How we can win the premiership next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Dundalk wrote:I think if we get more points then all the other teams then we have a good chance

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:47 pm

dawson99 wrote:If next sea goiwe canbbeatepqqpq@.?,, j

This is where you lost me. We can't win the premiership, we don't have the funds. Its now all business, the sport of it is dead

mate kenny has been given 80mil, if he spends it the right way we will win something next year, the prem? well we will give it a bloody good go, and i tell you what, we are moving forward and the rest are moving backwards.

Man u wone it this year playing :censored: football, if we had sorted things out sooner there would have been a great chance that we could have won it this year, look at our result in the closing months, i think we was 2nd.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:02 pm

metalhead wrote:Has Man City won the league yet? judging from your post it says that they already did ??? City will spend millions, so will Mancs, Liverpool, Chelsea and to an extent Arsenal, so basically how is that buying the league? Chelsea and Man City have outspend the Mancs in the past 3 years, but who came on top? the Mancs, did they win it because they ''bought'' the league by spending more than 100m on players in one season? NO

Thats a very valid point, I look at city and believe even if Mancini had the barca team, he still wouldn't win it, Its not just about spending millions on expensive players its about the club set up, the right manager, the right coaching staff and an in-depth squad not just full of expensive primadonnas
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Would the mange won the prem so many times without Sir S.hit head at the helm?  Its not all about who spends the most,look at cheatski still without a European cup. And as for buying the league when we were winning it we virtually outspent the rest so did we buy it?  My passion for LFC is intense as ever.
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:15 pm

''buying the league'' argument is b*llox, look at Real Madrid, they bought players worth 300m in one season and they still fail to beat Barca for the title, who field players who are product of the academy and are passionate about their club.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:42 am

IMHO, can we win it next season? No (Pls prove me wrong LFC). Can we finish in top 4? Most likely. Based on what they are doing now in actively seeking for quality players to sign, FSG is serious about strengthening the squad with quality and depth. This is a good sign. However, it looks like the players we want to sign in every department won't be our first choices as they will prefer to go to the top 4 PL teams and top clubs throughout Europe, this is the price we have to pay for not qualifying for CL football. Of course there are a few exceptions like Suarez, a world class player who was overlooked by the top teams offering CL football next season. If Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal had wanted him, I'm sure he would have opted to go there than us. So luck was on our side.

So we'll end up buying players who are not wanted by those teams but still good enough to replace those mediocre players we need to rid off this summer. That is why I believe we won't win the PL yet next season but will most likely qualify for CL and then in summer 2012, we will have the bargaining power to sign the best and then we can start talking about winning the PL again.

Despite what I've said, like one of you said earlier, we still need to give a bl**dy good go at winning the PL next season. Come on you Reds, YNWA.
alwayslfc

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:26 am

Dundalk wrote:I think if we get more points then all the other teams then we have a good chance

Yeah I agree..I think we should focus our priority by making sure we scored more goals than the opposition, that way we will win more games than not
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:50 am

dundreamin wrote:Would the mange won the prem so many times without Sir S.hit head at the helm? 

Man.utd started winning the league and eventually caught us and passed us to 19 titles purely because Kenny stepped down.

Kenny steps down ...     man.utd started picking up titles.

nothing to do with whisky face. i won't give him any credit for any of it.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby paisleyred » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:42 pm

I don't see any reason why we couldn't win the league next season.
Dalglish is bringing in players from mediocre teams that are only going to get better with better players around them.
All the press talk of building a league winning team being a gradual process is bollox.
Kenny will take it one game at a time and over the course of a season if our form is good then 19 won't be far away.
paisleyred

Postby jimmy brighton » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Well someone seems to think so;

"Luis Suarez eyes Liverpool title bid

Page last updated at 10:56 GMT, Monday, 13 June 2011 11:56 UK
Suarez scored four goals in 13 games after joining Liverpool in January
Luis Suarez says Liverpool can compete for the Premier League title next season if they repeat the form they showed in the second half of last term.

The Reds picked up 34 points from 18 games following Kenny Dalglish's return to Anfield as manager in January.

"The form we showed over the second half of the season bodes well," the Uruguay striker told LFC weekly.Suarez, a £22.7m arrival from Ajax in January, said: "We've been playing well and I think we've been getting into the type of form that we know we'll have to keep up for a whole season if we want to be title contenders.

"This is something we're optimistic about for next season and if we can hit the ground running and maintain the good form, then I think we've got a good chance of doing well."
bbc website.

Anyone know what odds the bookies have got on us doing it next seaon?
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Our form in the second half of the season was very good but not good enough to win a PL.
The only way we'll challenge is if we can get off to a good start.  hopefully the fixture list is a bit kinder to us this year and we wont have Arsenal, City and the Mancs in our first 5 games. 

I just hope our fans and owners are patient and realistic. We can't expect this new look team to gel immediately. Kenny will have to find a system that works and his best first 11.

i fear we'll be a bit inconsistent and the title will slip away from us while we try to figure out what works best.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:42 pm

I think part of the reason we are trying to buy everybody right now is that so when preseason training comes, our main squad will have been put together and will have a little bit of time to gel.  Obviously they won't have be playing perfect football yet, but we may have that much of a jump on everybody else.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby crim cram » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:11 pm

There is more and more money being spread around the league, which means more parity top to bottom (if the money gets reinvested).  Expect similar point totals next year to win the league (high 70's -low 80's).  This means we need quality in depth something all the squads challenging will have.  Two top players for every position.  I think its possible, but we're competing for players signatures with teams who are in the CL.  Building for the future seems to be top priority, not the league next year, which is the correct policy.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 pm

My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:48 am

tubby wrote:Just a great video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0fIyxel_j0

made me smile that
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion