Houllier vs wenger

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mvasil555 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:28 pm

Houllier vs Wenger

I believe that most of you make a grave mistake, by comparing Gerard Oullier with his predecessors (Sounness, Evans).
Correct comparison should be against Arsene Wenger

Similarities
1. Both French
2. Both won a French League Championship back in the 80’s
3. Both work in two of the most prestigious teams in FA premier league almost simultaneously.
4. Majority of there transfers are either from France or French colonies

That’s pretty much what they have in common.

Differences.
1.Wenger has delivered from day one (season 97-98) while GH is still trying and trying and trying.
2.Wenger has created a TEAM with capital letters, while GH has produced a circus with 11 performers.
3. Arsenal is a team improving year in year out, while Liverpool straggles to maintain distance from the current champion in less than 10 points for the last 5 years, usually unsuccessfully.
4. Wenger’s team is playing top class football with reliable defensive and smashing attacking capabilities. On the other hand Liverpool produces pathetic defensive football with major flows while trying to defend and no imagination or any kind of method when trying to attack.
5. Wenger has signed talented players while underperforming and transformed them into world class players. Houllier has signed argumentally talented players and has turned them into a burden for the team.
6. Wenger’s ability to motivate players individually and Arsenal as a whole against Houllier’s lame excuses and lack of responsibility to accept his mistakes.
7 Last but not least is Alex Ferguson’s attitude against both of them. The sneaky b#st#rd, in every chance, is promoting Houllier (What a great job he does and sh#t like this) while on the other hand he barely speaks to Wenger. And when he does he probably wants to smash his teeth at the same time. That clearly shows who he accepts as an adversary and who he makes fun of.

In overall comparison (Wenger) divided by (Oullier) is close to infinite as division by zero is mathematically impossible.

It’s time for the board to understand that enough is enough. They have made a poor decision some years ago.They have to accept there mistake and move on.
mvasil555

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:39 pm

Totally agree especially the Ferguson bit, every manager loves Houllier, I mean those 3 points Portsmouth got might keep them up and they got a decent cup run too.

He's every manager's friend.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:43 pm

Houllier is better, we have won more Worthington cups, Uefa cups, Super cups.

When you include all the points we'd have but for injuries and bad refereeing decisions and bad luck and wind blowing in wrong direction, Houllier would probably have won 5 leagues. Now that I think about it , he must be the greatest manager ever. I'm with Stu, Houllier is a visionary manager and once we sort out all the problems that have somehow evolved over the last 6 years, we'll be great again.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:26 pm

Wenger is top of the premier league with arsenal and also top of league of managers and houllier is languishing in the bottom of the 3rd div.He has plan A which is stop other team scoring at all costs and then we wont lose.His 1st few years in charge were made to look good as our defence was performing heroics,aswell they had the other 6 outfield players back helping out.Houllier reminds me of graham taylor with his tactics and lack of man management and seems to be clueless as to how to change the team for the better.He has had nearly 6 years now and we are still playing that negative boring football with a lack of width or imagination.How anybody can defend him now is madness.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion