How much riise in rafas paella?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 82-1096093233 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:08 pm

Just wonderin what the thoughts were on Riise. Not sure of him as left back anymore after Watford game but for me he is on form and solid at left midfield.

A bit of a blunt instrument (somein described him as one dimensional which sums him up nicely) and is on form presently and scoring goals so big plus but has he reached his limit and what is the future for him when Kewell is back etc.

For me honest and solid but at his peak.
82-1096093233

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:15 pm

I think he's showing the form he was displaying in his first season.  Doesn't really let you down does he?  Very strong in the tackle.  A bit more concentration and he will be a definite must in the starting 11 (I actually think he should be anyway.)
jonnymac1979

Postby Redrider » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:46 am

His ball control is still poor, he loses a lot of possession. Are there any Opta stats for Riise and lost passes ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby 111-1105616639 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:55 pm

Redrider wrote:His ball control is still poor, he loses a lot of possession. Are there any Opta stats for Riise and lost passes ?

shut up statto, the lad is brilliant, he is one of our core players
111-1105616639

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:58 pm

I like him, think he is solid and dangerous going forward. When Carragher was playing at left back he didn't offer much going forward (centre back suits him better) and the modern game needs it. Risse can play full back or on wing.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:53 pm

he seems to be able to riise to the occaision most games now.

???

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:57 pm

I think Carra is having his best ever season with us , I never got excited about him before ,playing at full back he always seemed afraid of crossing the half way line but at centre back he's been a revelation .
Riise is not the perfect package but I love it when he's playing at left mid or interchanging with Warnock,you know when he gets near the area given the chance he'll unleash one of his net busting rocket shots, again another player who is showing fine form under Rafa.
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:00 pm

Riise will always be a good player, it's just whether he can go on to be a great one; time is still on his side (like Baros and Alonso, he is just 23). He has had some very good games at left back and left midfield, and remains an important - if not essential - player, with Traore and Kewell competing for those two positions. JAR's defending has improved since Rafa's first instruction to him: stop diving in (frankly, it needed saying). His game last season had become about running around like a headless chicken and kicking the ball as far and as hard as was humanly possible, but this season he's using his brain a little more. I honestly felt he'd be surplus to Rafa's requirements, given the long-ball instincts to his game, but he has proven that he can fit in to the new philosophy. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby XSD » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:46 pm

Riise is probably the most useful player in our squad now. He is dedicated to LFC, a good player, can do left back or left wing. As someone else said he is at the core of our squad and has been involved in almost every game this season. A Norweigan Carragher :)
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:54 pm

XSD wrote:A Norweigan Carragher :)

with the ability of creating and scoring goals
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion