I dread the worst....tuesday night! - Gut feeling.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue May 03, 2005 12:55 am

Dont know what you guys feel like, after the rollercoaster of a season so far.
How long can the Jekyll and hyde performances carry on for, in the prem and champions league?

I feel nervous about the second leg at anfield, not just because we are playing the newly crowned champions, or carling cup winners, or the fact the Jose Mourhinio's blatant arrogance and mind tricks seem to put the pressure on the reds, but the fact that .......................
How the hell can we be confident going into any game, knowing that we have lost 10 away games, struggle to win or create chances at home, have to rely on stevie g 99% of the time, and have no decent strikers available (including baros).

I think chelsea will be supremely confident, and  even if the Kop do sing to the top of their lungs, will this effect what will happen on the pitch?

I have read confident interview on LFC.tv website, by Carra, Stevie and Riise,  and the seem supremely confident too, but if so, why didnt the produce the goods versus boro.

I can see chelsea scoring, but dont know if we can react effectively.

Its hold your head in your hands time.
:help
65-1114725958

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue May 03, 2005 1:15 am

Struggle to win at home!?! Arsenal, Leverkusen, Juventus, Monaco, Olympiacos, Everton... Now to add the Sh*tski bum-burners to the list tonight(please)! We need to spur the lads on to a victory. Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue May 03, 2005 1:21 am

How the hell can we be confident going into any game, knowing that we have lost 10 away games, struggle to win or create chances at home, have to rely on stevie g 99% of the time, and have no decent strikers available (including baros).

Well we're not playing away now are we Einstein? We're playing at home so away statistics are quite irrevelant, league form is irrevelant.

Struggle to win at home? We have one of the best home records.

We rely on Steven Gerrard? Please watch some of our earlier Champions League performances. Such as the game against Leverkusen when there was no Steven Gerrard, or the game against Juventus in Turin where there was also no Steven Gerrard.

I think chelsea will be supremely confident, and  even if the Kop do sing to the top of their lungs, will this effect what will happen on the pitch?

Del Piero said that after the game at Anfield he felt sick physically because the atmosphere was so strong.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue May 03, 2005 3:06 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:Dont know what you guys feel like, after the rollercoaster of a season so far.
How long can the Jekyll and hyde performances carry on for, in the prem and champions league?

I feel nervous about the second leg at anfield, not just because we are playing the newly crowned champions, or carling cup winners, or the fact the Jose Mourhinio's blatant arrogance and mind tricks seem to put the pressure on the reds, but the fact that .......................

I have read confident interview on LFC.tv website, by Carra, Stevie and Riise,  and the seem supremely confident too, but if so, why didnt the produce the goods versus boro.

I can see chelsea scoring, but dont know if we can react effectively.

Its hold your head in your hands time.
:help

your the only one on this forum that thinks this.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue May 03, 2005 3:22 am

For reasons i cant explain im very confident about tonight
In fact more confident then before a few other cup ties.
Though rightly we go into the match as underdogs
It just seems right for us to take what we do deserve and for cheatski to finally get their just desserts
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Tue May 03, 2005 3:26 am

C'mon ! be positive....ok we're inconsistent domestically...but when was the last time we got beaten in this season's CL? we were unbeaten for 5 straight games already, something that's quite impossible in premiership this season. By the way, Chelski lost all the away games since the group stages against FC Porto. Have faith in the lads. We will win!
YNWA
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue May 03, 2005 3:54 am

We'll win tonight, and win in Turkey. Then riot all over Europe as champions! Then probably not get into the Champions League next year, and then the cup will lose all its glory, and become extinct like the Cup Winners Cup, and inevitably be called the Mickey Mouse cup, which Manchester United will win in consecutive years cos all the gloss and shine will be taken out of it cos they wont let us defend it next season. Win the last one Reds, GO YOU LIVERPOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue May 03, 2005 4:41 am

Liverpool must win ... or have to win ... DIE DIE must win .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby akumaface » Tue May 03, 2005 4:49 am

We will win for sure. It doesn't matter how many times we had lost to Chelski this year. If we are destine to beat Chelski only one time this year, this is it. I'm sure this thought will be in many players mind and I have no doubt we will kick the sh*t out of them. Again, for those who are lucky to watch the game live at Anfield, please cheer on my behalf and remember to do the Shhhhhhh thing to Morinho for me haha.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 03, 2005 4:51 am

I reckon we will win and its good to see fellow supporters thinking so to.

I also reckon if the players themselves are as positive (not cocky) as we are ,then it will improve their chances even more so.

If they erradicate the defeats in the league and that cup final, and have a good positive attitude i think half the the job is done.

COME ON YOU REDS !! :D
66-1112520797

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue May 03, 2005 7:04 am

If we don't win i'll eat my shoe.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Tue May 03, 2005 8:59 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:If we don't win i'll eat my shoe.

i will eat my hat
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Tue May 03, 2005 9:04 am

this alfonso alonso really needs his head checking out, we are finally back in the big time, the semi final of the european cup,

90 mins is all that stands between us and the final, fans like u make me sick, we are finally here and its been 20 unbearable years since we were at this stage the last time,

i am so excited and the past few weeks has reminded me of how great it is to be considered 1 of the supporters of our clubs great fanbase, we may not get to be at this stage again for some time so what i suggest is loosen up, find a way to get excited cos tonight anfield is gonna be rocking!!
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby amus » Tue May 03, 2005 10:26 am

we can do it we must be confidant and hold our heads high. it will be a nervous 90mins i know but we are a confidant team and we can do it. i know we havn't done well this season but i feel we can do it, and win tonight. Then bring on AC Milan.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"     "Up the reds"

"Come on boys do it for the fans "

:D
amus

Postby el_stinger » Tue May 03, 2005 10:39 am

Nando wrote:
chiggz_likes_owen wrote:If we don't win i'll eat my shoe.

i will eat my hat

I will eat my own load!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion