Heskey - The big debate

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:26 pm

i know this debate has gone on for ages on this message board but i'm going to bring it up again after last nights game. the general consensus is that heskey is not good enough for liverpool and should be sold in the summer. however last nights game reaffirmed once again that owen is at his best and happiest when playing with heskey. baros and owen do not link as well together. do u think heskey will still be here next season?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:30 pm

I hope not. Owen might like playing alongside Heskey, but Heskey is all too often ineffective to the point which fans would happily strangle him. I won't get carried away with one performance by team or players, we only beat the third bottom side at home ffs
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:35 pm

i'm not getting carried away. i've never seen an opposing team give us as much time and space to play as portsmouth did in the first half. one thing you can guarantee with wolves is that with players like ince and rae they're not going to allow us any time or space to play. they're going to be snapping at our heels all game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:42 pm

We should be beating teams like Pompey and Wolves without any doubt we will, we should be beating teams like Southampton and Charlton but we aren't. If Owen needs a Heskey-esque partner then let's buy a decent version who does everything consistently that Heskey does and scores more goals to boot
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:46 pm

i'm not convinced cisse is that guy though. surely someone like kluivert or hasselbaink is a better option if you're looking for that style of player.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ynwa » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:38 pm

i dont like heskey i know he does not score loads of goals for liverpool but he brings a new diemention to liverpools defence he good at holding the ball up so other players come into play he is good in the air he has pace and strengh to go through the defence
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:46 pm

Owzat wrote:We should be beating teams like Pompey and Wolves without any doubt we will, we should be beating teams like Southampton and Charlton but we aren't. If Owen needs a Heskey-esque partner then let's buy a decent version who does everything consistently that Heskey does and scores more goals to boot

I think Owzat has summed up Liverpool's problems for the past 14 years.

We can often beat good teams (and we have done this a lot over the past decade) but we lose far more games against the lesser sides than our rivals do, and that is the problem.

I think Heskey has some ability, but its smoothered by his lack of confidence which I think at this stage is gone forever, and a move to someone like Birmingham or Boro would suit both us and Emile.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ynwa » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:07 pm

y did not any one give owen sh##e when he went seven games with out a goal.
owen amited he at the low point of his carear so far what u think heskey is going through with fans jumping on his back
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:44 pm

Owzat wrote:I hope not. Owen might like playing alongside Heskey, but Heskey is all too often ineffective to the point which fans would happily strangle him. I won't get carried away with one performance by team or players, we only beat the third bottom side at home ffs

That is right. MO prefers to play with heskey. But heskey can be so in-effective, that it will be like playing with 10 men whenever he plays. GH should change the way we play to accomodate baros & owen because i have given hope on heskey.

He plays 2 to 3 games well (sometimes scoring), then goes on a run of 10 games where he does not do anything except flicking the ball to the opposition goal keeper...... :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:47 pm

i would like gh play 4 3 3
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:02 pm

ynwa wrote:i dont like heskey i know he does not score loads of goals for liverpool but he brings a new diemention to liverpools defence he good at holding the ball up so other players come into play he is good in the air he has pace and strengh to go through the defence

yeah it really does my head in these days when houllier comes out after games and says "emile worked hard". that's his job for crying out loud. anyone can put the effort in, it's just a case of whether you've got the ability to go with it. heskey does have some ability but i just don't think he realises it at the moment. houllier has always liked players who graft and work hard for the cause. i've always liked flair players who can create and score.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:48 pm

Players who don't graft aren't worth having. You'll never winn an english championship with having lazy players.

Look at United best midfield over the last 10 years.

Giggs, Keane, Scholes, Beckham.

All of those are physically superb and technically superb. They all work there boll##ks off. Hence the reason they were as good as they were.
115-1073096938

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion