Heighway leaves reds academy post? - Bbcsport

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:29 am

Stu.Murph wrote:Stephen Wright was the one for me. He could have been and should have been a quality player and our current right back. Instead we sold him and brought in Xavier... Why?

Good point. Always liked the look of Wright and coudln't understand why he was shipped out to Sunderland why we brought in Abel Xavier? Puzzling decision as you said.

Another one who didn't quite a fair crack of the ship for me was Jon Otsemobor. He looked good when he played his few first team games, lots of energy and pace, good positioning, strong and overlapped reasonably well I thought. Was  never going to be good enough to displace Finnan but he's a better player than some recent right backs we've had like Josemi and Kromkamp.

TBH he's not really gone on from then at Rotherham and Crewe and has had a few issues off the pitch. Shame as I thought the lad had some talent.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:13 pm

Learn to speak propper english then come back... 

What's propper?

My dic says it's Mr Propper

But I don't understand  :laugh:

Seriously, I wanted to know your views of how are being the youngsters used in the first team this years.

I think that ideas like the line ups against Arsenal in the cups are not good -- too important games, too much responsability in a sudden. I just wanted to know wether one of he reasons for not having players from the academy has been a not adecuate management of the players coming from there.

you surely have an opinion about that Stu!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion