Houllier confirms owen is leaving?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Sun May 09, 2004 12:08 am

Des Lynam stated tonight that one of the Sunday newspapers have qouted Houllier confirming that Michael Owen will leave Liverpool this summer.

I have no more details at the moment other than that.

What do people think?

Finishing 4th might change things, but while I never belive anything the tabloids say, I am getting a very bad vibe about Michael Owen and Liverpool.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:10 am

I understand that there is an extensive interview with GH in the PEOPLE tomorrow, get it and you will find out.

I'll post the details once I have read it in the mornin.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:14 am

i saw the premiereship and i know houllier would never divulge information about his player's futures. also, i think 4th is what owen wanted to stay for and now that we almost have it i don't think he's goin anywhere.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:16 am

stapo1000 wrote:i saw the premiereship and i know houllier would never divulge information about his player's futures. also, i think 4th is what owen wanted to stay for and now that we almost have it i don't think he's goin anywhere.

Did you see him when questioned on Emile.

GH : "Squirm Squirm, he played well today Squirm Squirm"
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:18 am

This is the silliest post eveer!
Is he leaving? ?????/
wheres he gonna go then?
Man Utd?...........erm nope!
Real Madrid........erm nope! (not good enough)
Chelsea..........erm nope! (what have they ever won???, history etc!)
Arsenal............erm nope. (Owen is settled in North Wales after becoming a father this year, and Arsenal have no money to spend and cant afford him either!)
where else is he gonna go??

This is utter bollox
84-1083280474

Postby JBG » Sun May 09, 2004 12:19 am

Yeah, Houllier has always defended Heskey and while he praised Emile for his performance today he definitely gave the impression that Heskey is leaving.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stapo1000 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:21 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
stapo1000 wrote:i saw the premiereship and i know houllier would never divulge information about his player's futures. also, i think 4th is what owen wanted to stay for and now that we almost have it i don't think he's goin anywhere.

Did you see him when questioned on Emile.

GH : "Squirm Squirm, he played well today Squirm Squirm"

i think its confirmed hes going as much as cisse is coming
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun May 09, 2004 12:26 am

The Hustler:

There has been a lot of f##king idiots on this forum but you son must be the greatest f##kin' pansie that has ever tainted this place.

Show some f##king respect to established members before you start sprouting sh##e and misreading posts.

Des Lynam produced the People newspaper which allegedly (according to Des Lynam) contains a quote from Gerrard Houllier saying that Owen will leave Liverpool in the summer and in Houllier's opinion it will be abroad.

I'm not saying that its true or Houllier hasn't been misquoted, all I am is drawing people's attention to the fact that Des Lynam mentioned it on tv.

And what the hell does "Real Madrid.....erm nope (not good enough)" mean?

Youre a fuck1n retard.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby kenco » Sun May 09, 2004 7:48 am

If owen wants to leave so be it L.F.C. will just move on.I hope he dose'nt go, but if does dont let it be on the cheap we must get the best fee possible.:(
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 09, 2004 11:24 am

Got this from soccernet. Says Owen might move abroad this season or in two years' time. GH must have some striker lined up (apart from cisse) what with Heskey (good ridence) & Owen (hopefully not) moving on.....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=299861&cc=4716

Houllier: Owen could move abroad

Gerard Houllier believes Michael Owen will move abroad at some stage of his career, although he expects the England striker to sign a new deal ahead of Euro 2004.
Owen is yet to put pen to paper on a new contract, and has been linked with a summer move away from Merseyside.

Houllier, in an interview with The People, said: 'Hopefully, a decision on a new contract will be made before he goes to Euro 2004 with England next month.'

But he added that a move abroad should follow - and that Owen will be a major star on the continent.

'At some stage I imagine he will go abroad. Whether it's this year or in two years' time, I don't know,' said Houllier. 'What I do know is that he could cope with everything that entails.' Houllier has also confirmed he is staying as manager. He said: ``This has been the worst season I've had in football. I've never known a season like it for injuries to major players and bad luck.''
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun May 09, 2004 7:24 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:And what the hell does "Real Madrid.....erm nope (not good enough)" mean?

Youre a fuck1n retard.

Hey! Keep your girls' blouse on you tart!

Owen is just not good enough for madrid. so your saying he will displace Raul, Ronaldo and/or Figo, or even Moreintes when he comes back from being out on loan at Monaco?

Get some football knowledge will you

As for showing respect to established members; kiss my a**hole!. I dont care how many posts you have, anyone can have an opinion. most of your posts are probably as much nonesesne as this one!
84-1083280474

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 09, 2004 7:33 pm

Whoa there TheHustler, JBG has thrashed many a member of this forum with his football knowledge.  Why don't you have a read, his posts are always worth five minutes of your time.

I don't want Owen to go, but who is to say Raul, Ronaldo, Figo and Morientes will be there in two years?  That team is nearing the end of its shelf life, Figo is past 30, will Morientes even come back to Real?  Ronaldo lacks discipline and theres talk of unrest with him, Chelsea will be sniffing this summer i'll bet.
jonnymac1979

Postby columbia » Sun May 09, 2004 7:36 pm

TheHustler wrote:This is the silliest post eveer!
Is he leaving? ?????/
wheres he gonna go then?
Man Utd?...........erm nope!
Real Madrid........erm nope! (not good enough)
Chelsea..........erm nope! (what have they ever won???, history etc!)
Arsenal............erm nope. (Owen is settled in North Wales after becoming a father this year, and Arsenal have no money to spend and cant afford him either!)
where else is he gonna go??

This is utter bollox

after formulating that opinion did you suddenly decide "i can better that" or something because what you just said truly is the stupidest thing anyones ever posted, not just on this forum but the internet.

well done

owen if he leaves imo will go to real, barcelona or either of the milan clubs. I think what houllier said was that he may go but it will probably be in a couple of years time.
columbia

Postby JBG » Mon May 10, 2004 9:31 pm

The Hustler: I don't want to start a spat with you and maybe I went too far in slating you but if you come onto this forum and start slagging members then what do you expect?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon May 10, 2004 10:55 pm

thehustler you're a hypocryte (spellin there lol)

Owen is one of the worlds top 5 or 6 strikers.

Little fact for you here kiddo, Ronaldo has covered less ground the Casillas this season.

Owen is playing with no confidence and has been for two seasons yet he's still a class act.

At his best he's as good as anyone and probably the most lethal in world football.
115-1073096938

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion