Hell of a come back - Liverpoolvluton

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:13 am

I thought Luton's first goal was offside. Their second was lovely and very well worked.

Our defenders were off-colour and Finnan saved off the line from a Luton header following a corner which was going into the net.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:14 am

Great game and its games like that ,which is why the FA cup will always be a magical competition for me. Even if its glamour has been removed for some in recent times due to Euro nights.
Full credit to Luton and now back to the  league
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:09 am

Highlights from the game: goals, goals and more goals :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media...._bb.ram
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:50 am

If we make the same mistakes we had in the past 2 games against Tottenham, then we will definetly be punished.

We have to correct our mistakes, I know that the players are knackered, mostly Carra and Hyypia, but we can't be making the same mistakes.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:56 am

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:Carson 6 - I felt dodgey during the game. Led in with his feet and not his hands while trying to save + I though he was gonna be sent off
Finnan 7 - His usual consistant self got forward well and provided some good crosses
Hyypia 5 - Shakey in the game today a tad slow with reaction speed not his usual self
Carra 7 - Not his fantastic self but made the effort and never gave up
Riise 6 - Oh dear didnt stake a claim to win his first team place back. Joined in the fight back effort fine.
Gerrard 8 - Goal was fantastic, dribbled and passed fine, To be honest he played like Gerrard usually does
Sissoko 6 - Slightly absent, ran and chased brilliantly but didnt do to much
Alonso 8 - Second half he was fantastic found his touch and passing ability that was lacking in the first half
Kewell 7 - Recieved some unfair critisism, he played well enough made some flicks and tricks and passed quite nicely
Cisse 5 - Is a generous score, missed 2 glourious chances with heavy touches not to mention the penelty miss (joke of the match award)
Crouch 6 - worked hard but didnt do much.
Sinama 8 - Pivitol in the turn around, I hope that performance gives him a chance in the first team ahead of Cisse

Rafa was furious with something after the penelty, Does anyone know for sure what it was. I thought it was cos cisse missed the penelty, but it was suggested it was because the player should have been sent off.
Last edited by The Canadian Red Army on Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:28 am

A.B. wrote:If we make the same mistakes we had in the past 2 games against Tottenham, then we will definetly be punished.

We have to correct our mistakes, I know that the players are knackered, mostly Carra and Hyypia, but we can't be making the same mistakes.

I was surprised Sami played last night,maybe he should have been rested in favour of Traore but as you say,both he & Carra need a break,let's hope we can get a centre back (Agger hopefully) ASAP.
Gracias King Rafa

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:41 am

Carson 6.5
Finnan 7.5
Hyypia 5
Carra 6.5
Riise 6.5
Gerrard 8
Sissoko 7
Alonso 7.5
Kewell 7
Cisse 6.5
Crouch 6.5
Sinama 8

I think what we can learn from this game is that we need new CB.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Alanay » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:36 am

What a come back. After the the SG goal, we just went to sleep as if we won already. And that's bad. Luton played with spirit and well, especially with the history of Luton vs Liverpool in the cup. But, we are much much better than them. If we go on attacking them after the first goal, we should have settled the game earliar. Good goals from our side.

RB was furious after Cisse missed the penalty because the Luton player did not get any card for the foul. Just like Carson got his yellow, that Luton player should also see yellow.

A nite to remeber for years to come..... Is this an early sign of we will win the FA Cup in May 06 ?
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:08 pm

Gracias King Rafa wrote:
A.B. wrote:If we make the same mistakes we had in the past 2 games against Tottenham, then we will definetly be punished.

I was surprised Sami played last night,maybe he should have been rested in favour of Traore but as you say,both he & Carra need a break,let's hope we can get a centre back (Agger hopefully) ASAP.

Your right but you can probably chalk that down to the Burnley factor
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:37 pm

zarababe wrote:Highlights from the game: goals, goals and more goals :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media...._bb.ram

i've tried playing this and the direct player on the bbc website - but both are terrible quality and you can't even see where the ball is. is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roykeane16 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:05 pm

:angry:  :buttrock  well done really tought u were goners
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

roykeane16

Postby shanks » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:44 pm

nice post stu_the_red  informative run down on players proformance and honest and true  :D
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:46 pm

roykeane16  stick to your own forum, oh by the way roy keane dosent play for mansh**e any more so your names redundant :rasp
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Glofut » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:08 pm

Er "Shanks" ....  do I need to point out the obvious here?
Faith is a passionate intuition.
Glofut

Postby shanks » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:12 pm

whats that Glofut ???
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion