivation, or inspiration.  At one point they were down 1-3 and the came back and scored 4 unanswered goals. They have a sharp edge to them that seems to be dull at the moment for Liverpool.
        So basically I'll cut through the ****** and say it outright: SAort of a miracle how can Liverpool overcome Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man U this season?
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:56 am

Its your opinion however your last part I disagree, you don't think that we can compete with the Manchester scum?

-At the current state, Manchester is horrible. They are lacking 9 of their major players. Van Nistelrooy will be injured until September, Solsjaker is injured for the whole season, Ferdinad is suspended till October,etc... They won't be doing good this season, if they get even near the 6th place they should be satisfied.

-First of all, Arsenal played Middlesbrough not Liverpool F.C. We are not Boro, we don't have a horrible defence and midfield. Have you looked at the players that we have signed recently?

-I understand that you are disapointed because we lost but it is not the end of the world. The same Arsenal that you are praising were knocked out of the Champions League last year, but they won the Premiership. Premiership and Champions League are two totaly different things, different teams, different gameplay. Its the best teams in Europe competing, not the best teams in England.

-Don't be so quick to lose faith, one loss and you make a pathetic statement? We can't do better than Manchester? Rafa has proven that he can anybody champions ex: Valencia, first year he won the La Liga cup.

-We have a solid midfield, if Alonso and Garcia played against Gratz we wouldn't be having this discussion. Every club has a bad performance, this wasn't a good day for us and hopefuly we will learn from this experience. Gratz are no second rate team either, they knocked out Ajax last year but the important thing was that we beat them at home just enough to make it through.

-Chelsea have spent millions and millions on their squad and all pressure is on them, their flaw is the lack of shots on target. Arsenal's flaw is their defence and our flaw at the moment is that we need to tighten up our defence because Dudek is weak near the post.

I am not going to waste my time and change your opinion but these are the facts my friend, you have to look at things logicaly before you lose faith. LFC is not Boro or Everton, we are what we are. Hard work will pay off at the end of this season, mark my words.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:07 am

First of all i do agree that man u have a weak squad this year, but I'm not basing this on one match, I'm just saying Liverpool FC is losing it's flair and excitement.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:15 am

i agree completely.  We dominated the first half against Tottenham but were slack in the second, against Man City the first half was untirely unconvincing and, although admitadly we had flashes of brilliance, we had an awful game against Graz.  My initial optimisim is fading fast, Benitez, please don't be Houllier mk 2!
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Red_Si » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:17 am

Potter and Diao were awful! :(
Red_Si

Postby 72-1090627431 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:32 am

L-Type, I watched Liverpool against Man City,and Gratz from the stands last night, and  I agree. Its hold your head in your hands time again!

I dont know why Rafa has decided to bring in a lot of youth/ reserve team players , Warnock, Potter, Whitbread etc all of a sudden, as he cant know them all that well, so far!

havin said that, Warnock is a better winger than Kewell, who has really annoyed my thus far. Harry seems to have forgotten how to play!

against man city, he was nervous and didnt do a lot. last night he was awful. Id sell him back to leeds actually, i dont thyink we are gonna get many games out of him.

last nights performance against gratz could have been a lot worse if we were playing Barcelona or madrid!

be interesting to see who we get in the draw on thursday.
we are bound to be one of the  'lower' seeds, getting drawn against two 'big' teams.

Potter was useless and i cant understand why he was in the side.

I think Garcia and alonso are needed and quick! the welcome party is over, get yer feckin boots on!
72-1090627431

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:51 am

For once I agree with you Hustler
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:57 pm

I certainly would not flame you for this comment but I will have to sound a bit like Houllier and say "give us time".
However insane houllier became, we must remember that he did get liverpool to a treble winning season; but not in his first year. The best managers in the EPD are Wenger and Fergascum and how long have they been at the helm of their prospective ships? Rafa will spend this season wisely getting to know his team and iron out the creases. He has made intelligent purchases on long term contracts which would suggest he won't just be dipping his feet into the premiership. He is here to win trophies and bring back the title. But we can't expect him to do it in one season. Mourinho will only last a year at Scumford Bridge if he doesn't win and Santini won't be hanging around if Tottenham end up around fifteenth again. I believe Rafa will be different and knows that the most important thing for the long term future is to achieve CL qualification again this year. The more automatic the better but in real terms he needs another season with us at least. :Oo:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:04 pm

nobody in their right mind could ever expect to win the title in his first season. our squad just isn't storng enough in key areas, especially centre back and upfront. a top 3 finish would be an exceptional achievement this season. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sean » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:07 pm

I'm delighted to see that the youngsters are being given an opportunity.  Don'tjudge them after one or two appearances.  Remember when Ian Rush was introduced to the first team in 1981 it took him around 15 games before he began to show his true potential.....perhaps we should have been more supportive and patien with Neil Mellor.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:17 pm

I think Rafa decided the tie was won and decided to try a couple fringe players before the likes of alonso & co start in  the first team. I agree we were awful last night it did'nt come off , but don't start going all doom & gloom over one game that has not cost us anything cos we're through and thats all that matters.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenny`s mate » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:04 pm

i thought liverpool were poor last night,lfc seem to go to sleep after the first 15 mins and stuggle in the first few games.i think it will take cisse a few more games to get up prem pace.in the spurs game we played well for the first half and thought yes getting back to old ways,then we did the days of GH,giving the game away cheaply,jury`s still out on this season after last night.
kenny`s mate

Postby adayinthelife » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:15 pm

Boocity wrote:I think Rafa decided the tie was won and decided to try a couple fringe players before the likes of alonso & co start in  the first team. I agree we were awful last night it did'nt come off , but don't start going all doom & gloom over one game that has not cost us anything cos we're through and thats all that matters.

I agree.

The players didn't perform but yet Benitez must take his share of the blame as after he said he didn't like what he saw after 25mins.

He therefore should have made changes alot sooner than he did and the game was crying out for Hamann to come on in place of that lump diao.

Having said that I believe we have a class manager and he will learn alot from last nights game. :D
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:28 pm

Saturday will be a different team and we WILL play better!!

Dudek

Josemi Carragher Hyppia Riise

Garcia Alonso Gerrard Warnock

Baros  Cisse

:) :)
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:30 pm

i think we're being harsh on Benitez.  What yesterday showed and exposed horribly was a GENUINE LACK OF CLASS FOOTBALLERS at Liverpool football club.

Im not talking Centre backs or right siders or strikers...wotever. 

Im talking genuine footballers who can master a football and make it theirs.  Footballers playing off-the-cuff without tactics and formation, but playing according to the situation by themselves. i.e being 3-1 down and then going 4-3 up within 10 minutes.

IF you put ALL of these players into another Club that doesn't have the Aura, Mystique, Support and History of Liverpool Football CLub they'be in around the 14\15th position in the lge.

Only becoz of this did we manage 4th. And only becoz of this we'll manage some success. 

Sorry for the negatie post :down:
109-1093441336

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion