Houllier blames diouf! - Do ya think he is to blame or le ex boss

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 28, 2004 4:19 am

But seriously, agree with stmike
He's only bad over his price -simply unprofitable returns at his current rate.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri May 28, 2004 4:28 am

Anfieldadorer, an expensive player like Diouf would surely have an expensive wage bill also.

Liverpool will surely lose a lot of money if Diouf were to be sold, but what if he does not want to go and would prefer to sit out his contract like some of Chelski's players. Then, Liverpool will have lost much more money...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 28, 2004 5:38 am

azriahmad wrote:Anfieldadorer, an expensive player like Diouf would surely have an expensive wage bill also.

Liverpool will surely lose a lot of money if Diouf were to be sold, but what if he does not want to go and would prefer to sit out his contract like some of Chelski's players. Then, Liverpool will have lost much more money...

My point was actually in agreement with yours, azri.
I meant 'price' as overall expenses related to the player.

Looking back to yesterday, GH kept Heskey for 11 m (correct me if i'm wrong). Lately GH found out he's not growing up in proportion to the money invested. Instead of releasing him, GH has even kept building up hopes (if not dreams) for his performance to progress at level expected and catch up with his payouts -which we know it never happened.

GH might have also been waiting for the right moment to sell him at a reasonable price -also meaning at the certain progress point Heskey could achieved, but also never happened.

I'm getting worried now as such case to be true to Diouf if the new manager won't decide about his future quickly.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Fri May 28, 2004 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby swiss_kopite » Fri May 28, 2004 7:17 am

totally agree with you, badmao
swiss_kopite

Postby azriahmad » Fri May 28, 2004 7:54 am

Anfieldadorer...you got my first name right! You're the first one here.

Reading the threads and the postings, the reason why I like this forum is that most of you are genuine fans with real passion and good comments (with the exception of a select few who starts abusing people who don't agree with their opinions).

I just hope that the Board and management of Liverpool listen to the fans and perhaps look at forums like this.

Do you guys know that Liverpool has a very strong support here in Asia, and despite being forth fiddle (in terms of fooball success) to the likes of manure, arsenal and chelski, I believe we are only behind manure in terms of popularity?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Fri May 28, 2004 2:51 pm

Summer 2002 will haunt Houllier.  Diouf, Diao & Cheyrou wre bought when all we needed was Damien Duff.

Seán
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 28, 2004 6:39 pm

Yeah, I hope we sell Diouf.  Definitely more trouble than he was worth.

Where's this potential Houllier talks about?

He has no pace.
He cannot finish.
He cannot cross.
He has no discipline.
He was bought in a coup as a major striker, the final piece in Houlliers jigsaw, and he can't score goals.
We let Anelka go instead of keeping him and leaving Diouf in France.

I still don't reckon he's as bad as Diego Forlan though.  Imagine if he was on your books. :(  :(
jonnymac1979

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion