Hope this can lift you upper - While awaiting for the new signing(s)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:23 pm

they can't replace vieira, just the same as we couldn't have replaced gerrard. whether it weakens them significantly is yet to be seen. maniche is a good player but he's no vieira in terms of leadership and ability to control a game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:27 pm

Maniche reminds me a small bit of a young Petit.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:41 am

Call him arrogant or what you like but Maurinho is one hell of a coach after what he achieved at Porto last season. His team play with intelligence and he has been extremely adept at changing his teams gameplan to foil the opponents and come away with something.

I agree with JBG that Chelski has got themselves one very good manager. His potential pitfall will be to keep the stars happy at Chelski but with his no-nonsense approach, he will get rid of the "bad oranges" as he said regardless of hoe big their names are. i genuinely fear Chelski this season.

Our coach/manager is also a no-nonsense coach who has a good reputation thanks to his successes at Valencia. The only worry is that quite a lot of the players who most of us are frustrated with because of their poor performances in the past, are still at the club.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:23 pm

they cant replace vieira immediately but whos to say wenger wont sign an unknown like vieira was and mould him into a more than adequate replacement in the future. he has a great record at bringing players through and i think arsenal with 25 mil to spend could be more dangerous than arsenal with vieira
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:57 pm

barnesrush wrote:I think arsenal with 25 mil to spend could be more dangerous than arsenal with vieira

Interesting point
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:05 pm

begintoend wrote:Mourinho's no match for Benitez.... their squad is only stronger on paper.

They must be watch closely. But I fancy us beating them. Really!

stronger on paper,are you taking the p*ss.they are stronger in nearly every department. :suspect:  :suspect:
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:36 am

Kezman brilliant striker but suspect temperament
Drogba excellent acquisition but may find the Premierships no-nonsense defenders a bit daunting .
Carvahlio excellent at Euro 2004 but not that impressive for Porto.
Ferreria Porto's best defender Superb player could be the best of Chelsea's buys
Robben quick skilfull but his delivery into the box needs work and easily shoved off the ball .
Mourinho is his own biggest fan but the expectation may even dwarf his own huge ego Limitless though it seems .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:25 am

kenco wrote:
begintoend wrote:Mourinho's no match for Benitez.... their squad is only stronger on paper.

They must be watch closely. But I fancy us beating them. Really!

stronger on paper,are you taking the p*ss.they are stronger in nearly every department. :suspect:  :suspect:

Yah, am ****** on Chelski squad. Hope they drown!  :upside:

They are not having a better manager than us!  :blush:

Chelski has a stronger team. LFC has a winning team!  :grinning:
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:39 pm

I like your optimism, begintoend, but the reality of it is that Chelski at last have a capable coach who can really get results with a poor budget by his guile, tactical knowledge and man management abilities.

Now he is at a team with virtually unlimited budget. They have continued to spend ridiculous amounts of money to get their men. Perhaps for the first time in his career, Maurinho is facing intense pressure from day one and there's no telling what this can do to a person.

It is good that he is hoging all of the limelight and leaving Benny to work quietly. I fancy that we will improve this season by narrowing the gap to the top and perhaps finishing in the top three. Nest year, we should be genuine contenders in the domestic stakes, nothing less.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clint » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:23 pm

just look at real madrid last season, i thought they would walk away with everything, it just goes to show that it takes more than a bag full of superstars to win
clint

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:45 am

Real madrid did not have a balanced team and there, the President buys his players and says "b#gger all, coach, make sure you play him in your team". Queroz did not have a say on who to buy and like his predecessor, was asking for defensive reinforcements. After buying becks, they sold their defensive midfielder to Chelski.

At Chelski, the owner still goes and buys the players he wants but he also listens to his coach on who to buy. They have bought players in goal, defense, midfield and attack. Furthermore, in Maurinho they have a very intelligent coach.

It is hard to seem them falter too badly unless the new recruits completely fail to gel effectively. In this case, they can fall back on the core players of last season.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:10 am

clint wrote:it just goes to show that it takes more than a bag full of superstars to win

This is very possible to be true to chelsea.
They bought luxurious and strong materials for the building, but the establishment of the building itself is a different matter. And to get it done at any level you just can't say abrakadabra.
Being a bit optimistic, in the bigger part of our current squad, we once collected 5 trophies -which chelsea has never done so far. So you can say a bigger parts of our buiding has already been quite well-developed. Expectedly Rafa has now been reconstructing the remaining flaw parts.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:43 am

Seriously, the thing I see that needs lots of attention is the players' determination and discipline.

GH has all the players(ingredients) he needed to make a fine team. Yet he did not know how to cook!

Benitez job is to gel a good team together, have a strong pack of reserves. The team must really have the winning spirit which I have been stressing. That spirit has been missing for the past 3 years. Only players who fights to win for the club plays for the team!
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion