How long as he got? - AKA "Rafa's Last Chance" thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:22 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Ciggy wrote:FFS why cant people quote properly jesus christ.

I think you are doing ti wrong Ciggy this way people can read the whole point not just bits i want them to see which is unfair.

Proaganda is no way to win a war of words.

This multiple quoting malarky is pathetic its just to make peoples posts look bigger when they type one or two lines.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:24 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
bigmick wrote:The point about the quoting thing is valid. When you quote the initial post, what your response to it was, what he said back, how you countered that, his smart comeback, your smart retort, his fecking petty little remark and you telling him to feck off and then finally the bit where he went off on one it doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is because it's b0ll0cks.

? what the fook you on about time for you medication I think mick.  :lookaround

Medication? If you mean the couple of bottles of local Sav blanc ( not that I'm any wine buff, it's the cheapest and best over here) I've already had it. I'll be off to me scratcher before long to sleep it off.

The quote thing though is true. it may not be the easiest thing to digest if it it forms a large part of your posting style, but it's true nontheless.

It remains an irrefutable fact, nothing personal and all that because it makes not a jot of difference who is actually doing it, that multiple quoting is utter b0ll0cks. Some things are open to debate, but others (Gerrard on the left wing, Bolo Zenden anywhere, Fernando Morientes not being suited to English football, etc etc) aren't.

Multiple quoting, regardless of who does it, is, always has been, and always will be, b0ll0cks.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:25 pm

LegBarnes wrote:Could have got downing , Milner , Lennon , Joaquin , Ribery , Rothen , Govou , Simao , Maxi , Vicente.

Just to name a few good top wingers I rate.

Lennon would be ideal! Pace and gets to the byline
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:23 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:Why would Rafa be gone if DIC came in ? Maybe they would back him with big bucks to go for the league ? Apart from the odd few voices Rafa is loved by the fans and DIC would know this .And werent we top scorers last year ? i know we were first to get to 100 goals so how does that make rafa limited as an attacking coach ?

Because If DIC come in they be looking to invest 500 mil in the club.

No way they going to keep a manager who has been not great in league and sets up teams to draw vrs teams like villa.

They will bring in some one who is agressive and can spend a transfer budget of say 80 mil a season 3-4 top players rather then 10 stop gaps.

Rafa has had to buy stop gaps due to not having 80 mil pound to spend on players every summer - look at the players he has got when he is able to spend big - torres and masher to name two - he knows the players he wants but unfortuantly limited budgets have meant he has had to settle for second choice - not his fault yet despite all this we are still up there with the best - just a couple more 20 mil players needed - give rafa the money to do that and then you will see us .

Set up for a draw after loosing our best striker ? yet brough another striker on ?? maybe he was abit cautious with the sub for yossi but he didnt start that game going for a draw - he picked the best 11 he had and we had chances to win - they just werent taken - keane for example.

You are missing the my point he has had the money ever season to buy top players but due to his ideas of rotation he buys many players over a few top players.

Any one who defends last nights game gets no respect from me at all.

It was one of the worst teams i have seen setup ever end off!

How much has he had to spend this summer then ? seems to me he has had to sell ti raise cash to get players . last summer was the first summer he really had a chance to spend big and did it very well indeed .

And lets not go into rotation again as every club does it - but the difference is the mancs and chelsea have better more expensive and higher quality options to bring in do rotate because they have been able to spend more money . yeah rafa could blow his whole budget on one player every summer - what happens when that player gets injured ? and how many games can that player play before beiing fecked - take arsenal for example last year - started off great but had no options to bring on throughout the season and faded aw\y due to tiredness.

and if you think yesterdays came was set up the worst ever you got a very short memory as remember GH teams,evans teams, souness teams being far far far worse than that . getting a draw at a top 6 team was a good result at the end of the day .

I was talking about in rafas era with setup.

Yes he had to sell to buy but that doesn't meen after he has sold he didn't have the cash there to buy a few top players.

he sold players and had enough for a 20 mil pound striker and a 7-8 mil left back (which was needed ) and now it seems a 8 mil left sided midfielder which is definatly needed plus a few kids .

so this summer he has got top players just like last summer bar voronin .

Well you speak to soon about this seasons buys to judge if they are top buys yet is madness , since if they don't perform then they can't be deemed top players can they ?

As for 20 mil striker we don't need him he is to old and isn't prolific more link up player which we don't need , we need width.

Been saying we need width all summer but who could we off got ?

Well SWP agent contacted us and we said no.

Could have got downing , Milner , Lennon , Joaquin , Ribery , Rothen , Govou , Simao , Maxi , Vicente.

Do you really see chelsea letting us buy SWP ?

Milner prob agree with but then is he top quality ?

Lennon has been off for a season now but wcould be an option .

Joaquin since moving to valencia has gone downhill and has never shown his potential .

Ribery - do we have a spare 30 mil ?

Rothen - did well for monaco about 4 odd years ago - since then nothing and must 30 something now

Govou- not a bad option

Simao- only went to A Madrid last season - cant see Madrid selling him to us

Maxi- another good option but same as above

Vicente - spends more time on the physio table than kewell

Would add silva to the list but seems to want to stay in spain , another wouold be benzema but would need 30 mil for him .

Podolski wouold of goven us width and back up to striker

Scwhinstiger ?! - not sure how much he would cost

Quesrma- dont rate

Downing - think would of been great

Reira - have to see what he does.

So realistically which ones could we of got

Also Ben Art Hema (Sp) would of been a good option but went to marseille.

Fact is it took us both 5-10 mins to work that out why on earth rafa and his team have had all summer and they only come up with a gamble type player for wings that is problem.

Poor management/scouting.

Isn't right for liverpool It won't do !

Scwhinstiger yes i missed him i do rate him highly.

Maybe they have mate - just havent had either the funds to get them or the club wouldnt sell them. he seems to been after reira all summer so it seems he has looked at the width being problem - im pretty sure if he had chelsea money he would of spent big bucks on one of those players .

im pretty sure these players have been spotted its getting them that is the problem .

Aye maybe theres some thruth in that but i go back to rafa interview he said he only likes grounded players.

Mabye this is reason he don't like the classic winger as they are mostly flair players and yes they do come witht he cost of an ego.

So if Rafa don't like egos on pitch will he ever put up with real flair players ?

I think rafa likes the mix of the both - he had at valencia with players like aimar and vicente (at the time ) providing flair with players like rufete and carew the solidness. he has the solidness now with a bit of flair with torres etc just need a bit of flair out wide and those players cost a fair bit of money - think he would love one of those players just cant afford it .

and we have one of the biggest egos on the pitch in gerrard - as a player not a person .

also dont think the classic winger is around any more - they all like to do both nowadays - cut in go outside - swap sides .

Wingers have always done that.

Apart from switch sides but thats just modern football for ya inter playing positions.

Gerrard has what i call a positive ego one that lifts teams but alot of wingers will not always be like that you just need management skills to deal with sulky players like ronaldo and others.

I guess what i dont want to see is someone just hugging the touchline - like pennant does - someone who i capable of cutting inside and creating .

ps whats wrong with quoting ? it enables people to see how the converation has gone esp when its a decent deabte .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:23 pm

GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:Why would Rafa be gone if DIC came in ? Maybe they would back him with big bucks to go for the league ? Apart from the odd few voices Rafa is loved by the fans and DIC would know this .And werent we top scorers last year ? i know we were first to get to 100 goals so how does that make rafa limited as an attacking coach ?

No way they going to keep a manager who has been not great in league and sets up teams to draw vrs teams like villa.

They will bring in some one who is agressive and can spend a transfer budget of say 80 mil a season 3-4 top players rather then 10 stop gaps.

Rafa has had to buy stop gaps due to not having 80 mil pound to spend on players every summer - look at the players he has got when he is able to spend big - torres and masher to name two - he knows the players he wants but unfortuantly limited budgets have meant he has had to settle for second choice - not his fault yet despite all this we are still up there with the best - just a couple more 20 mil players needed - give rafa the money to do that and then you will see us .

Set up for a draw after loosing our best striker ? yet brough another striker on ?? maybe he was abit cautious with the sub for yossi but he didnt start that game going for a draw - he picked the best 11 he had and we had chances to win - they just werent taken - keane for example.

You are missing the my point he has had the money ever season to buy top players but due to his ideas of rotation he buys many players over a few top players.

How much has he had to spend this summer then ? seems to me he has had to sell ti raise cash to get players . last summer was the first summer he really had a chance to spend big and did it very well indeed .

And lets not go into rotation again as every club does it - but the difference is the mancs and chelsea have better more expensive and higher quality options to bring in do rotate because they have been able to spend more money . yeah rafa could blow his whole budget on one player every summer - what happens when that player gets injured ? and how many games can that player play before beiing fecked - take arsenal for example last year - started off great but had no options to bring on throughout the season and faded aw\y due to tiredness.

and if you think yesterdays came was set up the worst ever you got a very short memory as remember GH teams,evans teams, souness teams being far far far worse than that . getting a draw at a top 6 team was a good result at the end of the day .

Yes he had to sell to buy but that doesn't meen after he has sold he didn't have the cash there to buy a few top players.

he sold players and had enough for a 20 mil pound striker and a 7-8 mil left back (which was needed ) and now it seems a 8 mil left sided midfielder which is definatly needed plus a few kids .

Well you speak to soon about this seasons buys to judge if they are top buys yet is madness , since if they don't perform then they can't be deemed top players can they ?

As for 20 mil striker we don't need him he is to old and isn't prolific more link up player which we don't need , we need width.

Could have got downing , Milner , Lennon , Joaquin , Ribery , Rothen , Govou , Simao , Maxi , Vicente.

Joaquin since moving to valencia has gone downhill and has never shown his potential .

Rothen - did well for monaco about 4 odd years ago - since then nothing and must 30 something now

Govou- not a bad option

Would add silva to the list but seems to want to stay in spain , another wouold be benzema but would need 30 mil for him .

Quesrma- dont rate

Fact is it took us both 5-10 mins to work that out why on earth rafa and his team have had all summer and they only come up with a gamble type player for wings that is problem.

Maybe they have mate - just havent had either the funds to get them or the club wouldnt sell them. he seems to been after reira all summer so it seems he has looked at the width being problem - im pretty sure if he had chelsea money he would of spent big bucks on one of those players .

im pretty sure these players have been spotted its getting them that is the problem .

Aye maybe theres some thruth in that but i go back to rafa interview he said he only likes grounded players.

Mabye this is reason he don't like the classic winger as they are mostly flair players and yes they do come witht he cost of an ego.

So if Rafa don't like egos on pitch will he ever put up with real flair players ?

I think rafa likes the mix of the both - he had at valencia with players like aimar and vicente (at the time ) providing flair with players like rufete and carew the solidness. he has the solidness now with a bit of flair with torres etc just need a bit of flair out wide and those players cost a fair bit of money - think he would love one of those players just cant afford it .

and we have one of the biggest egos on the pitch in gerrard - as a player not a person .

also dont think the classic winger is around any more - they all like to do both nowadays - cut in go outside - swap sides .

Apart from switch sides but thats just modern football for ya inter playing positions.

Gerrard has what i call a positive ego one that lifts teams but alot of wingers will not always be like that you just need management skills to deal with sulky players like ronaldo and others.

I guess what i dont want to see is someone just hugging the touchline - like pennant does - someone who i capable of cutting inside and creating .

ps whats wrong with quoting ? it enables people to see how the converation has gone esp when its a decent deabte .

OH DEAR  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:30 pm

GYBS says

Redundancy mate. For a better reading is better to quote the relevant parts. If you quote a looong quote, and the next mate does the same, you have repeated text and you have to scroll down a lot. Once the discussion advances, don't quote again the embedded quotes, just what you want to answer. For instance I've answered just the bit that I want to answer.

As a general rule, it's considered healthy to write more lines than the ones you quote.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:56 pm

NEWKIT FORUM ETIQUETTE

NOT COOL :no
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Govou- not a bad option

Quesrma- dont rate

COOL :nod
GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:Wingers have always done that.

Just quote the last comment that you're responding to.  If people want to read the whole conversation they can go back through the thread.  Capiche? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Exactly its been doing my Fu*king head in for ages now!
Quote,quote,quote,quote!!
Every thread is like a set of russian dolls and its the same ballbags doing it!
The forum is impossible to read! :angry:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:Could have got downing , Milner , Lennon , Joaquin , Ribery , Rothen , Govou , Simao , Maxi , Vicente.

Lennon would be ideal! Pace and gets to the byline

Hey !! Don't go there !! I have mention Lennon, Downing , SWP, Milner, Vicente, Joaquin and etc ... and i got this ...

LiverpoolMadman

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Number 9 wrote:Exactly its been doing my Fu*king head in for ages now!
Quote,quote,quote,quote!!
Every thread is like a set of russian dolls and its the same ballbags doing it!
The forum is impossible to read! :angry:

You're right Baz, we'll shut this one down for starters.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion