Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:07 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Sack him tomorrow.

Get Alladyce in.

Rafa's the gaffa and can do no wrong. Completely faultless, the man, we should all back him when he's replacing attackers with defenders and midfielders when we're losing.

We should all back him playing players out of position EVERY :censored: WEEK!

His signings are world class! Yay Rafa!

So do you think he should be sacked stu ? Serious question.

Im not speaking for Stu but I think he would say yes.

What right now ,after 3 league games.?

Its not three league games though is Andy.

Its :censored: years of :censored: signings, bad decisions, bad players.

This teams going backwards mate, not forward.

A few seasons ago we were genuinely two players away, we had a very strong side with tremendous ability, we just lacked the "options" the :censored: nugget goes on about and a bit of depth.

We've now got Arbeloa who's a completely average full back. Skertyl who's blatently got a mistake in him every match and is an accident waiting to happen, Agger who's so overated by our own fans its a joke. A past it Sami Hyypia. We've got an injury prone left back and another who is worse defensively than Vladimir Smicer.

We've then got Kuyt, a fairly decent at very best forward trying to play right wing every week where he looks painfully out of his depth. We've got Lucas, who's quite simply a joke of a player and Bennayoun who doesn't know a wide position if it bit him on the :censored:... Then theres Babel, don't get me started on that pile of :censored:.

Voronin... yeah, great.

We're STILL getting carried by two players lad as proved AGAIN today.

Its not good enough lad. Simple as that.

Harsh but nothing but the truth man.  :bowdown
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:09 pm

So, how long has he got to make us into a title CHALLENGING side.

We never will be, until Fergie dies or retires.

We don't have the resources or board stability to sustain a 38 game challenge.

The cups are our best chance for silverware.

Rafa should have as much time as he wants. There is no better manager available.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:09 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Sack him tomorrow.

Get Alladyce in.

Rafa's the gaffa and can do no wrong. Completely faultless, the man, we should all back him when he's replacing attackers with defenders and midfielders when we're losing.

We should all back him playing players out of position EVERY :censored: WEEK!

His signings are world class! Yay Rafa!

So do you think he should be sacked stu ? Serious question.

Im not speaking for Stu but I think he would say yes.

What right now ,after 3 league games.?

Its not three league games though is Andy.

Its :censored: years of :censored: signings, bad decisions, bad players.

This teams going backwards mate, not forward.

A few seasons ago we were genuinely two players away, we had a very strong side with tremendous ability, we just lacked the "options" the :censored: nugget goes on about and a bit of depth.

We've now got Arbeloa who's a completely average full back. Skertyl who's blatently got a mistake in him every match and is an accident waiting to happen, Agger who's so overated by our own fans its a joke. A past it Sami Hyypia. We've got an injury prone left back and another who is worse defensively than Vladimir Smicer.

We've then got Kuyt, a fairly decent at very best forward trying to play right wing every week where he looks painfully out of his depth. We've got Lucas, who's quite simply a joke of a player and Bennayoun who doesn't know a wide position if it bit him on the :censored:... Then theres Babel, don't get me started on that pile of :censored:.

Voronin... yeah, great.

We're STILL getting carried by two players lad as proved AGAIN today.

Its not good enough lad. Simple as that.

Yes mate , but would you sack him now?

If everyone's saying Christmas is too late and we can see what's coming, then surely the borad can? Sooner rather than later is best for all concerned.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:09 pm

with the big signings comes big pressure and Rafa knows he MUST make us challenge this season for the league. If we're off the pace by christmas i expect to see Rafa's position under threat
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:11 pm

Rafas got the remainder of his contract. Short and simple.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:41 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Rafas got the remainder of his contract. Short and simple.

Yup.

If you (im talking to everyone) were of the opinion towards the end of last season that we should get someone else in and you still feel that way now thats fair enough, but anyone thinking we should sack him off the back of this season even though we`re sitting joint top of the league (all be it fter 3 games but thats the point) and still to kick a ball in the CL are IMO either mad, drunk, both or not even real fans, again IMO.
The way people are going on, i mean.. Can anyone remember games like when Coventry came to us in the early ninetys and gave us a doing with some proper fat pub team striker getting a couple of goals Mick somebody i think or when southampton put four past us? losing into double figures year after year.
Look we havent played great so far but for all the bad football we are joint top of the prem and in the CL its not that bad, we`ve got the mancs next how about a bit of support.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:44 pm

Rush Job wrote:

Yup.

If you (im talking to everyone) were of the opinion towards the end of last season that we should get someone else in and you still feel that way now thats fair enough, but anyone thinking we should sack him off the back of this season even though we`re sitting joint top of the league (all be it fter 3 games but thats the point) and still to kick a ball in the CL are IMO either mad, drunk, both or not even real fans, again IMO.
The way people are going on, i mean.. Can anyone remember games like when Coventry came to us in the early ninetys and gave us a doing with some proper fat pub team striker getting a couple of goals Mick somebody i think or when southampton put four past us? losing into double figures year after year.
Look we havent played great so far but for all the bad football we are joint top of the prem and in the CL its not that bad, we`ve got the mancs next how about a bit of support.

Yeah and just completely ignore the inadequate team we have on the field and ignore the fact this manager wastes millions every year on :censored:.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:46 pm

Rush Job wrote:Can anyone remember games like when Coventry came to us in the early ninetys and gave us a doing with some proper fat pub team striker getting a couple of goals Mick somebody i think

Mickey Quinn - a scouser.

When he signed for Newcastle, he turned up at St. James' expecting a great reception
as they normally do - only to see a huge banner saying "Who the fuck is Mickey Quinn?"  :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:49 pm

did we lose again
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Sabre » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:50 pm

The answer to the topic is: he has very little time.

For some, his time ended 2 seasons ago. For many more, his time ended the last season. It's natural then that if we don't play convincingly many are asking for his head now.

So let's not discuss much about it, he has little time. Klinsman was asked last season as a replacement so it's obvious he has not full confidence from the owners neither.

Either he challenges this season, or he will be gone.

I agree BTW that 20M for  Keane is an important money, some details of him makes me think he's a good player, but at the end of the day, he'll be a great signing only if he and the new guys help Liverpool to challenge for the title. If we don't, no matter how much we discuss about it, Rafa will be gone.

I just don't agree to sack a manager so early, that's a bad call here and in Recreativo de Huelva. I  trust this manager, even if he wanted to swap Alonso for Barry  :p  . But he has to challenge this season, I'm sure we will. Come on red men!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:04 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

Yup.

Yeah and just completely ignore the inadequate team we have on the field and ignore the fact this manager wastes millions every year on :censored:.

Unless this is an opinion youve forged during this past few games, which i know it isnt, i dont understand your problem with what i posted.?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:24 am

Rush Job wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

Yup.

Unless this is an opinion youve forged during this past few games, which i know it isnt, i dont understand your problem with what i posted.?

I dont think its offensive remark against your piece Rush Job, Stu seems wee weed off with the signings rafa has made. I must admit, this season even I have my doubts. When £20 million is spent on keane then alarm bells ring in my head ! (which is hollow!) Rafa has taken a different approach this season to the players he wants, you yourself know that. Im only hoping that im wrong in my judgement of players rather than rafa.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:48 am

well imo we must beat Man Ure on 16th sept @ anfield.
This will be a serious test for Rafa. If they beat us again at home, well then that endorses the fact that we have not moved on under Rafa's rule.

Rafa MUST NOT LOOSE to the scum. Beat them, then we can move on with confidence.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:51 am

Bermenstein wrote:well imo we must beat Man Ure on 16th sept @ anfield.
This will be a serious test for Rafa. If they beat us again at home, well then that endorses the fact that we have not moved on under Rafa's rule.

Rafa MUST NOT LOOSE to the scum. Beat them, then we can move on with confidence.

Saturday, 13 September 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:45

IF we do beat Man U then it can be deemed a great start (results-wise)

However, under Rafa we have never even scored against them (except for an O'Shea o.g)
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:16 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

Yup.

I dont think its offensive remark against your piece Rush Job, Stu seems wee weed off with the signings rafa has made. I must admit, this season even I have my doubts. When £20 million is spent on keane then alarm bells ring in my head ! (which is hollow!) Rafa has taken a different approach this season to the players he wants, you yourself know that. Im only hoping that im wrong in my judgement of players rather than rafa.

Oh i agree mate, TBH i (and by all accounts Rafa) would of taken Barry, even for 18mill over and above Keane for 20mill.
All im saying is to sack the manager now after 3 games, 1 home 2 away and 7 points is madness, IMO.
For all its worth if Rafa was to get the sack but more likely when his deal is up (not long now) i`d defintely welcome slavan Bilic, one of the best young managers around IMO and will end up with a top prem job sooner rather than later. :)
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion