Houllier - What do you think of h. leaving anfield?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Houllier - What do you think of h. leaving anfield?

definitely right decision
53%
I'm sorry for him but probably it was necessary
47%
wrong decision, we could have won the title with him
No votes

Total votes : 34

Postby supersub » Mon May 24, 2004 10:38 pm

Strachan 4/1..your pulling my leg?
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 24, 2004 10:39 pm

i think it's going to be the Valencia guy......class manager who will give scope and attacking football to our side.

Apparently O'neil don't want the job and might take a yr out
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon May 24, 2004 11:25 pm

Ron Atkinson anyone? I hear he`s doing nothing at the moment.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon May 24, 2004 11:48 pm

Mourinho
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue May 25, 2004 1:02 am

stmichael wrote:For me you can narrow down when it all started to go wrong. Around 9.20pm on April 9, 2002. The venue was Germany.

Dietmar Hamann was subbed against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions' League quarter-final.

The dip began. It became a blip, turned into a plateau and eventually led the club into a black hole. Liverpool would return to the land of mediocrity.

They led 2-1 on aggregate during the second half on that promising spring night. They lost 4-3.

The removal of Hamann was an indisputable turning point. Previously unquestioning elements of Liverpool's support started to fear Houllier's judgement was flawed and from this moment evidence started to pile up.

We should have been in the champions league final that year because i still think we would have beaten manure in the semis after beating them twice in the league.

The pivotal moment when the tide started to turn summed up above ................

After that season he bought Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou and let Maccalister, Anelka and Linamen go ......

I fel genuinely sorry for Gerard and i wih him well and every success in the future.

There is a fine line between success and falure and GH wasn't too far away. It remains to be seen what history will say about his reign but I'm confidant he wil be afforded a LOT more respect than he has received in the last 12 hours  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Tue May 25, 2004 8:49 am

they made the right desicion. Deep down even GH would say it's best for the club that he leaves. Feel sorry for the bloke really. It would have been better for him to have left 2 seasons ago and we could just remember the good years instead of the collapse.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue May 25, 2004 8:54 am

problem is 2 seasons ago , we had no reason to sack him, we had just finished 2nd and made the CL 1\4 finals, what went wrong. The day we started that horrible run after being undefeated and top of the table after 12 games, was where the demise started.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby garry hadley » Tue May 25, 2004 12:06 pm

:p   I think who ever comes in as new manager there will be questiones asked, i think actions have to speak louder then words. Its all right saying were going to do this and that its conveying it onto the pitch that really maters. Why aren't we competing for top quality players, were making do with players who can do simular jobs(only in poor leagues). Theres a lot of dead wood that need clearing out, gerard downfall as well as that European game is his "SHOCKING" signings or more there impact. We become to predictable in our play under gerard, with taems packing there defence and midfield in the knowledge that we aren't willing to atack,then there attacking us and winning the game. The way for the new manager to judge the team is how many world class players have we got, honestly without been biased, how many we got? And how many young players with alot of potential( Le tallec, Pongolle, Baros, Kirkland) have had a good chance? I think we need to splash cash and bring some quality high profile signing ASAP to re assure fans we can compete. lets face it 15-20 years ago 4th place for LFC was classed as a disaster, so why have we come to except 4th as a good season?
garry hadley

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 31, 2004 10:36 am

GH asked at at the start of the season whether the board would be under pressure if LFC came fifth.

In other words, he thought fifth was a posibility and fourth was enough!

It ended up perfectly, got CL due to Newcastle's terrible season and got rid of GH

onwards and upwards!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fritzylfc » Mon May 31, 2004 10:43 am

which manager in the world would drop hyppia play a ****** like biscan say its his best postion . middles brough away. the man made excuses for all his flops . good bye or do i mean bad bye:)
fritzylfc

Postby JohnBull » Mon May 31, 2004 4:53 pm

This situation happens all the time in business - A man who's good at a job gets promoted does good again and gets promoted etc etc - it gets to the stage where he ends up in a job beyond his capabilities. I don't blame Houllier for the farce - the board are receiving money to do a job and ,this is part and parcel of their job, they didn't do it!
The ridiculous situation we are in now where we do not know the next manager one way or another, is sympomatic of the craaaap self seeking board we've got.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion