Houllier xi - Vs rafas xi

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ynwa » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:53 pm

all hail rafa. gh bought :censored: players and some good players not many like. rafa is going bring the glory days are coming back boys.
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:59 pm

i said when benitez and mourinho came to this country that they would take management in this country to a whole new level. as great as wenger and ferguson have been, these two are very much the new kids on the block and i said that within two to three years, liverpool and chelsea would be the two dominant forces in english football. well one year on, chelsea are english champions and liverpool are european champions so that ends the argument. in my opinion, for rafa to win the CL with the squad we had last year (including only one fit striker) proves that he is the best manager in the world. i don't buy into all this hype about mourinho. i don't think he's that tactically aware. if things are going badly all he has to do is throw £70m of subs on,

houllier did well for this club but eventually got found out. everything we did under houllier was based on counter attacking football and using michael owen's pace. whilst this worked for a couple of seasons, eventually teams learnt how to negate us and we struggled unless stevie g produced a bit of inspiration. also, if we suffered a bad result when on a good run (see boro in 2002-2003) we tended to follow it up with a disastrous run of results. under rafa, this just doesn't look like happening. the emphasis is far more on the team than it is on certain individuals and we are seriously going places.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:26 pm

stmichael wrote:i said when benitez and mourinho came to this country that they would take management in this country to a whole new level. as great as wenger and ferguson have been, these two are very much the new kids on the block and i said that within two to three years, liverpool and chelsea would be the two dominant forces in english football. well one year on, chelsea are english champions and liverpool are european champions so that ends the argument. in my opinion, for rafa to win the CL with the squad we had last year (including only one fit striker) proves that he is the best manager in the world. i don't buy into all this hype about mourinho. i don't think he's that tactically aware. if things are going badly all he has to do is throw £70m of subs on,

houllier did well for this club but eventually got found out. everything we did under houllier was based on counter attacking football and using michael owen's pace. whilst this worked for a couple of seasons, eventually teams learnt how to negate us and we struggled unless stevie g produced a bit of inspiration. also, if we suffered a bad result when on a good run (see boro in 2002-2003) we tended to follow it up with a disastrous run of results. under rafa, this just doesn't look like happening. the emphasis is far more on the team than it is on certain individuals and we are seriously going places.

I agree with you 100% completely.

You are probably the first person to realize that i am not saying GH was faultless,but he was a good coach for us and he tried his best for the club,even got a heart attack because of the stress the job gave him,we should respect him for that.

Rafa took over to take us to a whole new(not exactly new as we were there b4) level and he has done a good job so far.

But lets be objective here please.
GH's reign at the club still impacts us in a positive way.
And even if he's not the coach right now,the players he bought are still helping us win games.The last game is a good examle....my point is that Rafa didnt have to make wholesome changes in the team to get a winning combination :)

Give him the respect he deserves.
66-1137139704

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:41 pm

MudFace

You're a comedian lad  :laugh:

I can't believe people take you seriously  :laugh:

Houllier possibly on the same level as Benítez?  :laugh:

Valencia played boring football?  :laugh:
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:47 pm

MudFace wrote:I agree with you 100% completely.

Mudface I have read your posts with interest but ultimately it has waned. Is there any chance that we can fast-forward to the exciting bit where you are outed (I'm referring of course to the team you actually support rather than any sexual leanings?). You know the drill, somebody on here finds you on another clubs site telling 'em all how you've convinced us all that you are a Liverpool supporter. My how we all laughed. Then you can do your nah nah nah-nah nah post and leave us all in peace.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:39 pm

Mudface .. Your only responce to my critising your thread is to call me a manc and a glory hunter..

Then to complain about people on here just resulting to insults.. pot  calling kettle.

you feck wit bluen@so ,pleb ... go away and stop posting cr@p threads that wind every one up.

there is no way on earth that you are a liverpool fan. and this thread proves it. I have never ever meet a liverpool fan that think the way you do. but hey you keep posting and getting abused :angry:
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:44 pm

RAFA's Valencia were the best team iv seen over the last 5 years.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:54 pm

I think I remember Valencia simply outscoring everybody, Rafa had some sort of " anything you can score, we can score better " and bloody hell, it worked. Not quite working with us, but who needs to outscore when nobody can score on you? Houllier tried to do that, his first season he had the players to make an attacking side, dumped a load of them, then tried to turn us defensive, and failed.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:01 pm

MudFace wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Carragher and Gerrard where not his signings, they where produced by the academy which doesn't count IMO. 

So that means 4 players from the Houllier reign are good enough to play in a team managed by Raffa Benitez... 

Well I must agree,  that is £120 million well spent!!!!

Carragher,Gerrard and were produced by the academy...true but it was houllier who game them a chance to play at the highest level.
At the moment,we are selling our best emerging talent which is demoralizing to the others coming up.Look at the promising youngsters we are disposing of at the moment...
So give GH his due credits....if we had another manager at that time we most probably wouldnt be having carra or Gerrard.

You silly b*stard.

Carragher was a regular in the side under Evans, and Stevie got his debut under the co-manager b*llocks Vs Celta Vigo.

Facts - get 'em right.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:11 pm

Houllier was a good manger who was quite succesful at Liverpool and is doing well with Lyin but theres no chance he is better than Rafa...Rafa is on another level maybe even the best manager in the world right now...His signings and the way the team is playing is better now that is GH's era
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby antz » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:14 pm

bigmick wrote:
MudFace wrote:I agree with you 100% completely.

Mudface I have read your posts with interest but ultimately it has waned. Is there any chance that we can fast-forward to the exciting bit where you are outed (I'm referring of course to the team you actually support rather than any sexual leanings?). You know the drill, somebody on here finds you on another clubs site telling 'em all how you've convinced us all that you are a Liverpool supporter. My how we all laughed. Then you can do your nah nah nah-nah nah post and leave us all in peace.

I have said from day one the guy is a Scum suppourter. Simple every post or thread is created to wind people up.

For those who missed it before.

Manufan please can you F-off as we are aware of your game.

antz

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:18 pm

Man U sh*tface:

Go away you smelly little wart root.

How anyone can say that Valencia were boring is beyond me!

You silly, silly poofter.

Get back to your prawn sandwiches and homosexual stadium sex you Manc's so enjoy.

:no  :oops:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:23 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Man U sh*tface:

Go away you smelly little wart root.

How anyone can say that Valencia were boring is beyond me!

You silly, silly poofter.

Get back to your prawn sandwiches and homosexual stadium sex you Manc's so enjoy.

:no  :oops:

this is class english lando  :D  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:12 am

would gh motervate the players when we where geting beat i think not he would get them to defend
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:46 am

yeah...mudface is a comedian. Its quite funny to read his post..and the ways he pretend to be liverpool fan is icing on the cake...
i think mod don have to ban this guy coz he can give us something to smile once in a while( when he posted a thread )..hehe

mudface!! i think u better than yido....( don remember) spur fan..but still your post are rubbish:D
darwisigila

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion