Houllier won't manage the team next season - He's a goner

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ckay » Wed May 19, 2004 8:46 am

That's the guy ( no pun intended ). Hasn't he been there manager since 1896?
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed May 19, 2004 8:48 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Anfeildadorer, what the fucck you doing reading and quoting the Sun?

hopefully it's gold i caught from the mud  :laugh:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed May 19, 2004 8:49 am

ckay wrote:That's the guy ( no pun intended ). Hasn't he been there manager since 1896?

hes kinda immortal or wat?  :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed May 19, 2004 8:54 am

I heard that he's only 28, it's just that he smokes 80 aday and gets through 2 crates of vino during a game.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed May 19, 2004 9:21 am

This could be another speculation.
Too long to quote. Please see for yourself, click on this:
Houllier reign nearing end?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 19, 2004 9:30 am

The story is very vauge and could just be Moores Parry and Houlier having a meeting about their plans for next season!

If it is true i'm sure there would have been talk elsewhere of a manager coming in or at least being approched by LFC!

Sounds like paper talk!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed May 19, 2004 9:32 am

It seems to wide spread to be paper talk. Some rumours just appear on one or two sites and papers but this is all over everything.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed May 19, 2004 9:35 am

nothing is on skysports and thats not everything, they are always first with decent none tabloid news, so when i see something there i will believe it, i agree with redtribe that it could be just the three of them discussing next season, players they want in and out, budgets etc. plus probably also this thai deal! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 19, 2004 9:37 am

I see what you are saying but if this was true i still think that rumours of someone being approached would be out by now!

Just another thing to wait and see about in the crazy world of lfc @ the moment
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed May 19, 2004 9:39 am

We'll just have to wait and see lads. I could be anything I supose. I'm just getting a bit over excited about all the rumours going around. I love the off season nearly as much as game days.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Wed May 19, 2004 9:43 am

ckay wrote:It seems to wide spread to be paper talk. Some rumours just appear on one or two sites and papers but this is all over everything.

My thought exactly. It could be a coincidence but understand that Stevie Gerrard have told the club of his ambition and that include a stronger squad and a new manager to match his ambition. Otherwise, why will he not consider an offer from Chelski who is willing to double his salary and be closer to chanllenging for trophies. Same could be applied to Owen.

This might have finally make the board realized they have to do something 'drastic' rather than risk losing the 2 genuine stars in our squad

Appreciate if anyone can confirm the validity of the 'alledged' meeting.
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby ckay » Wed May 19, 2004 9:59 am

Does anyone else share my excitment of the rumour mill or am I just a sad muppet with no life?
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed May 19, 2004 10:01 am

Is smith on his way to anfield?

LIVERPOOL made their first official move for Alan Smith last night as Manchester United had two bids for the England striker rejected by Leeds. 

Chief executive Rick Parry met the England international's representative Alex Black yesterday to confirm Liverpool will rival United in the pursuit of the £6m-rated striker.

United are favourites to land Leeds's prized asset after Sir Alex Ferguson held talks with Smith and his agent - but had offers of £3.5m and £5.5m rejected by the York-shire club last night.

And Liverpool - armed with £3.5m from the sale of Emile Heskey to Birmingham - believe they can entice the striker away from a controversial switch to Old Trafford and are prepared to meet the demands of both Leeds and Smith to get him.

Newcastle, Birmingham and Middlesbrough have also made firm bids for the striker, all believed to be around £5m, while Valencia and Juventus are also monitoring his situation.

But Liverpool and United are prepared to pay £6m for the Elland Road hero, who was abused by Leeds fans at Chelsea on Saturday for contemplating a move to their hated rivals, and a two-way fight between the clubs now seems certain.

A spokesman for Leeds, who hope to an auction that will increase his eventual transfer fee, said: "The offers by Manchester United substantially under-value Alan Smith's position as a top Premiership player. He

is worth far more than what Manchester United are prepared to pay for him. Both offers were rejected immediately."
Neil Mellor, meanwhile, is in talks with Crewe over a one-year loan move to the first division club. The Anfield striker saw a similar deal with West Ham United turn sour earlier this season and ended the agreement to play for Liverpool reserves instead.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed May 19, 2004 10:03 am

This could be another speculation too:

Gerard Houllier is reportedly on the brink of losing his job as Liverpool manager with the majority of directors wanting a new boss
Story by Al Campbell 19 May 2004 

Liverpool refused to deny claims that Houllier is set to be axed last night and Houllier himself has admitted privately that he no longer has the full support of the board.

Houllier was expecting a statement from the board giving him their full backing after he took Liverpool into the Champions League but a week on and there has been no such comment to the disappointment of GH.

"I am suprised that they have not said anything to me. I do not know what is happening, nothing at all has been said, but I hope to still be in charge next season." said the Frenchman.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 19, 2004 10:05 am

You Sad Muppet!!!

:p  :p  :p

Only joking i think its quite exciting too even if its not real!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion