Hell of a come back - Liverpoolvluton

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welshred » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:55 pm

thought they were all awful after luton equalised, instead of our normal passing game all we did was panic and hoof it up field trying to get behind them but it wasnt working. We only seemed to gel when we kept the ball on the ground and passed it, we were making the runs and beating their defence. Crouch was getting some stick tonight does anyone know why? ???
welshred

Postby Garymac » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:57 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Anyone who compares that game to the CL final, and past Liverpool finals obviously doesnt know their footie.
Oh errr yer I forgot LFT.TV forum topic starter  :down:

Its gonna get worse on here before it gets better isnt it Cigs
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:Carson 6 - I felt dodgey during the game. Led in with his feet and not his hands while trying to save + I though he was gonna be sent off
Finnan 7 - His usual consistant self got forward well and provided some good crosses
Hyypia 5 - Shakey in the game today a tad slow with reaction speed not his usual self
Carra 7 - Not his fantastic self but made the effort and never gave up
Riise 6 - Oh dear didnt stake a claim to win his first team place back. Joined in the fight back effort fine.
Gerrard 8 - Goal was fantastic, dribbled and passed fine, To be honest he played like Gerrard usually does
Sissoko 6 - Slightly absent, ran and chased brilliantly but didnt do to much
Alonso 8 - Second half he was fantastic found his touch and passing ability that was lacking in the first half
Kewell 7 - Recieved some unfair critisism, he played well enough made some flicks and tricks and passed quite nicely
Cisse 5 - Is a generous score, missed 2 glourious chances with heavy touches not to mention the penelty miss (joke of the match award)
Crouch 6 - worked hard but didnt do much.
Sinama 8 - Pivitol in the turn around, I hope that performance gives him a chance in the first team ahead of Cisse

Rafa was furious with something after the penelty, Does anyone know for sure what it was. I thought it was cos cisse missed the penelty, but it was suggested it was because the player should have been sent off.

As Cisse went to shoot the pen one of the Luton players entered the box, before he shot so technically he should have been sent of. Rafa doesnt miss a thing !!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:03 pm

I though Kromkamp looked a little nervous. I wasnt expecting him to settle in right away anyway and it must be hard making your debut on a high tempoed cvup match. imagine how he would have felt on his first game had he made a mistake which cost us the match or worse scored an own goal? He done ok though still.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:11 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:Carson 6 - I felt dodgey during the game. Led in with his feet and not his hands while trying to save + I though he was gonna be sent off
Finnan 7 - His usual consistant self got forward well and provided some good crosses
Hyypia 5 - Shakey in the game today a tad slow with reaction speed not his usual self
Carra 7 - Not his fantastic self but made the effort and never gave up
Riise 6 - Oh dear didnt stake a claim to win his first team place back. Joined in the fight back effort fine.
Gerrard 8 - Goal was fantastic, dribbled and passed fine, To be honest he played like Gerrard usually does
Sissoko 6 - Slightly absent, ran and chased brilliantly but didnt do to much
Alonso 8 - Second half he was fantastic found his touch and passing ability that was lacking in the first half
Kewell 7 - Recieved some unfair critisism, he played well enough made some flicks and tricks and passed quite nicely
Cisse 5 - Is a generous score, missed 2 glourious chances with heavy touches not to mention the penelty miss (joke of the match award)
Crouch 6 - worked hard but didnt do much.
Sinama 8 - Pivitol in the turn around, I hope that performance gives him a chance in the first team ahead of Cisse

Rafa was furious with something after the penelty, Does anyone know for sure what it was. I thought it was cos cisse missed the penelty, but it was suggested it was because the player should have been sent off.

As Cisse went to shoot the pen one of the Luton players entered the box, before he shot so technically he should have been sent of. Rafa doesnt miss a thing !!!!!

He wouldn't had been sent off, the penalty would had been retaken.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Garymac » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:15 pm

A sending off for entering the area? ?????

WHAT THE FU*K ARE YOU ON ABOUT??

Do you actully follow football do you like it, do yu understand the rules, Did you say when the champions league final in may was taking place "NO, Pirlo should take his pen again Dudek was off his line im not having it, this competion is a joke and the result should stand as void, i will not celebrate are trimph and i shall be writing to UEFA 1st thing in the morning"
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Glofut » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:14 am

I reckon halfa you lot are on drugs tonight. Some weird comments. I reckon some of you should stop reading the papers, just watch the games and read a copy of footie rules. And stop commenting as if youre the most impatient inept myopic knee jerk tabloid journalists in all of tabloid hell. Think!

Btw, Kromkamp looks committed, not too fast, good going forward and has to have bottle to be up to coming on in that game as his first. Nice to see him there. Looks like he'll take time to adjust to the pace of our game.
Faith is a passionate intuition.
Glofut

Postby Well Red » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:31 am

hell of a goal from Xabi, and the best part was he refused to pass to Gerrard and shot himself even though our skipper was screaming for the ball - now that takes guts!

imagine the hiding he'd have recieved from Stevie in the dressing room afterwards if that hadn't curled in! :lookaround

PS. Xabi's first goal = Goal of the Season :cool:
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:54 am

Crouch got booed because of the QPR connection
Jari's mullet

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:01 am

Carson - 6. Didn't have much to do except pick the ball out the net, came off his line well and made a couple of decent stops. Was never a penalty.

Finnan - 7. Attacked well defended decently. Involved in most things, good game as usual.

Carragher - 5. Poor game, was unusually below par, looked lost and generally had an allround bad game. Wierd.

Sami - 4. Shocker, was poor on the ball, horribley exposed and had a generally :censored: game. Himself and Carragher were ripped to shreds in the first half and he gave the ball away so many times.

Riise - 6. Done well going forward, was annonymous during defensive duties.

Gerrard - 7. Inspiratational as ever, but was lazy and to be honest i think thought it would be easier than it was.

Sissoko - 5. Terrible game, looked lost, gave the ball away, looked like he was again gonna get sent off.

Alonso - 6. Annonymous, poor game but two wonderfull goals. Failed to dictate the pace untill after 65 minutes and generally bullied all day long by Nicholls.

Kewell - 7. God game, good passes, looked a threat. Took him a while to get into it but when he did his use of the ball was very good.

Crouch - 5. Struggled. Really struggled. Thought his touch was poor unusually and his link up play was non existant. Tried to much at times.

Cisse - 5. Again poor. Poor touches, should have scored twice, poor link up play. Done well for Gerrard's goal however...

Subs:

Sinama Pongolle - 8. Two great goals, great touches, very good general play from the lad.

Kronkamp - 6. Worked hard, didn't really get involved though.

Warnock.... not on long enough to rate.
115-1073096938

Postby 72-1136150807 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:07 am

Garymac wrote:A sending off for entering the area? ?????

WHAT THE FU*K ARE YOU ON ABOUT??

Do you actully follow football, do you like it, do yu understand the rules....

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

FPMSL!!
72-1136150807

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:26 am

Fair play to Luton they played well, credit to wear its deserved.
Not to you though bavlondon you are a titttttttttttttttt!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:42 am

One hell of a game. We know that cup games carry that extra outta this world aura and that game was just one of those.

It was great cup football, I thorughly enjoyed it, good on Luton to push us, great on us to rise to the occassion again and do so well.

BTW Cisse was awful, he was so poor :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:23 am

i think the feeling after the game is one of relief more than anything. and CGGY is right about comparisons.
ok it was a monumental effort 2nd half and a nerve racking match.. yes even a classic..

but, it shouldnt have ever got to the stage where we needed to make it one.

i take back my comment about istanbul part 2. the magnitude of it yes, not the spirit.... im just glad i dont have to make one about turf moor the sequel!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:35 am

red37 wrote:but, it shouldnt have ever got to the stage where we needed to make it one.

i

'we shouldn't' remarks are understandable, but it's been a heavy Xmas period and most premiership clubs have scraped through, or won by narrow margins etc, even chelski had to pull out the stops.. lets enjoy it, it was a classic.. and a year ago 3-1 down would have been an exit..

I luvre this game..  :nod  the drama, the excitement, the chance for the 'minnows' and 'nobody's' to shine  :D
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion