How do you feel about - No british players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:47 pm

Sean wrote:Dont agree that Diao had a decent game.  He gave the ball away too much.  If we are going to be playing him and Nunez while our top players are injured we wont make the top four and we'll be quickly beaten out of Europe.  Also, despite his goals today and against WBA, Garcia has been disappointing.

I don't care if the lad is dissapointing as long as he gets goals and if he does that then his confidence will grow and he'll start playing better footie, it's a vicious circle really.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby espantoso » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:49 pm

The_Rock wrote:Well, i don't think it will happen here. Liverpool is still run as a family business. Have to follow a lot of traditions.

We won't become another bolton or chelsea....

I think that arsenal has become just like chelski and bolton. Its sad that we are heading to the same result... :angry:
Liverpool is England :cool: Not Spain or sth  :angry:
RAFA RULEZZ
espantoso

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:05 am

english players do bring a bit of stability and grit to a side, especially when things aren`t going too well.
but there`s a danger that you can over generalise, i`m sure there`s gutsy south american midfield grafters as well as the more cultured ones.its a universal game without boundaries so if the new cruyff or maradona turned up.........i would sign him
waving your passport at the opposition to my knowledge isn`t in the UEFA HANDBOOK OF EFFECTIVE TACTIC`S.
though i suppose if you lashed it at them just as they were going to shoot.......hmmm?

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Alanay » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:28 am

At least our captain is still a member of the England squad... If the reserves continue to show their good performance then we would have more...
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:41 am

as long as LFC win, who cares

the leagues been a long time coming, i loved the 70s and 80s

ive been privy to the real glory years
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:58 am

I don't think it will be the case that we will have no Brittish players. Rafa is always looking at the academy so i feel there will always be that Brittish grit.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:26 am

british grit not british gits :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:45 pm

Why do British players wan't to go and play in Spain ?
Why do Spanish players wan't to play in England ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby the great one » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:57 pm

lakes10 wrote:I am just wondering how members of this forum feel if we end up with no British players.
I might be the way we are heading.
Is it a necessary evil due to lack of money in the club?
Or do you think we should sit back this year and just play with the young players like Stephen Warnock, Neil Mellor, JOHN WELSH, DARREN POTTER and give them a starting place for the rest of the year till we have money (take over bid ) .
For me I can not see a way that we can not buy cheap overseas players.

I feel that too we amount of spainish players coming i noticted how when i said im sick of all the spainish players come in i got called racist for it from A.b.. But we do need english players cus they will have more passion and will to win for the club remeber the derbies against Man utd and Everton no passion and we lost you can't buy passion and will to win from  Carragher. Yeh foriegn lads maybe our better footballers but when it comes to derbies they are  not intersted  :angry:  :angry:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:06 pm

I think they know about the passions in a local derby they have them in Spain.The reason for lack of english players is they r to expensive and very few on the ground,look how hyped up Andy J has become at Palace.
SALTROCK67

Postby the great one » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:08 pm

Yeh they played in Derbies in spain like the basque derby for Alonso and el derby for Luis garcia but when we played  Man utd and Everton it was clear they wanted it more than us. Do you think if Carragher went to say Celtic he will want to the derby as much as for us not he wouldn't cus he has a certian loyatly to us.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:13 pm

You will never get that kind of loyalty from a player outside of that particular area i know but we cant field a team of 11 liverpool born players.
SALTROCK67

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:59 pm

i dont care what nationality the players are, noone cares about that anymore
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:06 pm

Passion is created. I wasn't born a Liverpool supporter by but the passion as a fan of this club was created over days,weeks,months,etc... By your theory Great One, a player will not give it his best unless he is English. You sure about that theory? Just look at Arsenal and Chelsea. They have huge amounts of players who are not English or Brittish yet they perform for the club.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion