How highly do you rate sami hyypia?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby thegreedo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:38 pm

Consummate pro. Personally I would put him right up there with Hansen, Carra, Hughes, Yeates, Lawro etc and as others have said before IMHO he is the best imported CB this country has had the pleasure of watching.

I for one will be there at his testimonial. Here's to another year of our big Finn.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 pm

People wrote him off. He kept bouncing back. It will be a sad day to see him go, but it's great that he'll STILL be here for next season.

When legendary backs are mentioned for our club, Sami will be one of the first to be remembered. An all time great. A playing legend.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 pm

I have been a critic of Sammi in the past (particularly in Rafa's first season) but he seems to be getting better with age and even before last night's crucial goal he has been terrific all season.

Our besy defender since Hansen. Marcus Babbel and Mark Wright probably had more ability but they were sadly hampered through illness and injury but even then they would have struggled to give Sammi a run for his money.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:17 pm

Brilliant header last night - very accurate, and a good bit of movement to get away from Senderos that made it possible. It came at a crucial time, just as Arsenal began looking susceptible to our attacks - especially when we got in behind their full backs with Carra and Kuyt linking up well.

He's a model professional and still a very good defender, not top class, but a solid steady-eddy, reliable and honest defender.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:11 am

He's a model professional and still a very good defender, not top class, but a solid steady-eddy, reliable and honest defender.

Im just interested mind, what is the the difference between a very good defender, reliable and honest, compared to a top class one?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:18 am

Legend. Simple as that. One of the best defenders the Premier Leagues ever seen, certainly in the top 5. Love the man. Made up hes here for another year.
Thingy

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:51 am

Kharhaz wrote:

Im just interested mind, what is the the difference between a very good defender, reliable and honest, compared to a top class one?

He's reliable and honest, and he's a very good defender, but he's not a top class i.e. he's not top echelon.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:48 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

He's reliable and honest, and he's a very good defender, but he's not a top class i.e. he's not top echelon.

Still moody from the other night huh? When you have snapped out of the "LFC2007" menstrual then you can answer my question, or then again you probably wont.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:50 am

Kharhaz wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Still moody from the other night huh? When you have snapped out of the "LFC2007" menstrual then you can answer my question, or then again you probably wont.

Weirdo.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:21 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Weirdo.

I sat here for a while waiting for a good comeback but no, nothing. Oh well....Weirdo it is.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:37 am

The Ace1983 wrote:If he keeps his fitness up he can last another 5 years at a stretch.

:oh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:19 pm

stmichael wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:If he keeps his fitness up he can last another 5 years at a stretch.

:oh:

Well look at the ac milan back line. They won a european cup with an average age of about 60! Well, maybe it's closer to 35, but Maldini, Cafu, Nesta...

All I'm saying is that if he continues to adapt and train hard, there's no reason why he can't keep going and going. I've also got an inkling that he'll make a damn good coach one day. But as long as he can tackle and run, I see no reason to get rid of him.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Weirdo.

I sat here for a while waiting for a good comeback but no, nothing. Oh well....Weirdo it is.

What the fuck are you banging on about?
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:09 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Weirdo.

What the fuck are you banging on about?

LFC2007, to put it blunty pal... :censored: OFF. Why turn every little thing into an arguement? If you've nothing constructive to type, then don't type anything. You start these petty arguements because you have no opinion in terms of football and then when the arguement flares up you can come out with your big fancy words to big yourself up because you like letting people know you can read a dictionary.

Grow the :censored: up lad.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 pm

:laugh:

You're a proven idiot - I've lost count of the number of the GBJH moments you've had, so there's no point in me attempting to justify my views on you any longer.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion