Houllier today - What does everyone else think!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby emlynisgod » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Woollyback wrote:It took a lot of persuading to get O'Neill to leave Leicester even though he obviously knew he'd never go particularly far with them. Scumbag Leeds were chasing him for ages when they thought they were moneybags but he had the good sense to f##k them off. Spurs were sniffing round him with promises of a big pay deal and money to spend. Finally Celtic after much persuasion managed to get their man.

Based on that evidence I don't think he's the kind of man to turn around and desert us after a season if indeed he does come to Anfield.

My sentiments exactly.
plus I think he would relish rebuilding the best club this country has ever seen above keeping the arrogant mancs afloat.

mate rebuilding the shambles weve got at the minute is a massive massive job! it is the biggest job in the football world! why would oneill want to risk his reputation when he can walk into the cushiest number and look good even if he doesnt live up to ruddy cheeks???

lets be fair mate! were not the most forgiving of supporters even if our weak livered board refuse to act no matter if the fcuking geordies make us look tits again!

we must have champions league football or weve failed mate! we know it, houllier knows it and oneill knows it! our board know we havent got a bottomless pit and weve spent more than we can afford in the last 5 years on players that are not up to it!

why would he want to walk into our mess???
emlynisgod

Postby Woollyback » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:33 pm

He may indeed go to the filth, if he does then good luck to him cos he'd have a hell of a weight of expecation on his shoulders.

Woof I agree that he's perhaps more suited to the LFC job - turning round an ailing club and getting the best out of people. Manure's a different kettle of fish, he'd have to firstly deliver instant success and secondly try to improve on it. Their fickle bugger fans would get restless if he couldn't immediately go one step ahead of Wenger.

I really don't know if he'll end up at Anfield but if he does I firmly believe he'll stay the distance
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby emlynisgod » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:46 pm

Woollyback wrote:He may indeed go to the filth, if he does then good luck to him cos he'd have a hell of a weight of expecation on his shoulders.

Woof I agree that he's perhaps more suited to the LFC job - turning round an ailing club and getting the best out of people. Manure's a different kettle of fish, he'd have to firstly deliver instant success and secondly try to improve on it. Their fickle bugger fans would get restless if he couldn't immediately go one step ahead of Wenger.

I really don't know if he'll end up at Anfield but if he does I firmly believe he'll stay the distance

wooly "instant success?" ???? what is it we want then?? another 5 year plan?

ranieri is the man for the job! he has taken the players given him, and lets be honest they were not all his choice, and taken them to the semi finals of the champions league! weve never been anywhere near the semi finals of the champions league and we cant live on old glories that are long past!

ranieri would deliver what we want and he wouldnt bow to or be suceptible to influence from the mancs or anywhere else!

TINKERMAN TINKERMAN TINKERMAN!

i might start a campaign! :D
emlynisgod

Postby LardyRed » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:47 pm

Hmm.. Fickle? I know, they're 3rd in the league and moaning, imagine being stuck in 4th, f##king terrible that.
LardyRed

Postby red since young » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:49 pm

the time has come i am sorry to say that the bullet has to be biten ...for the good of the club a new main man has to be brought in and oneil is the only one for us ...keep tommo as he is just being loyal to the frenchman (cos of souey).. and we have to get rid of at least 6-7  so called players :O
red since young

Postby emlynisgod » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:52 pm

red since young wrote:the time has come i am sorry to say that the bullet has to be biten ...for the good of the club a new main man has to be brought in and oneil is the only one for us ...keep tommo as he is just being loyal to the frenchman (cos of souey).. and we have to get rid of at least 6-7  so called players :O

sorry red but i think thommo has to go too! he's houlliers man now and we need fresh ideas and fresh blood! send him to leeds mate! they got dom matteo let them have pinnochio!! :D

seriously thommo is liverpool through and through but its time for a change top to bottom!
emlynisgod

Postby claypigeon » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:52 pm

it's catch 22 though really. o'neill might come here if we achieve champions league football next season but if we do that houllier probably won't go so there'd be no vacancy for o'neill.
claypigeon

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:00 pm

emlynisgod wrote:ranieri is the man for the job! he has taken the players given him, and lets be honest they were not all his choice, and taken them to the semi finals of the champions league! weve never been anywhere near the semi finals of the champions league.

never been near the semis of the champions league? we should have been there two seasons ago after the leverkeusen farce when houllier took hamann off when we needed to protect a lead.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby emlynisgod » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:03 pm

stmichael wrote:
emlynisgod wrote:ranieri is the man for the job! he has taken the players given him, and lets be honest they were not all his choice, and taken them to the semi finals of the champions league! weve never been anywhere near the semi finals of the champions league.

never been near the semis of the champions league? we should have been there two seasons ago after the leverkeusen farce when houllier took hamann off when we needed to protect a lead.

your spot on stu! a basic lack of tactical know how and understanding of the way a game is unfolding!

ranieri employs the rota system bringing in most squad members and teaching them all the ethics by which he wants them to play the game! big squads like our suit that style! we dont need knee jerk substitutions, just better use of what weve got!
emlynisgod

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:04 pm

emlynisgod wrote:
Woollyback wrote:He may indeed go to the filth, if he does then good luck to him cos he'd have a hell of a weight of expecation on his shoulders.

ranieri is the man for the job! he has taken the players given him, and lets be honest they were not all his choice, and taken them to the semi finals of the champions league! weve never been anywhere near the semi finals of the champions league and we cant live on old glories that are long past!

ranieri would deliver what we want and he wouldnt bow to or be suceptible to influence from the mancs or anywhere else!

Emlyn , your conspiracy theories have got me thinking.
Nice post until you said if we didn't agree with your veiw we're fools.
Lets just agree to disagree.
Just had a big spliff so I'm going easy on you. BUT don't come it. :p  :p  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:08 pm

emlynisgod wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
emlynisgod wrote:woof woof i understand that you and others think oneill is a great manager and iam sure he is but do you want us to become a stop gap for the mancs? we would be a laughing stock! imagine he takes the job here in june and old ruddy cheeks pace maker fails in september and the mancs come running? what would happen? are you prepared for people to come here and take the p#ss whenever they feel like it? :(

First off , I don't think O'Neil is a great manager. I think he is our best option if available.But he does have great potential.

Secondly, I think you underestimate the mans character if you think he would do a runner to ANY club after just a few months of starting a 4 to 5 year contract with us.

Thirdly, if I am wrong and he is a total mercernary why would he go to Man U ?. Am I suffering a total memory loss ? I don't see any previous connection between O'Neil and Man U. Are you suggesting that any mgr we have would leave us to join them ???? ????

your both making good arguements woof woof and woolyback (nice username) but lets not kid ourselves!

firstly why did oneill turn down leeds? they did have money (albeit borrowed) and a chairman that wasnt afraid to splash it! even the fans (thick tw#ts) didnt know what that big nose fella was douing with his goldfish so how could oneill?

secondley why did oneill's contract at parkhead and ruddy cheeks old manc contract expire the same summer? coincidence?

thirdly why have ruddy cheeks and oneill both signed similar one year rolling deals?? coincidence?

fourthly (is that a word?) roy soft tw#t keane has made no secret of his desire to end his career at parkhead! what better sweetner to the celts than to have oneill go one way and keane go the other??

fifthly lets not fool ourselves about oneills loyalty track record! he left wycombe only months after signing a new deal for leicester then left leicester only months after signing a new deal for parkhead! why would we be any different?

oneill has his sights on old trafford lads and if you think different your fools! so when we look like c#nts i again ask you this? would you be happy with people from all over coming here to take the p#ss?

Woops ,stoned again, thats what I meant about conspiracy theories. :p  :p  :p  :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby emlynisgod » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:09 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
emlynisgod wrote:

Emlyn , your conspiracy theories have got me thinking.
Nice post until you said if we didn't agree with your veiw we're fools.
Lets just agree to disagree.
Just had a big spliff so I'm going easy on you. BUT don't come it. :p  :p  :p

sorry about the fools bit mate! i get a bit passionate like you know sometimes! my sisters bloke reckons ive got a fire in my belly when i cant get my point accross! so i kneed the f##ker in the bollox! that taught him to keep his nose out of my business especially since hes a glory hunting manc!

and i only got 80 hours community service! :D
emlynisgod

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:16 pm

emlynisgod wrote:sorry about the fools bit mate! i get a bit passionate like you know sometimes! my sisters bloke reckons ive got a fire in my belly when i cant get my point accross! so i kneed the f##ker in the bollox! that taught him to keep his nose out of my business especially since hes a glory hunting manc!

RESULT. :D  :D   
No problem  :D  :D 

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby emlynisgod » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:20 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
emlynisgod wrote:sorry about the fools bit mate! i get a bit passionate like you know sometimes! my sisters bloke reckons ive got a fire in my belly when i cant get my point accross! so i kneed the f##ker in the bollox! that taught him to keep his nose out of my business especially since hes a glory hunting manc!

RESULT. :D  :D   
No problem  :D  :D 

yeah it was mate! my brief was brilliant! that was untill i got breached and ended up doing 3 months! ???

its ok though cos my sisters bloke still cant walk straight! :D
emlynisgod

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:30 pm

No problem  :D  [/quote]
yeah it was mate! my brief was brilliant! that was untill i got breached and ended up doing 3 months! ???

its ok though cos my sisters bloke still cant walk straight! :D[/quote]
Hahaha , Could do with you in the centre of our d'fence.
good luck mate  :D 

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion