I actually think we will qualify for europe this..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:02 pm

I was looking at our remaining schedule and I actually think we will qualify for Europe this season.  We are currently 4 points behind spurs, and they have a game at hand.  Well let's just say that game at hand is the one against us, and as long as we do our job against them at home, we are only 4 points behind them.

Our remaining tough fixtures:

Home to Man City- I think we will win because we are home and they have been playing bad lately.

Away to Arsenal- Arsenal have been playing very badly lately, so I could see us stealing a draw, tho I'm expecting a loss.

Away to Fulham- Fulham are a b!tch to beat at the Cottage, but I still think we can, if not a draw.

Spurs's remaining tough fixtures:

Home to Arsenal- Spur's can't seem to play Arsenal, no matter what. 

Away to Chelsea- Chelsea are the hottest team in the prem right now.

Away to City- Both teams are playing badly, but City are pretty good at home.

Away to Liverpool- As stated earlier, I'm expecting 3 points from this one, tho it could very well decide who goes into Europe.

Liverpool have played very well lately and Spurs have been on a cold streak.  They have gained the least amount of points out of the top 6 since Dalglish has arrived and with their tough schedule coming up, I can see them dropping a lot more points. As long as we do our job at home, they will only need to drop 4 more points then us, and I can easily see them doing that with the schedule they have compared to the schedule we have.

What do you guys think? Another season of Euro or am I getting ahead of myself?

A whole other subject by the way... 8 points behind City and we play them at home, we do our job and we are only 5 points behind them.  They only play away to Everton and home to Spurs tho, so they may not be dropping so many points.  However, they have been the 2nd worst team out of the top 6 since Dalglish has arrived, only earning 1 more point then spurs.  They have a few key injuries in Tevez and Richards, and Balotelli continues to get in trouble.

Not saying that could happen, but there's still hope!

:buttrock
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:16 pm

There is hope ill give you that and we are playing well but i think we will fall a little short. Points dropped before Xmas will come back to haunt us. We were beat twice this season by Blackpool. If we had won both them games we would be ahead of Spurs in the table now!  :down:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Dundalk wrote:There is hope ill give you that and we are playing well but i think we will fall a little short. Points dropped before Xmas will come back to haunt us. We were beat twice this season by Blackpool. If we had won both them games we would be ahead of Spurs in the table now!  :down:

Ya, it's hard not to look back and say "what if?" when you drop points to teams like blackpool and wolves, but spurs are thinking the same thing.  They are still playing bad tho, and if we keep playing as well as we have, get our team injury free (Agger, Gerrard and Kelly) I really believe that we will nick the Europa spot, and I refuse to rule out the champions league.  I know it's not realistic, but it keeps me excited  :nod

Honestly, I think it will all come down to our home game against spurs.  I think our points will be very close to each other, within 3, and if we win then we take it.  If we draw or lose, then it's probably theirs.
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:23 pm

There is a chance, but I don't think we will make it. We still have some hard games coming up, especially against Arsenal away from home. We don't have the sort of consistency or quality to keep a winning run.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:28 pm

I think Liverpool being shorn of European football next season could be a good thing ,and I suspect not having the distraction of turgid Thursday night football will have a profound effect on our overall performances .I also suspect our having only the Prem and domestic cups to compete for will have fuelled some serious debates from those down the East Lancs ,which is why Taggart will strengthen his squad this Summer in an attempt to ward off the threat of a resurgent Liverpool led by the only manager Fergie actually fears .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:38 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I think Liverpool being shorn of European football next season could be a good thing ,and I suspect not having the distraction of turgid Thursday night football will have a profound effect on our overall performances .I also suspect our having only the Prem and domestic cups to compete for will have fuelled some serious debates from those down the East Lancs ,which is why Taggart will strengthen his squad this Summer in an attempt to ward off the threat of a resurgent Liverpool led by the only manager Fergie actually fears .

Its a good thing as we can concentrate on the league. Its a bad thing if we want to keep the best players. But... any player who don't stick by us through thick and thin, can fook off
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:59 pm

dawson99 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I think Liverpool being shorn of European football next season could be a good thing ,and I suspect not having the distraction of turgid Thursday night football will have a profound effect on our overall performances .I also suspect our having only the Prem and domestic cups to compete for will have fuelled some serious debates from those down the East Lancs ,which is why Taggart will strengthen his squad this Summer in an attempt to ward off the threat of a resurgent Liverpool led by the only manager Fergie actually fears .

Its a good thing as we can concentrate on the league. Its a bad thing if we want to keep the best players. But... any player who don't stick by us through thick and thin, can fook off

I agree ,lets start the season getting  so close to the Mancs that we can taste Taggarts chewing gum before he does ... ok maybe not that close ,I just made myself sick  :Oo:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:03 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

I agree ,lets start the season getting  so close to the Mancs that we can taste Taggarts chewing gum before he does ... ok maybe not that close ,I just made myself sick  :Oo:

It is funny, you can physically see whiskeynose squirm when KK is mentioned :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Berbatov's been winding him up saying "He's behind you " and jumping out on him with a Kenny mask on :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:27 pm

we were going to do it before this fuker jinxed it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby neil » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:36 pm

I think its imperitive we're involved in European footy whether its thurs nights or not. You simply cannot put a price on the experience. We should be back in the CL the season after next and what we dont want to do is go into that competition after 18 months in the wilderness, no way. Not to mention some players that may not sign as a result of no euro footy.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:47 pm

I want the new squad we should have, have time to gel together.  Europa starts before the prem and if we get a couple games before the league starts with our new squad, we should be in better shape then most the other clubs.
ethanr

Postby shabelle50 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:58 pm

If we win every game it's possible but still unlikely. The rule that says the FA cup runners up qualify for Europe but if Birmingham had lost to Arsenal in the leage cup final would have meant they would have missed out has always been a silly loophole that the FA should have resolved years ago. Obviously Blues deserve to be in Europe for beating Arsenal at Wembley but if Stoke reach the cup final and still get tonked 4-0 by United, finishing 12th in the premier league 20 points behind Liverpool in 6th how is it right that we miss out on Europe?
shabelle50

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Berbatov's been winding him up saying "He's behind you " and jumping out on him with a Kenny mask on :D

:laugh:  imagine.

Sir Whiskey nose is definitely scared :;):

They might get 19 but we will get 20 before them :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:29 pm

ethanr wrote:Our remaining tough fixtures:

Home to Man City- I think we will win because we are home and they have been playing bad lately.

Away to Arsenal- Arsenal have been playing very badly lately, so I could see us stealing a draw, tho I'm expecting a loss.

Away to Fulham- Fulham are a b!tch to beat at the Cottage, but I still think we can, if not a draw.

Spurs's remaining tough fixtures:

Home to Arsenal- Spur's can't seem to play Arsenal, no matter what. 

Away to Chelsea- Chelsea are the hottest team in the prem right now.

Away to City- Both teams are playing badly, but City are pretty good at home.

Away to Liverpool- As stated earlier, I'm expecting 3 points from this one, tho it could very well decide who goes into Europe.

Not bad.

There is a chance. I have faith in our lads.

Cross fingers  :grinning:
Alex88

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion