Hello fella's. long time no type! - Looking foward to sunday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Sun May 07, 2006 10:02 pm

yup pompey are sh.ite and will never achieve anything like the greatness of our club. Im not even going to bother going into an angry rant because what he claimed was so ridiculous it was just hilarious and i feel sorry for him
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Pompey » Sun May 07, 2006 10:07 pm

Pompey are a massive club, the catchment area is huge, do you know how big Portsmouth and it's surrounding area's is? When the new ground is done you'll be seeing similar crowds to Man City and spurs. People underistimate pompey, yes we've a small ground, but it's a huge club, huge potential, the city is huge, the surrounding areas like havant, bognor, portchester, fareham are just a few places that occupy a lot of people around Portsmouth. In addition, there's only one other club in our distance (if you class them as a club).

Of course you're a big club, but not the biggest in England, on par with Newcastle IMO, smaller than Man Utd by a lot and a bit less than Arsenal, bigger than chelsea to be fair.

Our club mounts to everything, it's a huge club and the future will prove that.

I'm not bitter, we outplayed you at times, the better team won. But honestly your fans were a disgrace, one or two songs the whole match. Quietiest fans all season (quieter than Fulham and they brought 300 down).

Anyway good luck.

P.s Watch Match Of The Day, at 10:45, we outplayed you.
Pompey

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:13 pm

Pompey wrote:Pompey are a massive club, the catchment area is huge, do you know how big Portsmouth and it's surrounding area's is? When the new ground is done you'll be seeing similar crowds to Man City and spurs. People underistimate pompey, yes we've a small ground, but it's a huge club, huge potential, the city is huge, the surrounding areas like havant, bognor, portchester, fareham are just a few places that occupy a lot of people around Portsmouth. In addition, there's only one other club in our distance (if you class them as a club).

Of course you're a big club, but not the biggest in England, on par with Newcastle IMO, smaller than Man Utd by a lot and a bit less than Arsenal, bigger than chelsea to be fair.

I'm not bitter, we outplayed you at times, the better team won. But honestly your fans were a disgrace, one or two songs the whole match. Quietiest fans all season (quieter than Fulham and they brought 300 down).

Anyway good luck.

Believe what you like Coca-Cola small-time boy.

Never heard of any of those places you just mentioned and you really sound like an Evertonian clutching at straws.

Everyone has heard of Liverpool though.  Everyone.

Have you ever visited Bluekipper?  :rasp
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:14 pm

Pompey wrote:Pompey are a massive club, the catchment area is huge, do you know how big Portsmouth and it's surrounding area's is? When the new ground is done you'll be seeing similar crowds to Man City and spurs.

:D
jonnymac1979

Postby Pompey » Sun May 07, 2006 10:18 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Pompey wrote:Pompey are a massive club, the catchment area is huge, do you know how big Portsmouth and it's surrounding area's is? When the new ground is done you'll be seeing similar crowds to Man City and spurs.

What's funny?

With Man City's stadium and crowds they've got to be as big as you.

Trophies bbababbaba, who cares, it's the past, a bit of silverware, wow ffs!

We've won the milk cup, f.a cup, many league titles, but we don't claim to be the biggest club in england.
Pompey

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun May 07, 2006 10:19 pm

Pompey wrote:Pompey are a massive club, the catchment area is huge, do you know how big Portsmouth and it's surrounding area's is? When the new ground is done you'll be seeing similar crowds to Man City and spurs. People underistimate pompey, yes we've a small ground, but it's a huge club, huge potential, the city is huge, the surrounding areas like havant, bognor, portchester, fareham are just a few places that occupy a lot of people around Portsmouth. In addition, there's only one other club in our distance (if you class them as a club).

Anyway good luck.

mate did u even read wat was said up above or cant u c sense. how can we not be bigger then arsenal i mean thats just stupid wat have they won compared to us.
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pompey » Sun May 07, 2006 10:26 pm

You can't be the biggest club in the world or in England, your crowds are half that of barca, 8,000 less than toon, same as man city, will be smaller than arsenal, smaller than man united, same as Chelsea's, less than real madrid, same as valencia, and soon to be the same crowd's as Pompey's.

Forget ya trophies, what do they mean - nout! It's here and now, the past is gone, you're no bigger than man utd, arsenal, or chelsea.

But yes, you're a big club, we know, but so are everton and spurs.
Pompey

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sun May 07, 2006 10:28 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:

Man City and Spurs are top clubs eh  :D , they've won a lot of silverware in the past couple of years ......

Why is this fecker such a tool?

What's funny?

With Man City's stadium and crowds they've got to be as big as you.

Trophies bbababbaba, who cares, it's the past, a bit of silverware, wow ffs!

Clubs are built on silverware, not on attedance averages or stadium capacity. If that were case Newcastle would be a top club, but they aren't. They haven't won anything in the last 50 years.

We've won the milk cup, f.a cup, many league titles, but we don't claim to be the biggest club in england.

We've won the league 18 times
We've won the FA Cup 6 times
We've won the European Cup 5 times
We've won the UEFA Cup 3 times

I'll even mention the ''Mickey Mouse cups'':

We've won the League Cup 7 times
We've won the Super Cup 3 times
We've won the Charity Shield 14 times

We've won more pieces of silverware than any other side in this country, and therefore we are the biggest club in Britain. That's why you can't claim to be the biggest in England, you haven't won anything more than us in any of those areas.

The only cup that others have won more than us is the FA Cup.

In the last five years we've won 7 pieces of silverware.

Newcastle,Man City,Tottenham, are a joke. For all of Man Utd's domination in the 90's they still couldn't surpass us and won't do it anytime soon.

Now we can continue this arguement back and forth, but you will lose and you will become a bigger fool than already are. I just thought it would be fair to give you a warning ahead of time.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:29 pm

Pompey wrote:Trophies bbababbaba, who cares, it's the past, a bit of silverware, wow ffs!

Total contradiction you fool.  I'd ban you if I wasn't enjoying laughing at you so much. 

You've served your purpose on here with a bit of lighthearted banter, but now you're comng across as just a little bit sad.  And it makes me laugh luckily for you.

What time does Match Of The Day start tonight?  And by the way, did anyone see Baptista's goal earlier for Madrid?  Belter.
jonnymac1979

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun May 07, 2006 10:30 pm

we r 3rd right now in the league and only 1 point off 2nd and look at were we r in the f.a we r doing better then almost every club there is in england wat 1 or maybee 2 teams r doing better then us this season and we could of had a better season if we didn't hav our scoring drought wat i can tell u now it wont be happening next season so next season we do better then wat we r doing now and were we r at the mo is as 1 of the best a hell of a lot bigger and better then everton and we will hav a bigger stadium in the not 2 distant future.                                                                                 in the end mate ur r entitled to ur own oppion but u hav to accecpt that u r just wrong
Last edited by pur3 rav3r on Sun May 07, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Sun May 07, 2006 10:30 pm

Anyway good luck.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "big". I think its a mixture of three things, the size of your fan base, the trophies youve won and the ability to atract the biggest named players. 

I admit Man utd are a bigger club then us because they atract bigger crowds and have always had more fans, even when they were playing in a lower division and despite the fact we have won more trophies.

However we are bigger then Arsenal and Newcastle. Newcastle may have more fans in this country, largely because everyone in their area supports them. However they have never won anything and any player in the world if they had a straight forward choice would come to us over them.

We also have more fans then arsenal and although they will have higher atendances next season, it will just be because of a larger stadium. Anfield generally sells out every week and i believe we could easily manage 60,000 a week. We also have won more trophes then them and i dont believe they can atract a higher standard of player then us, probably equal now.

I have no idea about the crowd today as i didnt go, but generally our away crowd is fantastic i can asure you. We make more noise then any crowd on our day, ive been to some games at anfield when its been deafening, the champions league semi last year was breathtaking.
columbia

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sun May 07, 2006 10:33 pm

You can't be the biggest club in the world or in England, your crowds are half that of barca, 8,000 less than toon, same as man city, will be smaller than arsenal, smaller than man united, same as Chelsea's, less than real madrid, same as valencia, and soon to be the same crowd's as Pompey's.

Our new stadium will have a capacity of more than 60,000 which will be bigger than half of those listed. You're a tool. You honestly think that the size of the club is measured on the capacity of the stadium? :laugh:

If that were the case then Arsenal wouldn't have won what they have with a stadium like Highburry.

Forget ya trophies, what do they mean - nout!

Trophies mean everything. That's how you measure the size of a club. Not how loud your fans or how many people show up at your games. That's a bonus, but not a requirment to be a big club.

Juventus have a :censored: atmopshere and terrible attendance record, but they have won the Serie A for the third year in a row.

Top clubs don't set goals to get more people to watch them, they set goals to win trophies because thats what a club is built upon.

It's here and now, the past is gone, you're no bigger than man utd, arsenal, or chelsea.

We are bigger than any of those. It was here and now in Istanbul and we won the European cup. Don't be such a fool, all of those clubs dream of winning what we have and what we will continue to win.

Pompey a big club?
:D :D

Where the :censored: were you four years ago? :laugh:

You just avoided relagation and you think that you're a big club!  :wwww
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun May 07, 2006 10:37 pm

we will hav the all the subscribers on here having there go soon lol
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Man City and Spurs, as big as us? ???
How can I put this...?...um..., ah, yes. My response to your question would go something like this:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Ha!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Portsmouth big? I thought it was a suburb of Southampton personally. Liverpool is the 6th largest city in Britain and the club's catchment area is the entire world because of it's continued success. You know full well that if Pompey won the League cup, that nut-job with the bell would be bangin' on about how you own that trophy for the rest of his life. Not that you'll ever win anything other than maybe the Championship. Huge? My @rse. Is Portsmouth as big as Plymouth? I don't actually care, because... well, to quote a football favourite "Who are you?"

See you in the funny papers Pompey. :p
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sun May 07, 2006 10:40 pm

17th is the new 1st, all big clubs finish in the bottom half of the table. How else can you explain Pompey being a big club? :D

So called big club hasn't finished in the first ten and won nothing! :laugh:
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion