Houllier crying ? - Sad.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:22 pm

During the last 5 minutes of the match against pompey, a close up of houllier was shown, and i am pretty sure that i saw tears in his eyes. He was crying .........  I have critcised him so much but he really seems to care a lot about liverpool.  I can't say that much about his signing though who are digging his grave.

But the reality is that he has to go......or he has to stop picking his lackeys. We missed diouf (he could have been our cutting edge). We missed murphy (ok, we missed his penalty taking skills). But he still picks heskey..... why .....the **** ?

He just have to pick the best 11 on their playing ability not on who is the most loyal to him. Anyway, this loss does not hurt so much as i am pretty much sure we will not beat arsenal (certainly not on this form) in the next round. So can focus on Uefa cup and 4th placing if anything is to be salvaged this season.

Its time to build for next season. Its time to get rid of dead weight.

a)Owen - has to go. He is turning into a liability. Our whole system of play is catered around him. And the system sucks. Should sell him before he loses his pace.
b)Hyppia - although he did ok today, he seems to have lost it. He is so slow, he makes the other defenders look bad. He was the best defender a few seasons ago. Now he is not even the top 5 or 10 defender in the premeirship.
c)Heskey - Enuff said.

And as for houllier, he cares about liverpool, but that is not enuff. Bye houllier, Thanks for the treble, I will never forget that season, but it is time to move on.

ps : If wolves go down, we should buy alex rae. He could be our Gary Mac next season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:33 pm

here here!
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:01 pm

He doesnt care about Liverpool, if he did he would have resigned a long time ago.

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby THEBARON » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:22 am

I do believe that he cares for the club but is too stubborn to realise that he is not the right man to take us forward.
I think he desperately wanted to be the man to restore us to our greatness when he took charge and I think his warmth and affection for the club and city was genuine. Once he was in single charge and with his selected players his tactics were pretty clear, a strong defence and counter attacking. His first full season saw us reach 4th with the best defence to boot.
I think that the success of the following season overwhelmed him and gave him a greatly inflated view of his own managerial skills. The Treble wasn't part of his 4 year plan and may have changed his outlook and planning.
Then  we had his illness. His recovery and gradual return to work was without question warmly received by the supporters and city. When we finished 2nd to Arsenal ( and above the mancs ) with our best league season in years his position looked untouchable.
Unfortunately  things have gone pear shaped since save for a cup win against the mancs and an unbeaten run at the start of last season.
Baffling tactical substititions , playing players out of position , keeping faith with certain favourites , an early exit from the champions league , a home cup defeat to a lower league team with only 10 players , losing to a Scottish team over 2 legs for the first time, going 11 league games without a win ..... this was the reality of last season.
This season has seen us getting knocked out of both domestic cups before the quarter final stage , one of them at home ; we have never been in any realistic contention for the league and are facing a major job in trying to make the top 4.
There has to be no room for sentiment. I don't expect Houllier to quit so the board must act!
THEBARON

Postby Puddy Heskey » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:43 am

I know hindsight is useless.But he should have spent that 100 million on maybe 3 or 4 players.Big players.GOOD PLAYERS the average female soccer hater has heard of.He made maybe 2 good signings i would have said.But now im not even sure of that.Even with the sh##e there we have a team that could do well if the chance just went in.We really need to use the wings more.
Puddy Heskey

Postby Thor Viking » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:11 pm

The Rock : don`t even think about signing Alex Rae ! And Wolves don`t go down ! They have 6 matches at home - thats 18points !  :laugh:  :D
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:17 pm

Roberts wrote:He doesnt care about Liverpool, if he did he would have resigned a long time ago.

Roberts

You could say the same for the board for not getting rid of Houllier sooner (one way or another)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:20 pm

if gh cared enough... he would resign!! ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:10 pm

spot on Baron
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:15 pm

was he crying for the club or for himself?I know what I think.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:26 pm

:angry:

GH should go now and the club should sell Owen, they should cash in on him, and use the money wisley, it's about time the club should turn to bring back John Toshack to manage the team.
jedwards

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:47 pm

Interesting you mention Tosh,because he's spending more and more time in the media spotlight.......
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion