I actually think we will qualify for europe this..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:59 pm

The Good Yank wrote:Well today will really hurt in the end.  Spurs and Chelsea both get one point against Wigan and Stoke, so the door was open.  Martin Atkinson shut it. :(

Ya Atkinson really fecked us... I'm not even worreid about catching chelski but we should have had 3 points today... Easily could ahve had a pen in the first, their second pen was absolute garbage and they should have had a player sent off.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:00 pm

The Good Yank wrote:Well today will really hurt in the end.  Spurs and Chelsea both get one point against Wigan and Stoke, so the door was open.  Martin Atkinson shut it. :(

We can blame the officials all we want, we got our fare share of Ref decisions our way this season, the only blame goes to how average our team is, we need to get rid of around 7-8 players this summer.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:01 pm

dawson99 wrote:

The whole team shut the door dude

I know, and I'm not a big fan for blaming ref's decisions on a game, but it's the easy way out right now.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:08 pm

The Good Yank wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

I know, and I'm not a big fan for blaming ref's decisions on a game, but it's the easy way out right now.

cost me about 150 in an acca, so im happy to blame anything. But we never take advantage of other teams playing badly, we suck
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 pm

dawson99 wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

cost me about 150 in an acca, so im happy to blame anything. But we never take advantage of other teams playing badly, we suck

quite the opposite.
westbrom have been on the up under woy and have been in good form of late.
with the woy history they were always gonna be up for this one and they didnt let him down.
we've played like that a few times already this season so it wasnt really a surprise we got beat.
your right though we do suck :sniffle
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Missed a real opportunity to aply a bit of pressure on Spurs and Chelsea, particularly with them both playing in Europe this week. I think that pretty does so far as our chances of qualifiying for Europe next season. It's not the end of the world and maybe we'll actually put together a couple of domestic cup runs for the first time since 2006 next season.

It's been a dissapointing season and i guess it had just as well end as quickly as possible in many ways but we've got new owners, we've got a manager the fanbase can unite behind, there's some money in the bank and we've brought in an absolute gem of a player in little Luez Suarez so things aren't so bad. Genuine optimism for next year.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:19 pm

the remaining games for the teams challenging for 4th or 5th spots:

Man City
Liverpool Away
Blackburn Away
West Ham Home
Everton Away
Spurs Home
Stoke Home
Bolton Away

Chelsea
Wigan Home
WBA Away
Birmingham Home
West Ham Home
Spurs Home
Man Utd Away
Newcastle Home
Everton Away

Spurs
Stoke Home
Arsenal Home
WBA Home
Chelsea Away
Blackpool Home
Man City Away
Liverpool Away
Birmingham Home

Liverpool
Man City Home
Arsenal Away
Birmingham Home
Newcastle Home
Fulham Away
Spurs Home
Villa Away

Current Table

3 Man City 31 16 8 7 50 27 +23 56pts
4 Chelsea 30 16 7 7 54 25 +29 55pts
5 Spurs 30 13 11 6 41 34 +7 50pts
6 Liverpool 31 13 6 12 42 38 +4 45pts

the dilemma bugging me is our game against Arsenal. i'm having mixed emotions with that one as i do want Arsenal to win the league.
Spurs has to face Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea and us.
there's a high chance we could beat them to 5th spot even though they have a game in hand.
i doubt Chelsea will not qualify for the ECL as they have a fairly easy run with only 2 tough games in the shape of Man Utd and Spurs.
and i hope they beat them both!
Man City are gonna take 3rd place i'm pretty sure.

i can't wait for the season to be over. yet another season where we have to depend on other team's failures to gain success. and most of the time, we fail to capitalize on it. it's clear we don't have a champions mentality. we don't have the swagger, determination and the grit. not yet though. with new arrivals, we'll be a huge force next season. the players ought to adapt the mentality of someone like Bellamy, Suarez or Mash. they have this never say die attitude which is a joy to watch.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:30 pm

game over as far as Europe is concerned but I wasn't too fussed about the wafer cup anyway, maybe best to have some domestic concentration for a season without loads of midweek games. Should give the lads a much needed kick up the @rse to chase for fourth next season. We haven't got the squad at the moment to compete on all the fronts anyway so a break from europe isn't a bad thing
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:32 pm

As strange as it sounds, that's a bad set of fixtures for us actually. We've beaten Utd and Chelsea but lost to West Brom and Wigan.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:31 pm

If City finish 4th or above, Stoke or Bolton get Europa. If City finish 5th and win FA Cup - 6th place gets Europa.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:42 am

Well City will more than likely win the FA Cup but I don't see Spurs beating them out for 4th.. it really is a toss up at this point though.  I would love us to be back in Europe but at the same time the Europa League adds so many matches, we'd be a stronger team so maybe we could cope with all the games and its a good way to get young players some playing time.. That said I'm not really too bothered with it to be honest but it is another possibility for a trophy which is what we really need so in the end I want us to get in there regardless of how we get in.
Zidane

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:59 am

Part of me hopes we dont qualify for the europa.
But saying that, the teams in it are sh'ite and we would easily win it next year
Thommo's perm

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:13 am

We probably will qualify for Europa one way or another.  Lets hope Arsenal beat Spurs next and then we still have to play them as well.  Maybe we can still finish 5th?  If not, City will probably win the FA Cup and finish in the top 4 meaning we'll qualify for Europa.

All we can do now is keep winning games and pray the bitters dont pass us.  that would be a nightmare!
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Not the Europa, it's dire now.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Europe's in for a treat next season. Birmingham and Stoke.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion