How we can win the premiership next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dundreamin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:06 pm

And me!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:10 pm

I think its a massive ask to win the league next season, 7th and 6th place finishes in the last two seasons would take a monumental effort to win the league. I know we finally have stability but that doesn't mean a 5 place jump in the league, there's still a lot of issues to address in the side now and we MUST spend wisely if we're going to get close.

Kenny always says this and I 100% agree, just take it one game at a time, don't look at the table, tot it up and the end and we are where we deserve to be

CL places next year and I for one would be chuffed

The thought of Gerrard back in the midfield is giving me a lot more confidence tho, cannot wait to see him running the show again - hopefully he'll have one of his best next season, if so then we should be a lot closer. Based on how we performed without him it'll be like a new signing coming straight in. In fact the midfield doesn't look half as bad once his name is stuck in imo.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Zidane » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:45 pm

If we get all of our top targets and stay away from major injuries I think we have a very good chance of winning it.
Zidane

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Please, why can't we try one step at a time?

We have just finshed 6th and 7th 2 years in a row, have been through hell the last few years and as soon as that is over we talk about league titles?

We have made 1 siging in Henderson and the filth who won has already signed Jones and Young. In my book that takes us even further from challenging.

There have never been so many teams aspiring for CL places as there is now and in this harsh climate I would be chuffed just gettting to the CL next season as that is going to be tougher than ever before.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Penguins wrote:Please, why can't we try one step at a time?

We have just finshed 6th and 7th 2 years in a row, have been through hell the last few years and as soon as that is over we talk about league titles?

We have made 1 siging in Henderson and the filth who won has already signed Jones and Young. In my book that takes us even further from challenging.

There have never been so many teams aspiring for CL places as there is now and in this harsh climate I would be chuffed just gettting to the CL next season as that is going to be tougher than ever before.

actually agree with this, we can all hope for better but realism is needed sometimes.
Top 4 this season would be progress.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ethanr » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:10 pm

The way I look at it is this.

Last year, we did quite well against the top clubs during the second half of the season, in fact our record against the top clubs resembles that of a club that would win the premier league. 

Now how did we do this you ask, with a mediocre team missing their start CM?  Because we are Liverpool Football Club.  We have the history and the faith of the fans.  Other teams are terrified to come play us at Anfield.  Smaller teams are more confident of stealing a point against us at Anfield than the larger clubs feeling they can actually win.

The reason we finished so low is because our form against garbage clubs was inconsistent.  We stabilize the club and get players in that that make us a better, more rounded club and we will pick up many points that we dropped last year to these garbage teams.  We can play so well against the better teams, but slack a bit against the weaker teams.  Hopefully a stronger team will be able to completely dominate the worse clubs and we won't struggle so much next season.

Do I think we will win it next season? No, probably not.  But we are the very last club that I will count out.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:01 am

Well i was the only one in yates at a certain half time in 2005 who said we are going to win this. Almost turned into a fight in the toilets!  I believed when nobody else did. And 6 years on i believe we can win the prem next season. And why not?
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:09 am

Gerrard hasn't been at his best for two seasons now.  If this surgery gets him back to his best we'll have a shot.  We don't need too many new players a good winger and a good left back.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:49 am

consistancy....thats what we need.

Its great performing against the bigger teams, but all the hard work is for nothing when we drop points where we shouldn't......

We need to be much tougher mentally, and more ruthless..we HAVE to improve our away form drastically, and keep Anfield as a fortress.

All that and 4th place could be ours.....with a bit of luck maybe more
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:27 pm

with the only signing thus far being henderson i dont think we will be within a sniff of the title.
we need to see more arrivals in key positions that need addressed to be realistic with a shot of winning it outright.
as others above pointed out we also need consistency and gerrard back to his best then we have a good a shot as anyone.
i do think we can mount a challenge for 4th with the current squad but that can be anything up to 20 pts off 1st.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:19 am

Omg can we be positive. This time last year we were deep in the s.*i*e. now  the whole senario has changed. Stop f.ucking whinging get behind kenny and BELIEVE. Stop the negativity AND BELIEVE
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:31 am

Liverpool sometimes likes to keep transfer news behind closed doors. In January, the signing of Carroll was out of the blue for us but for Kenny and Commolli, I'm sure they worked hard to get him. We've not made anymore signings since Henderson and it looks like we're not going to get the notable ones like Wickham, Mata. Let's hope Liverpool are keeping their transfer target news under wraps. To be blunt, we're finding it hard to get the top names because we cannot offer CL and not even Europa football next season.

One thing I know for sure, without at least 5 great signings, we're out of CL race, period. And stop being in fantasy land that we're going to win the PL next season if we continue with the current squad. I guarantee it.
alwayslfc

Postby alwayslfc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:34 am

dundreamin wrote:Omg can we be positive. This time last year we were deep in the s.*i*e. now  the whole senario has changed. Stop f.ucking whinging get behind kenny and BELIEVE. Stop the negativity AND BELIEVE

[quote]
The management of Liverpool is in safe hands under Kenny but without quality players injected, Kenny's hands are tied and there's a ceiling to how much he can do.
alwayslfc

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion